You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 06, 2015, 10:32:47 PM
It probably helps that both of those are scaly Theropods.

You've certainly got a point. But that statement they made, although a bit ignorant, let's us know that it'll atleast have more feathers than the Utahraptor

QuoteOh Gosh even autocorrection prefers that word... anyway the good news is, 1:35 scientific accurate Deinonychus will be released in future, Utahraptor was a successful experiment, now with better public acceptance of feathered dinosaurs we are ready to move on to the next stage: introducing fully feathered Dromaeosaurus to the public

CityRaptor

I'm aware of that, afterall I mentioned that quote:
Quote from: CityRaptor on November 05, 2015, 08:19:44 PM
Reading the quotes in the first post, I also "love" how REBOR claims that their Utahraptor is the cause of "better public acceptance of feathered dinosaurs".

Their track record with feathers is however rather poor and includes a claim that their Yutyrannus is simply molting. Of course even if they aim for accurancy, there are many things that can go wrong. So we will have to wait and see how this turns out.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

I think most of us are in a "wait and see" stage with this one.  From what I see, most of us aren't willing to plop down money for a corpse that isn't working as a base for another, ie. the Fallen Queen.

EDIT: That picture of that hawk is intimidating.  Far more so than Jurassic Park The Game's "Troodons".  I liked that game, but they could've done a little better.  I think even Spielberg would've thought of those as too cartoony.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sim

Quote from: Rain on November 06, 2015, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 06, 2015, 04:13:30 PM
Quote from: Rain on November 05, 2015, 08:23:10 PM
I really hope they'll be accurately feathered. I shouldn't be optimistic considering how their Yuty and Utahraptor turned out, but they've been on an accuracy roll as of late and I got a good feeling they'll do them right. (I hope.. :-\ )

Regarding the bolded part: With what?  The currently unreleased Dimorphodons?

Their Cerato and Acro is what I was referring to. A huge step up (in terms of accuracy, mind a few flaws) from their previous products so I've got a good feeling they'll do a right...hopefully

A unique feature of Ceratosaurus is that it has a single row of small osteoderms running down the middle of its back.  Despite this, Rebor gave their Ceratosaurus several rows of back osteoderms that are of a completely different shape and size to real Ceratosaurus osteoderms.  This is just as incorrect as not giving a Yutyrannus enough feathers.  The back osteoderms on the Ceratosaurus by Wild Safari, Battat and Sideshow are all based on real Ceratosaurus osteoderms.  The fourth fingers of Ceratosaurus don't have a claw (like the fourth and fifth fingers of crocodilians), but Rebor's has claws on the fourth fingers.  The Rebor Ceratosaurus is by far my favourite of Rebor's products, but it seems to be just as inaccurate as the Rebor Yutyrannus!

As for the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus, the middle of its head is too tall.  If you try to fit an Acrocanthosaurus skull in its head, it's very noticeable.  Its feet are also too big.  Even if this was done to try to improve the figure's stability, it's still an inaccuracy.  It also doesn't have ears, and a cloaca.  A cloaca is missing on the Rebor Ceratosaurus too, as well as on the other Rebor dinosaurs.

Rebor has said they are planning to make more accurate products, starting with the Dimorphodon (which came after their Acrocanthosaurus).  It would be nice to see them start making more accurate products.  So far though, none of their available figures have been very accurate.

Sim

Quote from: Rogue1stClass on November 06, 2015, 05:57:58 AM
Deinonychus is one of the most important finds of the 20th Century, in large part responsible for the Dinosaur Renaissance, but is so underrepresented in toys that Rebor could completely half-ass it and still have the best one on the market. I can't wait for this. No interest in the corpse, though.

Yeah, and it's all 'thanks' to Jurassic Park combining Deinonychus and Velociraptor for their monster dromaeosaurs.

Quote from: Erwinonychus on November 06, 2015, 04:56:06 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on November 06, 2015, 05:39:22 AM
I wonder if the Deinonychus trio will lack eye pupils as well since apparently it's a nighttime scene.

Since the complete scene is done in 1:35 scale, the deinonychus are very small (which is great for comparing different dinosaurs). I think u wouldn't see the pupils anyway.

I've just resized this Deinonychus image so it would be in roughly 1:35 scale and its pupils are still visible.

A very good Deinonychus figure would be great, so I'm interested in seeing Rebor's.  They have to get away from the 'What can be changed in animal to make it more appealing' approach to make something I'll want though.  I don't like what they did with their Acrocanthosaurus's eyes at all, and I'm expecting they'll do the same thing with their Deinonychus' eyes.  If they don't make a Deinonychus with normal eyes, I won't be getting it.

DinoG

I wonder how they going to cope with the stability problem of three relatively small theropods
Run!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: DinoG on November 07, 2015, 07:52:24 PM
I wonder how they going to cope with the stability problem of three relatively small theropods
This is indeed the big question.  And they have to be priced right as well.  No one's gonna pay 40+ dollars for three four inch dinosaurs.

Sim, I get your beef with their Acrocanthosaurus, but it is one of the best models of the species on the market right now.  The eyes though, I think that's just going to have to come down to personal preference.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

I'm guessing it could have pegs similar to the Utahraptor. That, or they will make them permanently attached to the base (which would be kind of annoying).

MLMjp

Quote from: Victoria B on November 07, 2015, 10:26:29 PM

I'm guessing it could have pegs similar to the Utahraptor. That, or they will make them permanently attached to the base (which would be kind of annoying).

Maybe with extended arms, so the wings make an extra support?

stargatedalek

Adding pupils may well be the single easiest customization ever! ;D
Just a dab of paint or even a marker if you're in a pinch.

DinoG

Quote from: MLMjp on November 07, 2015, 10:39:04 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on November 07, 2015, 10:26:29 PM

Maybe with extended arms, so the wings make an extra support?
Looking at the big base it feels that the places where the question marks are positioned are indents for something else...I think the 3 deinos will have their own little bases and will surround the tenonto body which will lay on the main base
Run!

DinoG

It looks like there are 3 indents in the big base where the question marks are, I think the deinos will have their own little bases that will fit into the indents. The tenonto body will be on the main base and the deinos around feasting on it; the individual bases will allow the deinos to work as stands alone too.
Run!

joossa

I wouldn't mind if they were permanently attached to their bases, especially if they will be on par with the detail and paint app as the other 1/35 scale models and if they have dynamic poses.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

empire3569

Quote from: joossa on November 08, 2015, 01:07:51 AM
I wouldn't mind if they were permanently attached to their bases, especially if they will be on par with the detail and paint app as the other 1/35 scale models and if they have dynamic poses.

I feel the same way. And I believe they will be permanently attached; if they were removable, I don't think we would see the three obvious spaces for a based figure to go

DinoG

I feel the same, what would be the point to have removable bases if the tiny figures are not able to stand anyway without them?
Run!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Sim on November 06, 2015, 04:13:30 PM

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 06, 2015, 03:49:15 AM
I was honestly hoping they'd make it so Windhunter was a part of Herc's diorama and the other three dinos were her pack-mates. Oh well. ^_^ I can't wait to see the Deinonychus. I wonder if they'll all have their own color scheme.

Utahraptor is not known to have coexisted with Acrocanthosaurus or Deinonychus.  Of course, you can still use the Rebor Utahraptor with the others if you want to, as Shadowknight1 showed!

Really? Huh, I didn't know that. But it does make sense when I sit down and think about it. I read they lived in the same time period though so I guess I just thought they might have crossed paths at one points. Oops. ^^;

CityRaptor

You might be thinking of Raptor Red, where they encounter eachother. This was one of the points of the book that has been critizised, since Utahraptor and Acrocanthosaurus lived between 5 and 10 million years apart, acccording the what we know from the fossil record.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Sim

Quote from: DinoG on November 08, 2015, 08:03:03 AM
I feel the same, what would be the point to have removable bases if the tiny figures are not able to stand anyway without them?

With removable bases they can be used off their bases, like in this nice photo taken by Shadowknight1:
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 06, 2015, 04:33:39 AM
You can still use Wind Hunter with Hercules. ^_^

We don't know if they won't be able to stand without their bases.  They could balance with the tip of the arm feather/tail/hand claw just brushing against the ground.

DinoG

I personally don't like tripods, in whichever way they come. If I could choose between a tripod and a permanent base I would go for the latter, although a detachable base is a valid solution too.
Run!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: