You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utd7

So it looks like that Act Two will jus be the corpse and then Act Three will presumably be the Deinonychus clan which I am really looking forward to.

Since Deinonychus was half the size of Utahraptor I am wodering how much detail they are going to pack into them and I really would like to see a living Tenontosaurus which is a dino that doesnt get enough love in my opinion.
We live in a Jurassic World

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 07, 2015, 11:10:34 PM
Adding pupils may well be the single easiest customization ever! ;D
Just a dab of paint or even a marker if you're in a pinch.
This is true!  I had to take a sharpie to the Rexy figure that was part of my Jurassic World set because some ninny in the factory forgot to put one in her left eye.  :P
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Sim

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 08, 2015, 08:20:12 AM
Quote from: Sim on November 06, 2015, 04:13:30 PM

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on November 06, 2015, 03:49:15 AM
I was honestly hoping they'd make it so Windhunter was a part of Herc's diorama and the other three dinos were her pack-mates. Oh well. ^_^ I can't wait to see the Deinonychus. I wonder if they'll all have their own color scheme.

Utahraptor is not known to have coexisted with Acrocanthosaurus or Deinonychus.  Of course, you can still use the Rebor Utahraptor with the others if you want to, as Shadowknight1 showed!

Really? Huh, I didn't know that. But it does make sense when I sit down and think about it. I read they lived in the same time period though so I guess I just thought they might have crossed paths at one points. Oops. ^^;

They all lived during the Cretaceous, but keep in mind the Cretaceous lasted 79 million years!  Utahraptor is only known to have lived millions of years before Deinonychus and Acrocanthosaurus.  Deinonychus and Acrocanthosaurus did coexist with each other - their fossils have been found from the same place and time in the Cretaceous.

Quote from: DinoG on November 08, 2015, 01:59:06 PM
I personally don't like tripods, in whichever way they come. If I could choose between a tripod and a permanent base I would go for the latter, although a detachable base is a valid solution too.

What I suggested was how they could stand off their bases.  So on their bases they wouldn't be a tripod, but if one wanted to remove them from the bases they could still stand, as a tripod.

Victoria's Cantina

Another thing they could do is make their feet like twice as thick as they would have been in real life. Then, the bases have holes for the feet, so you press them into the base (like they're sinking in mud) and the aesthetic looks normal once they're positioned inside. Even if you wanted them off the base, they would probably still look OK.

Shonisaurus

I do not want Reborn or theropod theropods Trípodos but do not want no no permanent bases.

DinoG

Whatever they decide to do I feel positive about the final diorama, although I agree with those who will not buy part 2 before checking part 3 first.
Run!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: DinoG on November 08, 2015, 09:20:54 PM
Whatever they decide to do I feel positive about the final diorama, although I agree with those who will not buy part 2 before checking part 3 first.

I think that's probably going to be the feeling of most people.  I just don't think a headless corpse is going to do well.  It really should've been a two part and had the Deinonychus trio already encroaching on the carcass.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

empire3569

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 08, 2015, 11:11:52 PM
Quote from: DinoG on November 08, 2015, 09:20:54 PM

I think that's probably going to be the feeling of most people.  I just don't think a headless corpse is going to do well.  It really should've been a two part and had the Deinonychus trio already encroaching on the carcass.

Agreed. And that way they could have made more money as well; if the split it up like this, there will be people who might buy just the Deinonychus or just the rest of the corpse, as opposed to forcing people to get both if they were packaged together even if they only wanted one or the other

ChubbyTaco

They can do a prowling posture without a permanent base. :)

Rain

Quote from: Sim on November 07, 2015, 03:47:18 PM
Quote from: Rain on November 06, 2015, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: Rain on November 05, 2015, 08:23:10 PM
I really hope they'll be accurately feathered. I shouldn't be optimistic considering how their Yuty and Utahraptor turned out, but they've been on an accuracy roll as of late and I got a good feeling they'll do them right. (I hope.. :-\ )

Regarding the bolded part: With what?  The currently unreleased Dimorphodons?

Their Cerato and Acro is what I was referring to. A huge step up (in terms of accuracy, mind a few flaws) from their previous products so I've got a good feeling they'll do a right...hopefully

The Rebor Ceratosaurus is by far my favourite of Rebor's products, but it seems to be just as inaccurate as the Rebor Yutyrannus!

Admittedly I don't know very much about Ceratos, the anatomy just looked accurate to me. This is interesting, their best figure(imo) is as inaccurate as their worst?! :o

Sim

Quote from: Rain on November 11, 2015, 11:31:27 PM
Admittedly I don't know very much about Ceratos, the anatomy just looked accurate to me. This is interesting, their best figure(imo) is as inaccurate as their worst?! :o

I also find this interesting.  Maybe it's because I'm interested in psychology.  Although in my opinion, the Tyrannosaurus is Rebor's worst 1:35 figure.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess! :)

MLMjp

Quote from: Rain on November 11, 2015, 11:31:27 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 07, 2015, 03:47:18 PM
Quote from: Rain on November 06, 2015, 08:35:51 PM
Quote from: Rain on November 05, 2015, 08:23:10 PM
I really hope they'll be accurately feathered. I shouldn't be optimistic considering how their Yuty and Utahraptor turned out, but they've been on an accuracy roll as of late and I got a good feeling they'll do them right. (I hope.. :-\ )

Regarding the bolded part: With what?  The currently unreleased Dimorphodons?

Their Cerato and Acro is what I was referring to. A huge step up (in terms of accuracy, mind a few flaws) from their previous products so I've got a good feeling they'll do a right...hopefully

The Rebor Ceratosaurus is by far my favourite of Rebor's products, but it seems to be just as inaccurate as the Rebor Yutyrannus!

If you speak about rebor´s accuracy, the anatomy of the yutyrannus is actually really good, is the lack of feathers(just a small amount covering the back) what makes it inaccurate, with the ceratosaurs, the osteodersms are not accurate to what the fossil evidence shows, but some think that they are plausible, also the fourth finger os it´s hand has a claw, when it shouldn´t have it, but that´s one of those details that companies usually forgot

Rain

I wonder if Rebor drew inspiration from this picture made by user Durbed on deviant art

tyrantqueen

"Durbed" is actually a member here...Arioch I believe.

joossa

Quote from: Rain on November 13, 2015, 12:09:11 PM
I wonder if Rebor drew inspiration from this picture made by user Durbed on deviant art

They actually addressed this very image in one of the earlier posts before Hercules was released. They said they hadn't seen the image before, but that the prey they were developing looked very similar, except that is was only 1/3 of the corpse.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Viking Spawn

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 03, 2015, 04:29:13 AM
will the raptors will be feathered or scaly?

Not known.  Yet anyway.  Probably learn something in early 2016.

joossa

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 03, 2015, 04:29:13 AM
will the raptors will be feathered or scaly?
They hinted that they will be feathered. Check the first post of this topic.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

MLMjp

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I see wings that are attached to the second finger!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good start!! ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: