News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Art inspired by figures

Started by Horridus, May 17, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 23, 2014, 07:19:42 PM
Quote from: stoneage on February 23, 2014, 07:07:45 PM
Quote from: Foxilized on February 23, 2014, 04:00:27 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 23, 2014, 12:36:32 AM
Quote from: stoneage on February 22, 2014, 11:46:59 PM
Quote from: Foxilized on February 22, 2014, 11:10:35 PM
Kinto desktop models on Doraemon movie.

Were you on  the old Toy Forum?

I believe so, unless it is an imposter with the same username! Welcome to version 2 Foxilized, good to see you here :)

Yep, it's me.  ;)

They were just talking about you on whatever happen to?  Where have you been?  Whats the story?
Errr...no one was was.

Yes Gwangi was, funny thing is your post were all over the thread.

Quote from: sauroid on February 16, 2014, 08:31:36 AM

i dont see the following people anymore: Stoneage, Gryphoceratops, Seijun.
and like Gwangi, i used to be a frequenter of fish forums like monsterfishkeepers, and herp forums. i still keep a lot of fish and reptiles but im not active in these  forums anymore.

Seijun is still around. She posts in her Dinosaur-a-Day collection thread on occasion.  The other two though, haven't seen them recently. Haven't seen Foxilized in a long time either, he was the first member I received figures from actually.

I was a member of MFK (Monster Fish Keepers) too, was even a moderator for awhile.

Foxilized

It's a story of changing into a new flat, lacking a job and having to repress the collecting habit. Best thing for me was keeping far away from the forum so I didn'f fall on the tempation, which is basically what this forum is to me, a constant drooling and teasing  :)) I'm always wanting to come back and start trading again, but first I need some sort of economic stability so this is truly a hobbie, and not a way of covering my problems. I need this to be a hobbie and not an addiction. So that's the story. For the moment i'm still in this sort of rehab  ;D  so you won't see me too much around... But i'm there.  ;)

postsaurischian

o-oh ... addiction :-[ ... I know about that ... but I can't help ... and still I'm feeling fine.

Welcome back, foxilized - you were that Neanderthal guy, weren't you :)?

stoneage

Quote from: Foxilized on March 01, 2014, 09:07:13 AM
It's a story of changing into a new flat, lacking a job and having to repress the collecting habit. Best thing for me was keeping far away from the forum so I didn'f fall on the tempation, which is basically what this forum is to me, a constant drooling and teasing  :)) I'm always wanting to come back and start trading again, but first I need some sort of economic stability so this is truly a hobbie, and not a way of covering my problems. I need this to be a hobbie and not an addiction. So that's the story. For the moment i'm still in this sort of rehab  ;D  so you won't see me too much around... But i'm there.  ;)

Well if I remember right you are from Spain.  You were an actor and the economy there went downhill.  Hope things work out.  Until recently, I had cut down on my purchases.  I may have to do it again

Gwangi

Nice to see you again Foxilized. I certainly can see how this site wouldn't help with an addiction. I'm always here drooling too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Doesn't help in the least ! lol

I try to juggle the collectibles I want with the Park here..usually I say to myself " well I  can use that one for a reference later .."  lol

Foxilized

Yes Stoneage, you remember correctly. Today Spain is more a joke than a country. And sadly not a funny one at all.

And yes Postsaurischian, I was the neanderthal guy.  ^-^

Ey thanks for the welcoming, mates. 

tyrantqueen

I've noticed Mohamad Haghani featuring a lot of plagiarised (?) art in his work. I wasn't sure where to post this but I'll put it here since it is "inspired" by a popular model.

The head is borrowed from the SS Carno, and the leg bears resemblance to this 3d model: http://swordlord3d.deviantart.com/art/Museum-T-rex-02-401134567

I don't know if he has the artists' permission but I have never seen him credit them in his works. There are more but I won't go into that here.

Patrx

Minus several points for copying, but plus even more points for depicting a feathered abelisaur!

brandem

Feel like I've seen these guys somewhere before

Takama

You be surprised on how many pieces of Artwork Are based off of Papo Toys.

CityRaptor

Well, it could be worse. They could be based on Schleich. I saw a book with their Tyrannosaurus on the cover.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinomike

A work of art that borrows elements from another piece, like a statue, can not be considered plagiarized. Therefore Mohamad Haghani's work is an original piece. At least in my opinion. It would be a different story had he produced a copy of another artist's work and claimed it as his own.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

Mark Witton's painting of a swollen river representing part of the Hastings Beds whose represented fauna includes a titanosaur 'Pelorosaurus' becklesii that looks so much like the Kaiyodo dino tales Apatosaurus

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

People say that we're past the age of seeing sauropods as aquatic, yet every time I see sauropods near a body of water, at least one of them is partially submerged in it.

Just a little joke ;) Guess they're like elephants in that they like to take a dip every now and then.

sauroid

they were the pachyderms of their time. they needed to wallow in water and mud to repel annoying insects and pecking birds.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pachyrhinosaurus

There's also a dinosaur-themed restaurant in Kansas with this animatronic:

The paint looks very familiar.  ;) The Orlando version does not have the tyrannosaurus painted like the Battat rex, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Simon

Can we say "Battat TRex"?  ;)

stargatedalek

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: