News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I do a lot of second hand shopping so that's where vast majority of my Schleich comes from, but I will occasionally(/remorsefully) buy some of their nicer modern animals in retail.

pylraster

Well... I do prefer their extant animals and I don't mind picking a few ones up. Their dinosaurs though... From now on I easily pass up unless it was given to me.

Although maybe I'll make an exception for the kentrosaurus and the parasaurolophus.

EmperorDinobot

The Kentrosaurus is a must. I finally got mine and I gotta say, it's definitely one of the best they've produced right along with Parasaurolophus and Saltasaurus.

Tyto_Theropod

Agreed, I can't sing the praises of the Para enough, even though its front paws are wrong and it has the notch in its back that probably wasn't actually there in life. It's a great little toy. :) The Kentra is still on my wishlist, but I have got the Penta, who's sitting around waiting for a much-need (IMHO) repaint. I'm also not a fan of its big meaty feet and the point unguals, so I might try and mod those a bit while I'm at it.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

ceratopsian

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on November 14, 2015, 12:26:09 AM
... but I have got the Penta, who's sitting around waiting for a much-need (IMHO) repaint. I'm also not a fan of its big meaty feet and the point unguals, so I might try and mod those a bit while I'm at it.

Funny you should say this of the Penta.  I have it too (because I was attracted by the dynamic pose) - and it's almost certainly going to be the first toy I get repainted.  I keep thinking it's crying out for better colours.

Tyto_Theropod

Indeed. The factory ones look more like something you'd see on a Chap Mei or a Chaos Effect rather than in nature. Maybe that's why he looks so cross? :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Turret

Schleich has updated the official site with some of the next year products

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/new-products/

The Dunkleosteus and unknown theropod are not listed so I think they might be released later in the year

Rathalosaurus

The unknown theropod should be a Herrerasaurus. Someone on another Forum stated this.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

The website also confirms that the small line indeed will be retired:
http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/consumer-service/collectors-items/2016/dinosaurs/
Seriously, Schleich, what are you up, too? Is that some plan to retire them early and then sell leftover stock for horrendous prices while posing as some sort of third party?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

And nothing of value was lost >:D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 19, 2015, 11:21:02 AM
And nothing of value was lost >:D

Sincerely Schleich dinosaurs are rather aimed at children.

My nephews floor you give them these products. Honestly unless some figure (kentrosaurus, pentaceratops or dunkleosteus) Schleich is not intended for collectors.

SpartanSquat

I cant understand why retire the small ones with only one year of life?

Rain

What I can't understand is why they make the sculptor purposely make stupid looking dinos. He/she clearly has a lot of talent and has the capability of making really good looking figures like their kentro or pentaceratops. The whole "its because they're aimed for kids" argument doesn't make much sense to me either. All of my nieces and nephews have always picked Papo or other companies when I've taken them to stores...

Takama

According to Everything Dinosaur. The small Line of Dinosaurs that was released this past summer are being retired because Schleich wants to sell them in box sets instead.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Takama on December 20, 2015, 04:09:47 AM
According to Everything Dinosaur. The small Line of Dinosaurs that was released this past summer are being retired because Schleich wants to sell them in box sets instead.
I bought my small triceratops and Therizino in a box set but the website says the box set is new?! I also bought my minis in box sets. They also had the velociraptor and giga set and the carno and rex set was out of stock.

Turret

I guess it makes them more money if they sell them in box sets. I should get some of the ones I want while I still can.

sauroid

Quote from: Rain on December 20, 2015, 12:46:55 AM
What I can't understand is why they make the sculptor purposely make stupid looking dinos. He/she clearly has a lot of talent and has the capability of making really good looking figures like their kentro or pentaceratops. The whole "its because they're aimed for kids" argument doesn't make much sense to me either. All of my nieces and nephews have always picked Papo or other companies when I've taken them to stores...
there's a possibilty that they have different sculptors
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Takama on December 20, 2015, 04:09:47 AM
When they did say that? From what I saw in the official website the small dinosaurs will be in packs. I hope they will be sold like Dimorphodon and I hope a Saichania like smal onesl

Dilopho

Do we have any confirmation on what species the theropod is yet?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: