News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: Dilopho on December 30, 2015, 07:20:10 PM
Quote from: DC on December 30, 2015, 07:01:23 PM
I just got the watering hole set and I like it but it is expensive. Schleich makes great accessories for diorama and gaming.  I want to get the cave set next.
Could you post a picture of it?

yes please! I agree their landscape accessories are fantastic. I would love to own the watering hole but its crazy expensive and i have no idea where Id put it. but Id love to see what it looks like as a diorama with dinosaurs...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on December 31, 2015, 02:58:08 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 30, 2015, 06:48:31 PM
It's a shame that the best of Schleich, or rather, the least bad as the great dunkleosteus and Herrerasaurus not be sold in stores until October-November 2016 in the best case and the online stores also unfortunately somewhat of the same.
I think those 2 will be in July. I think...
Fromt he 2 new models?...mmm I think I will made my judgment when I will see them in the museum store.

Roland take, for one simple reason providers Schleich company supplying the Shop Museum of Natural Science are quite lazy. They told me at the museum.

Therefore knowing Shop Schleich in the first Schleich's figures have in the best case in late January-early February.

Takama

MLMjp

Quote from: Takama on January 05, 2016, 02:56:59 PM
A new surprise model   

BARAPASAURUS!!!!!!!

http://www.wateenspeelgoed.nl/contents/nl/d173_Schleich-dinosaurus-dino.html

WOA WOA WOA WOA  :o :o :o :o

I can´t believe it. A somewhat obscure genre of sauropod and made by Schleich!!!!!!

And it more or less accurate it has the right number of toes and hooves :o :o :o :o :o

I´m speechless right now :-X :-X

Halichoeres

Barapasaurus, huh?

Sort of pains me to say it, but looks like Schleich will get some of my money this year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Is this me or do the legs look rather short?

Also, there will be a new Volcano Play Set:

Guess that makes the fourth color of that mold, now in blue and orange. Also seems to come with a new mold Stegosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

hmmm my respect for Schleich has been slightly restored because of this Barapasaurus release. for me this is their 2016 Kentrosaurus and Pentaceratops. i wonder if there will be more "surprises" for the year? and the color scheme is definitely much better than any of 2016 releases except Papo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

A new seta nd a new Stegosaurus? Nice  ^-^ even the Barapasaurus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Well that will be the 3rd Schleich model I'll be getting this year. These are strange times we're living in.

Takama

I think i know why were are getting Barapasaurus

Schelich changed the name of there line from World of History to Dinosaurs. and they are going by time periods in each year.

Dunkleosteus, Dimetrodon, Herrerasaurus,Dilophosaurus and Barapasaurus are sort of early animals for there time periods.    Makes me wonder what else there cooking up for 2017.

The Barapasaurus is a big surprise to me. I thought they were not interested in new sauropods other then Apatosaurus and Brachiosaurus.    But this shows that they will tackle an obscure species each year.

2014 gave us Pentaceratops, 2015 gave us Kentrosaurus, and this year gives us both Herearsaurus and Barapasaurus     

MLMjp

Analysing a bit more deeply this figure has it's issues.

• The fenestrae are very noticeable
  • Nostrils are in the outdated position at the top of the skull
  • The legs are a bit sort
  • The tail suffers from a bit of dragging and could be more horizontal. Although this migh be due to short legs and it is not a big deal really

Other than those flaws the figure looks pretty good. Colors are nice and the spikes give it a distintive look and I have seen Barapasaurus reconstructions with those spikes so there's nothing wrong with them.
If it is a decent size I might get it one day

terrorchicken

Viking Spawn

Whoa!  Okay, okay Schleich!   You got my attention! 

Looks like I'll be adding the BARAPASAURUS and volcano playset to my want list!  For some reason, I think that blue Rexy is a sexy beast!  It'll look great standing next to my Red Rex!   

Thanks for the info everyone!  I'm pleasantly surprised!  :)

PaleoMatt

WOAH. Schleich is awesome again!

Shonisaurus

I was pleasantly surprised with his Barapasaurus Schleich. Animal dark and most importantly well done. That is good news. Moreover stegosaurus the new model is an improvement over the previous figure.

Maybe it's a Christmas present. Great news. It says it all with regard to their paws, their hooves are properly detailed. Good news. Like other factories still it amazes us dinosaurs.

Shonisaurus

Incidentally forum members:

The output "market theory" of the following Barapasaurus figures, Herrerasaurus and dunkleosteus are scheduled for July.

Moreover, the diorama of the volcano with the stegosaurus tyrannosaurus and blue are expected in September.

Source and link:
http://modellpferdeforum.de/index.php/Thread/26023-Liste-der-Schleich-Neuheiten-2016/?postID=1540554#post1540554

So the news is confirmed.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2016, 06:21:09 PM
Incidentally forum members:

The output "market theory" of the following Barapasaurus figures, Herrerasaurus and dunkleosteus are scheduled for July.

Moreover, the diorama of the volcano with the stegosaurus tyrannosaurus and blue are expected in September.

Source and link:
http://modellpferdeforum.de/index.php/Thread/26023-Liste-der-Schleich-Neuheiten-2016/?postID=1540554#post1540554

So the news is confirmed.

July and September?!  So far away.  Ah poo!  :(

sauroid

so the blue T. rex and the stego come with the volcano set only?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

Quote from: MLMjp on January 05, 2016, 05:05:40 PM
Analysing a bit more deeply this figure has it's issues.

• The fenestrae are very noticeable
  • Nostrils are in the outdated position at the top of the skull
  • The legs are a bit sort
  • The tail suffers from a bit of dragging and could be more horizontal. Although this migh be due to short legs and it is not a big deal really

I'm not sure about the legs, but I agree with you about the other issues.  The hands and feet of the figure also look like they aren't correct.  Barapasaurus is a basal sauropod after all.

It's a shame Schleich continues to make most of their prehistoric figures look grotesque.  This is especially evident on this Barapasaurus's head.  Its head alone ruins the figure for me.  It looks like the skin on some of its skull's fenestrae is covered in small holes, like on Schleich's Giganotosaurus figures (as can bee seen in the photo that compares the heads of Schleich's last two big Gigantosaurus on this page).  I'm not sure why Schleich does this, are they supposed to be parotoid glands?  Are these dinosaurs supposed to be poisonous?  Are these dinosaurs supposed to be batrachians?

I think it's good Schleich is making figures of dinosaurs that aren't very well known (I had never heard of Barapasaurus before!), unfortunately the result is ugly and inaccurate as usual for Schleich.

darth daniel

Quote from: MLMjp on January 05, 2016, 03:09:05 PM
And it more or less accurate it has the right number of toes and hooves :o :o :o :o :o

I found several pictures showing Barapasaurus with toe nails/claws on the front feet, for example: LINK 1 or LINK 2. Are these reconstructions inaccurate or is it such an early sauropod that the front feet still remind of prosauropod predecessors?
Would be really funny if Schleich got the feet wrong on all previous sauropods, and when they try to do "accurate" sauropod feet they do them on the wrong species. :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: