News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Scout Series

Started by joossa, November 30, 2015, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Figures seem to be good, perhaps better than Safari dinosaur hatchlings.

Viking Spawn

These are beautiful!  Can't wait to pair them up with mamma or papa!   

CityRaptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 25, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

Well, Safari's Dinosaur hatchlings are for the most part molds from the nineties and also far cheaper.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 25, 2016, 06:04:16 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 25, 2016, 01:39:53 PM

Well, Safari's Dinosaur hatchlings are for the most part molds from the nineties and also far cheaper.

City Raptor I apologize and I apologize if I offended anyone. Safari for me is my favorite with Collecta company, nor say, Safari figures are great. Although these figures Rebor must also recognize their enormous failures that fits within what are not bad.

Moreover as it is advancing the art in producing toys and figures resin and science, tend to improve the figures.

But Safari is my favorite company.

MLMjp

These guys are so cuteeee!!!!!!
And they look really good. And since they are smaller they are going to be cheaper. I might try to get them.

Also guys, which one you think looks better, this baby Triceratops or the Papo baby Triceratops?

stargatedalek

AFAIK both the Papo and REBOR baby Triceratops have incorrect feet but the Papo one isn't shrinkwrapped so I'd say that ones better.

Halichoeres

Those really do look pretty nice. The Stegosaurus also has a color scheme that makes it compatible with roughly half of all Stegosaurus figures ever produced.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Not interested. REBOR should do a pterosaur series :).

Arul

Heeeyyy they can be friends...  :) i cant wait for their mama ! :P

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on March 25, 2016, 08:04:49 PM
And they look really good. And since they are smaller they are going to be cheaper. I might try to get them.

Also guys, which one you think looks better, this baby Triceratops or the Papo baby Triceratops?
This one i think, altough i love both brands. This one looks more realistic.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Dinomike

I like both a lot! Stego's my favorite of the two.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

joossa

Definitely getting two of the baby Stegosaurus. So cute! ;D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Dinofiel on March 26, 2016, 12:12:09 AM

I disagree. The colour palette on this one is more subdued but it's limbs and tail are too long and it's spinal column is visible.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 26, 2016, 04:11:37 AM
Quote from: Dinofiel on March 26, 2016, 12:12:09 AM

I disagree. The colour palette on this one is more subdued but it's limbs and tail are too long and it's spinal column is visible.

Interesting that you've mentioned the color palette. Not sure what it looks like in hand, but according to REBOR FB:

"we've taken them even more seriously than usual and applied over 17 painting procedures on each figure to ensure that these juvenile dinosaurs look beautiful and genuine"

Also, I don't think they look shrink-wrapped..perhaps, a bit on the gaunt side, though.

Shadowknight1

Wonder how many years it'll be before I get to see Baby Herc lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

I don't think the Stegosaurus looks shrinkwrapped, the only problem I see with it is the wrists, but the Triceratops certainly is (and the long limbs and tail make it look even thinner). They're pretty good overall actually, but between trying (and largely failing) to focus on figures from previous years I haven't gotten yet and the recent behavior of some parties at REBOR I won't be getting these. I'm hoping the colour photos of that JP Compy make me eat my words here though ;)

MLMjp

Since not a lot of companies make baby dinos recently (Collecta old babies come to my mind ::)) I think Rebor made a good choice with the idea of the hatchlings. I do have the old baby dinosaurs from Safari, but some of them are a bit outdated and don't go well with modern figures from Safari, Collecta or Papo. Even though they are not perfect in accuracy department, (A few minor issues, not a big deal for me) these hatchlings look very nice and cute and since they are small they will be more affordable (I hope ::)) than the rest of their products.

And that´s why I´m looking forward to these and I will try to get them (sooooooo many things I want to get :'(). Also they said each 1/35 figure that they have made or they will make will have a hatchling partner (A potential baby Acrocanthosaurs? ???) so there´s plenty to look for. :)
Except for those two raptors from the second wave and the potential baby T.rex and Yutyrannus, because those will not be even close to be reasonable accurate, just take a look an their adults....Besides I already have Collecta´s baby Tyrannosaurus. ;)

Now If they focus a bit more on their main line instead of makings these JP copies in other scales.......That will be nice. ::)

Viking Spawn

How cute!  :D   Meet "Breeze."

MLMjp

Yep, I called that. ;) It is the baby Utahraptor.

joossa

So judging by the hands/claws, its the one on the right in this image. I wonder what the one on the left is?

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: