You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwinonychus

Wow, even better then expected. It's completely feathered including the head ;D ;D

Silvanusaurus

Are these juveniles then? I was expecting them to be adults, I'm very dissapointed in the look of them. I was really hoping Rebor might somehow pull some genuine Deinonychus figures out of the bag, but it doesn't look like they've even tried. If these look as cartoony in full detail as they do in these silhouettes then this seems like a waste, these dont even look that different from their hatchling Jurassic Park pieces. Sorry to be a downer, but having loved their Acrocanthosaurus, I was really enthusiastic about their future products, but increasingly I'm getting the impression that Rebor is one of the least dynamic or interesting companies currently in the business. They've shown so much potential too. Oh well. 

Shonisaurus

What happens to Rebor with current figures is very simple, have deflated sales for one simple reason, his figures are very expensive and obviously not sold in the few online shops in the world as they would like. That is why now do pretty baby dinosaurs and small animals.

MLMjp

I don´t these are juveniles guys. They just suffer from having a big head. And I think that´s not so far from the truth.

Take a look at Hartman´s skeleton:

Head looks big to me. Also I think those eyes are definitely not the actual ones, they were probably added after they made the silhouette. Also take into account the perspective.

We will see when they release black and white pictures of the prototypes....

DinoG

Oh, yes they will come out soon. I think Rebor understood the they would not sell many part 2 without disclosing part 3...
Run!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on April 22, 2016, 09:21:45 PM
I don´t these are juveniles guys. They just suffer from having a big head. And I think that´s not so far from the truth.

Take a look at Hartman´s skeleton:

Head looks big to me. Also I think those eyes are definitely not the actual ones, they were probably added after they made the silhouette. Also take into account the perspective.

We will see when they release black and white pictures of the prototypes....

That skeletal only further illustrates how far from reality the 'designs' of these are, the shapes of the neck/head arrangements on Rebor's raptors make them look more like aliens than believable dinosaurs.

empire3569

These look so much better than I was expecting! If the finished product looks half as good as these black and white photos, then I think they will be an instant purchase! Also, is anyone else wondering how they will stand? Balanced on the wing feathers? Pegs in the base maybe?

tanystropheus

REBOR is a bit like Nintendo. They have so much potential but are not giving the fans what they want. They are doing their own thing (e.g. Starfox 0 gimmicky controls, ceratopsian fridge magnets) often at the expense of progress. Innovation for innovation's sake.

DinoLord

From what the silhouettes show these look a bit clunky. Honestly I think Rebor should give up on making feathered dinosaur species if they aren't going to do them justice...

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tyrantqueen

The feathers on the arms show promise, but I don't care for the large head and feet. It ends up making the figure look deformed. I hope they actually make them feathered, not that horrible shaggy fuzz they used for their Utahraptor. We'll see.

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Dinomike

I'm pretty excited!  I want to see the whole diorama completed!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shadowknight1

I'm gonna hold off judgement until I see the actual figures, but it looks like they may have messed up on the wings the same way Papo did.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Lets wait until they completely showed. Maybe i will buy them if their feather correct..

LophoLeeVT

NOW i see the pics!!! wow but i will have to agree with arul and wait till the full pics have been realeased.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

PaleoMatt

BirDan

Anyone heard any recent news? My Acro needs some company!

Arul

Quote from: BirDan on June 17, 2016, 04:15:25 AM
Anyone heard any recent news? My Acro needs some company!

My acro too :D but still no new info about them..

BirDan

Thanks, hopefully they release a colour photo soon :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: