You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Thanks stargatealek, I knew about seasonal and age changes, but since both individuals are present at the same time I ruled those possibilities out, unless one of them is running a little late, but didn't knew about social hierarchy induced changes in the feather pattern, that's interesting.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 04:26:47 PM
Thanks stargatealek, I knew about seasonal and age changes, but since both individuals are present at the same time I ruled those possibilities out, unless one of them is running a little late, but didn't knew about social hierarchy induced changes in the feather pattern, that's interesting.
Not just feathers but also bills, House sparrows in particular are rather famous for it.

Halichoeres

Ruffs have multiple male plumages:

and collared lizards have different flavors of male, too:

Those are both species that more or less have leks, so you might expect it less in a pack hunting animal like these Deinonychus are being portrayed, but who knows how they might have signaled social status? In general diapsids are a little more visually oriented than non-primate mammals, so the different colors on these guys seems perfectly reasonable to me. If I have a nitpick, it's the texture, but depending on the size of these guys it might be fair to chalk that up to the small scale they're being executed at.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Nice information! And wow those lizards are beautiful, I've seen the one one the right but not the blue ones. It's gorgeous.

CityRaptor

And here we see once again how wrong it might be to reconstruct Dinosaurs in mammalian colors. Greys and browns might work for mammals, but Dinosaurs could be extreme colorful. Okay, not all of them, but many. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Killekor

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 14, 2016, 09:23:44 PM
And here we see once again how wrong it might be to reconstruct Dinosaurs in mammalian colors. Greys and browns might work for mammals, but Dinosaurs could be extreme colorful. Okay, not all of them, but many.

Bravo! You're right! I Wii like to see a reconstruction of the Epidexipterix in blue and red!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

CityRaptor

Of course some people might be overdoing it.  ::)
I mean, look at this lizard:

That's more how a red/blue combi would look like on a scaly Dinosaur. And yep, that's two Marvel Characters in one.
Oh no

Gwangi

It is also worth considering that among many birds different age groups have different coloration or patterning.

Case in point, California gull.

So perhaps what we have with these Deinonychus is a breeding pair and juvenile.

CityRaptor

That is possible. In many birds the juveniles are around the size of their parents when they leave them.

Yep, the one with the open mouth is a juvenile.
Oh no

Dobber

Very cool! Thanks for the info everyone. Very informative, that's all I was looking for  :D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

Although not extrapolated to the species of dinosaurs the gibbon has several colors regardless of gender and age. Why would the deinonychus be different from other species of birds, reptiles and even mammals, even though the latter are not relatives?

To me independently that I do not like that Rebor members disrespect the people I will buy that figure because it is the best theropod made by Rebor to date, from my humble opinion.

We already know that Rebor works for free and that is not to scale the acrocanthosaurus of the same brand but the truth and truth is that it is the best theropod from my humble point of view.

Shadowknight1

The trio is up for preorder on BigBadToyStore for $29.99.  Not a bad price for three dinosaurs, if you ask me.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

Still on the fence. They look OK and it would be neat to put together the diorama. The price seems fair. Just not sure if I like them enough or if I'd want to dedicate that much space to this.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on December 21, 2016, 06:07:21 AM
Still on the fence. They look OK and it would be neat to put together the diorama. The price seems fair. Just not sure if I like them enough or if I'd want to dedicate that much space to this.

You can't go wrong with $9.99 per Deinonychus; each with fun poseable features, unique sexual dimorphism (and phenotypic expression), and relatively accurate feathering. Plus, the diorama, when complete, looks kinda awesome  :)

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on December 21, 2016, 06:07:21 AM

IF i were to ever to buy these products, it will ONLY be for the animals. Everything else will be sold online.  If you just want one of the Raptors, then go for it, and sell the rest

utd7

Hopefully not long until they release them as to purchase them online at the moment would be a hassle given all the packages going around for the festive season.
We live in a Jurassic World

acro-man

Articulated and seamless, intriguing enough.
Me and my friends decided the share the 3 in the box.
The only concern is they might end up being very small, given a 1/35 scale
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Halichoeres

Quote from: acro-man on December 21, 2016, 05:12:18 PM
Articulated and seamless, intriguing enough.
Me and my friends decided the share the 3 in the box.
The only concern is they might end up being very small, given a 1/35 scale

I'm skeptical that they'll really be 1/35. Although I hope they are! I plan to buy them, and my 1/35-1/40 shelf doesn't have nearly enough smallish animals.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

The Rebor 1:35 scale Deinonychus Trio "Cerberus Clan" is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur: Rebor "Cerberus Clan - Deinonychus Trio

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: