News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 05, 2016, 06:42:31 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 05, 2016, 06:21:09 PM
Incidentally forum members:

The output "market theory" of the following Barapasaurus figures, Herrerasaurus and dunkleosteus are scheduled for July.

Moreover, the diorama of the volcano with the stegosaurus tyrannosaurus and blue are expected in September.

Source and link:
http://modellpferdeforum.de/index.php/Thread/26023-Liste-der-Schleich-Neuheiten-2016/?postID=1540554#post1540554

So the news is confirmed.

July and September?!  So far away.  Ah poo!  :(

Yes of course the Herrerasaurus, the dunkleosteus and Barapasaurus latter from my humble point of view good while recognizing the criticism from the forum with justice will release in July. The diorama of the volcano near the blue stegosaurus tyrannosaurus and sold in September. In short it is a fiasco release figures of dinosaurs in general of all, especially the most interesting companies of dinosaurs.

Moreover, in all honesty Safari is the only company that has the courtesy to market figures even before year-end.

Unfortunately the Barapasaurus are not preserved skull and feet but is the best-known sauropod Lower Jurassic.

It is an Indian family member vulcanodontidae

tyrantqueen

Not a fan of the Barapa. It's nice that they got the toes right (and that they're tackling an obscure genera) but it looks too stumpy legged and elephantine for my taste. Kinda reminds me of their Apatosaurus.

terrorchicken

dont get me wrong, I have no plans to buy it as a there's too many things wrong with it for my taste, but still... I mean...barapasaurus! gotta give them credit, at least theyll do obscure dinos... and the paint job is nice...

Roselaar

Wait, what? A Barapasaurus made by... Schleich??!! Just when you think there's no hope for them, they surprise you like that...

I'm not particuarly fond of the figure's look, so I'll save it till I find it on a flea market or something.

BTW, have there ever been any Barapasaurus figures before? If so, by what company? If not, this is Unique Species List material. And the first Schleich figure on that list actually...

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on January 05, 2016, 09:15:47 PM
BTW, have there ever been any Barapasaurus figures before? If so, by what company? If not, this is Unique Species List material. And the first Schleich figure on that list actually...

I'm certainly not aware of any others.

This model has its problems, but I don't think the feet are one of them. I think comparison with their Pentaceratops is quite apt--a usually ignored species executed in a flawed but generally attractive manner. I think the Kentrosaurus remains a cut above.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Accurate or not, a Barapasaurus figure is wort to be adquired. I don't believe we can see another one soon. This one is in my to buy list.

I've noticed something odd about the volcano set. It has water pond near the lava, with a sumeged fish, a frog and a flying(jumping) fish. Do you know what does it mean?

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Silvanusaurus

Well, thats an interesting one from Schleich, moreso than any of their others for this year, the part of my attention its grabbed is more sheer surprise at it rather than really wanting it, but I am kind of intrigued to see how it looks in person. Unfortunately, the colours on that rex with the volcano are making my eyes feel sick.

Meso-Cenozoic

I like the Barapasaurus enough to get it. It's a bit on the movie-monster-looking side, but not nearly as bad as their Theri. I just wish they had not chosen for it to be a taildragger. I don't think we've seen that feature from any company for quite some time! Even Schleich's more recent Apato figures don't drag their tails. Hmm. I wonder why they went that route this time?

I wonder how big that Stego is that's with the volcano set, and if he'll eventually be sold separately. He looks pretty good! I'd pick him up if he was close to scale with their Kentrosaurus

tanystropheus

Schleich has been hit or miss lately.

And the BARAPASAURUS is a HIT  ;D

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on January 05, 2016, 03:41:30 PM
hmmm my respect for Schleich has been slightly restored because of this Barapasaurus release. for me this is their 2016 Kentrosaurus and Pentaceratops. i wonder if there will be more "surprises" for the year? and the color scheme is definitely much better than any of 2016 releases except Papo.

According to ED   This is it for the Larger models. and it was not suposed to be revealed until the summer :o.

SpartanSquat

Wow Schleich you make great point with Barapasaurus. Nobody expected this! Also the volcano set interested me! Specially with Stegosaurus in a dynamic pose. Also do you think this stegosaurus will be the next year in the normal line?

A.Garcia

I want to like the Barapasaurus (the neck/head shape is nice & the spines are interesting), but the textured pits on the head are repellent. The face looks like it was picked at by scavengers or afflicted with a flesh-eating disease. :(  I think that kind of texturing on the dinosaurs is a misguided use of the sculptor's talent. If the facial skin was more like the Apatosaurus's, it would be much more pleasant-looking.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 06, 2016, 12:51:11 AM
Accurate or not, a Barapasaurus figure is wort to be adquired. I don't believe we can see another one soon. This one is in my to buy list.

I've noticed something odd about the volcano set. It has water pond near the lava, with a sumeged fish, a frog and a flying(jumping) fish. Do you know what does it mean?

I didn't notice that! I'm a sucker for fish (and once or twice I've fished for sucker). I'd like to see a close-up, but it'd have to be way better than I would expect from Schleich to justify what I'm sure the playset will cost.

Also: is the Stegosaurus the same basic sculpt as the Kentrosaurus, or is it my imagination?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

I think the Stego is a mirror copy of the Kentrosaurus, only with different Plates.

Honestly i hope it stays in that Playset only.   

Meso-Cenozoic

No! I'd like to get the Stego, if it's of a decent size. Even if its overall appearance is similar to or even a mirror copy of their Kentrosaurus, I still think he looks pretty nice.

According to this link Takama posted, http://www.wateenspeelgoed.nl/contents/nl/d173_Schleich-dinosaurus-dino.html, the Volcano Set is selling at this online store for 80 Euros (about $86 USD). Not for me! :P

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

terrorchicken

regarding the volcano set, I like the stalagmites(or is that stalactites?) and the tree stump but shouldnt those dinos be running for their lives? :D

sauroid

there's even a walking dead stego in that volcano set.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dilopho

Hah! There's a tiny frog next to the stegosaurus!

stargatedalek

Is that a flying fish in that tiny pond?

Hmm, I've no interest in the dinosaurs but the volcano itself and the smaller animals is tempting. Maybe some day.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: