News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Dinosaur Art & Sculptures

Started by Archinto, January 23, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Wow I'm very surprised with that color squeme, I don't know why I expected something greenish or greyish, looks awesome, it's a pleasing surprise.

Archinto

The colors are based off of a Galapagos Land Iguana
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Archinto on December 14, 2016, 01:19:53 AM

I often forget about the land iguanas, the marine ones  get all the attention hehe

Archinto

I was originally going to follow the striping pattern on the Pink land iguana, but then saw this coloration and knew it was it!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Jose S.M.

The pink one is cool, but this one looks really good, I think you made the right call.

Blade-of-the-Moon

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on December 14, 2016, 01:26:43 AM
Quote from: Archinto on December 14, 2016, 01:19:53 AM

I often forget about the land iguanas, the marine ones  get all the attention hehe

Galapagos Land Iguanas are yellow and brown, it looks more like a Marine Iguana. Really nice color pattern though! I thought it was going to be grey or brownish! I'm glad its different.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

The one I based this on looked to be a male lizard in full breeding colors. It was definitely a galapagos land iguana, I saw a picture of a pair and the male looked almost exactly like the one I had picked from another photo, the female was more yellow red brown colored. :)

Thank you for the kind words! I just got it listed on ebay and already have watchers! :)

Killekor

Congratulacions! Archinto! It's a fantastic sculpture!

Congratulacions!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Newt

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 14, 2016, 06:51:33 PM
Really wish you were casting these.
Seconded! I would buy most of these in a heart beat.

Archinto

I would really love to cast them. It would boost the value of my originals to boot......

I'll look into the materials. Last time I looked it was prohibitively expensive for the kind of stuff I wanted. :s

I've just started an armature for a 1:10 Titanophoneus. I hope to have it done and foiled today, hopefully get some clay on it and start sculpting too.... :3

Fenestra

Oh wow!  :o
What a great sculpture. And the paint scheme you picked for it suits it very well.
With all the effort you've put into this beast, I really hope it sells for some good money.
You've earned it. That's for sure.

Archinto

I have a fan..... I am pleased to announce the Cotylorhynchus and the Deltavjatia just sold tonight for a fair and honest good price! :D I am so happy! The same fellow who purchased my Diadectes and Hesperosuchus is growing his collection! Time to bust a leg and get the Titanophoneus going, and make another armature! Does anyone have a suggestion for which Permian era carnivore I should make in conjunction with my Titanophoneus? The scale will be 1:10

spinosaurus1

absolutely gorgeous work. loving the coloration on this guy. :). been a pleasure following it's progress

how about ulemosaurus. not a predator, but quite an underrated species that coexisted with Titanophoneus   :)

Killekor

Archinto, do you will do a Tanystropheus?

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Archinto

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 15, 2016, 08:54:16 PM
absolutely gorgeous work. loving the coloration on this guy. :). been a pleasure following it's progress

how about ulemosaurus. not a predator, but quite an underrated species that coexisted with Titanophoneus   :)

Hmmm, same area and same time frame. Thats not a bad idea. It's basically a form of Moschops with some differences. Titanophoneus would have most likely hunted these creatures. I'll think on that. I was almost debating haveing a diorama setup with two different predators fighting over a carcass. Maybe the carcass can be Ulemosaurus.... :3

Killekor, Tanystropheus would be a bit difficult to tackle. Not so much that the figure is hard to make, but more so that it would be so super fragile! I need to research other sculpting media to be able to do a Tany, but some day I might :)

I'm almost done with the skull, just need to make a lower jaw, but Im half tempted to bake this part before proceeding. The teeth are crazy gnarly! I'll post a pic so you can see how I make my armatures.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Archinto

If they were close enough in time frame, Id do it, but they are too far apart in time. Seems that era of time in Russia where Titanophoneus lived it was dominated by dinocephalians and tapinocephalians. Maybe just building an Ulemosaurus in a posture that compliments the pose I'm building the titanophoneus will do. The predator is in a lithe attacking pose.

Heres some photos of the starting on the Titanophoneus. I decided to bake the head before building the lower jaw. I'm glad I did or I'd be fixing too many teeth all the time Hahaa! Anyways, this gives you a closer look at how I build up my armatures. I still need to finish building one foot with wire, but the main support feet are all built up. The frame is all mechanics wire with stainless lock wire for the feet, head and wrappings. I then filled the body cavity with aluminum foil.

Titanophoneus potens WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: