News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Quote from: Dilopho on December 29, 2015, 01:22:23 PM
Do we have any confirmation on what species the theropod is yet?
It's been confirmed since October.It's a Herrerasaurus.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 29, 2015, 02:41:25 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on December 29, 2015, 01:22:23 PM
Do we have any confirmation on what species the theropod is yet?
It's been confirmed since October.It's a Herrerasaurus.

Well, honestly for me fian long. October is almost a whole year.

Silvanusaurus

Someone is selling the new dilophosaurus and dimetrodon on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEU-Schleich-14567-Dilophosaurus-Dinosaurier-Saurier-Dino-Dreihorn-/311505891263?hash=item488732afbf:g:~VMAAOSwJcZWgBfm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381503433284?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm assuming those are legitimate... But does anybody actually want them? I'm actually strangely tempted by the dimetrodon despite the fact it looks like a papo knock-off.

sauroid

i have a lot of Schleich's older models and love most of them, but why is it that i have this icky feeling when i see their new figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Saurox

They're just poorly sculpted and painted. I think the best model they've produced was the Kentrosaurus. 

CityRaptor

Oh my, they look like Chinasaurs on the pics in those links.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

lol true, the Dilopho looks like a Chap Mei figure
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dilopho

Quote from: sauroid on December 30, 2015, 04:32:28 PM
lol true, the Dilopho looks like a Chap Mei figure
At least chap mei gave up using pronated wrists and scaly raptors. Schleich just can't seem to move on from what is a winning formula for them- kids want them because they looks scary. Like a fighting monster to fight with their other dinosaurs. Papo, chap mei, collecta, safari....all the others have moved on from that stage. They realised that if they keep making dinosaurs with monstrous forms for kids....the  the kids will eventually outgrow them. But now they make better, more accurate or detailed dinosaurs, no-one will want to outgrow them- adults can enjoy them too.

CityRaptor

Oddly enough, both links also have Dreihorn in them. That means Threehorn in German, which as "The Land before Time" tells us, would be Triceratops.

Still wondering when the first review of them will pop up on German Amazon, praising how great they are. Maybe I shall leave a review, but it won't be positive. Just did one for the older Dilo 2 days ago, pointing out the flaws. So far 0 of 2 people found it helpful:
http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B000643W32/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Viking Spawn

Even though its a Papo clone, I still like their Dimetrodon.  And that's because its a Papo clone!

I know they have the talent, I just wish they would put their best foot forward into making their dinosaurs.  :(

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 30, 2015, 04:46:08 PM
Oddly enough, both links also have Dreihorn in them. That means Threehorn in German, which as "The Land before Time" tells us, would be Triceratops.

Still wondering when the first review of them will pop up on German Amazon, praising how great they are. Maybe I shall leave a review, but it won't be positive. Just did one for the older Dilo 2 days ago, pointing out the flaws. So far 0 of 2 people found it helpful:
http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B000643W32/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1
Do you mean the 2005-ish one? I like that one, but it looks too....harmless. Dilophosaurus WAS one of the first of the bigger predatory dinosaurs, even if it was outshined by the later ones. It wouldn't have walked around snarling and baring teeth, but the old smiling one is just too cute.

Shonisaurus

It's a shame that the best of Schleich, or rather, the least bad as the great dunkleosteus and Herrerasaurus not be sold in stores until October-November 2016 in the best case and the online stores also unfortunately somewhat of the same.

Sincerely and you have to respect the philosophy of most dinosaur toy companies (a honorable exception of Safari marketed earlier this year) dinosaur figures that both Papo, Schleich said figures Collecta or particularly interesting They are marketed with the end of the year.

Also remember that it is also a shame that have practically disappeared from the production Mojo, and obviously Carnegie Bullyland.

Moreover I am not persuaded Dilophosaurus and dimetrodon Schleich (although see in person) and a bit of what I can say the same dimorphodon or Herrerasaurus to be frustrating as anhanguera or Giganotosaurus Schleich 2015.

Honestly the only interesting prehistoric animal of this year is the dunkleosteus. Personally I would have preferred that it had sold instead of dimetrodon and Dilophosaurus in January, dunkleosteus and Herrerasaurus (the latter with reservations). However, we must respect the philosophy of Schleich and the rest of the companies.

DC

I just got the watering hole set and I like it but it is expensive. Schleich makes great accessories for diorama and gaming.  I want to get the cave set next.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Dilopho

Quote from: DC on December 30, 2015, 07:01:23 PM
I just got the watering hole set and I like it but it is expensive. Schleich makes great accessories for diorama and gaming.  I want to get the cave set next.
Could you post a picture of it?

Meso-Cenozoic

I like their Dimetrodon enough too. Could pair well with Papo's to start a nice little pack.

But has anyone noticed the familiar paint colors and scheme on the sail? It kept looking so familiar to me. Then I remembered seeing a repaint by Copper, I think. Some of the older members will remember one of Copper's beautiful repaints of the Carnegie Dimetrodon....

Even though I know Copper sometimes gets her inspiration from other color patterns on other animals, nonetheless, this new Schleich is remarkably similar! ???

tyrantqueen

Iirc that Dimetrodon was inspired by artwork from a DK book

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 30, 2015, 06:48:31 PM
It's a shame that the best of Schleich, or rather, the least bad as the great dunkleosteus and Herrerasaurus not be sold in stores until October-November 2016 in the best case and the online stores also unfortunately somewhat of the same.
I think those 2 will be in July. I think...
Fromt he 2 new models?...mmm I think I will made my judgment when I will see them in the museum store.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 31, 2015, 01:39:04 AM
Iirc that Dimetrodon was inspired by artwork from a DK book

Aha! Thanks TQ! I knew Copper got inspiration from other sources sometimes. But it also looks like Schleich did as well. ;)

sauroid

i hope that Schleich wont paint their Dunkleosteus pale gray (dead fish color), and instead paint it vibrantly like WS's Dunk (and make it glossy too). i just might end up buying that Dimetrodon, if only for the sail's paintjob.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: