News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Interestingly enough, the description only mentions the T.rex regarding animals.

Quote from: sauroid on January 06, 2016, 06:24:38 PM
there's even a walking dead stego in that volcano set.

Na, the T.rex just likes to put the bones of his meals back together and display them.
"Chicks dig bones!"
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

This was posted on the schleich blog....

Shonisaurus

I know the mistakes Barapasaurus has commented on by many forum members (unfortunately I hardly understand paleontology). But we must recognize that at least Schleich is struggling a bit more than other years and remember that a figure in what fits within the collecting respectable as is the dunkleosteus Schleich.

This company is doing something for once in years straight. At least give them a confidence. That does not mean that the figures are as Safari and Collecta or Rebor and Papo unfortunately.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Dilopho on January 06, 2016, 09:45:06 PM

That is one big Schleichosaur. I wonder what they are planning to do with it. Could be a decoration for certain stores, could be a prize.
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 06, 2016, 10:05:28 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on January 06, 2016, 09:45:06 PM

That is one big Schleichosaur. I wonder what they are planning to do with it. Could be a decoration for certain stores, could be a prize.
It still has a tag....maybe someone can buy it?

CityRaptor

I dunno, that tag is pretty much considered a signature thing for Schleich. You know, despite pretty much everyone having it.
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

As far as the T. rex goes, I saw this a few years ago online:

I never saw one in a store or for sale anywhere, I'm sure its a display piece.
I'm really excited for the volcano set. I don't really like the dinosaurs but judging by the picture it would make for a nice diorama.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

LophoLeeVT

wow i have been away for a long timem and i come back to see the barapasaurus!!!!
now thats schleich!!!! keep up the awesome work!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

SpartanSquat

Anybody have the schleich blog link?

Viking Spawn

I'm mainly interested the Schleich Volcano set for the new and BLUE T-Rex and the Stegosaur (living one!).  I'm not really into playsets that big, but I already have the green red, and gold T-Rexs....  Now I need one in blue to keep my set complete!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 07, 2016, 05:22:49 AM
I'm mainly interested the Schleich Volcano set for the new and BLUE T-Rex and the Stegosaur (living one!).  I'm not really into playsets that big, but I already have the green red, and gold T-Rexs....  Now I need one in blue to keep my set complete!
If I ever do snatch up that set, I'll try to remember that you wanted them since I'm not interested in either.

suspsy

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 05, 2016, 03:40:01 PM
Is this me or do the legs look rather short?

Also, there will be a new Volcano Play Set:

Guess that makes the fourth color of that mold, now in blue and orange. Also seems to come with a new mold Stegosaurus.

That colour scheme makes it look like the T. rex is wearing blue pants.

Can someone add all these new photos to the front page of the thread?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Viking Spawn

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 07, 2016, 04:01:56 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 07, 2016, 05:22:49 AM
If I ever do snatch up that set, I'll try to remember that you wanted them since I'm not interested in either.

Sweet!  Keep me posted if you do!  ;)

Appalachiosaurus

Wow!Looks like I will be spending money on a Schleich this year!  :))

Takama

For those who are interested. Here is the Dilophosaurus

MLMjp

It´s uglier here than in the stock photo :P :P

And it looks like an angry old creature.

laticauda

Whoa Ugly.  Maybe it looks better in person?

tanystropheus

That Dilo might actually look good if the companies, Safari, Papo, CollectA, Favorite and Battat never existed.

CityRaptor

Looks like it could fit right in with Schleich's dragon.  Just call it Dragon Spitter or something...although still an improvement compared to their old Dilophosaurus.
Oh no

sauroid

ugh! revolting. the blunt teeth added to the atrocity
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: