You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Lanthanotus

I just checked and saw that flights from Frankfurt to Nottingham would just cost like 140 € on certain dates ..... need to think about coming over for a look of what looks like a very impressive exhibition. Is your museum shop any good? By chance some PNSO for sale?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 04, 2017, 09:06:08 PM
I just checked and saw that flights from Frankfurt to Nottingham would just cost like 140 € on certain dates ..... need to think about coming over for a look of what looks like a very impressive exhibition. Is your museum shop any good? By chance some PNSO for sale?

Sadly, the museum shop is out of my control. There was talk of stocking PNSO figures - especially since the PNSO are providing the artwork for the exhibition - but I can't guarantee that at this stage. I'll announce here as soon as I know what's going on with the shop.

If you can make it all that way then I'd be delighted to meet you in person, if I'm available. Just let me know when you're in town! 8)

DinoToyForum

Teaser trailer for the exhibition. Anyone who follows the Dinosaur Toy Blog Channel may find the music familiar ;)

https://youtu.be/hdHRnu_aAPA

Patrx

Charming video! Alas, I wish I could attend this exhibition.

DinoToyForum

Your humble admin admires one of the fossils at the IVPP in Beijing last year.

This Sinosauropteryx is one of several real fossils in the exhibition with soft tissue preserved. Fuzz or fibres? Come and inspect the evidence and decide for yourself.

I recommend booking tickets in advance to guarantee entry - tickets are on sale now for a very reasonable £7 for adults and £5 for kids: http://www.dinosaursofchina.co.uk/tickets/ (Tickets are more expensive for the preview day)

We didn't want to cater only for the super-rich; everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals... and there is no coupon day. ;)

DinoToyForum

Gigantoraptor may have been flightless, but perhaps it could twirl?

DinoToyForum

Here are some updates on the exhibition content. First, some of the real fossils...

The holotype of Caudipteryx dongi:

Dinosaur egg (Ovaloolithus):

And next, some of the replicas:

'Archaeoraptor':

The pterosaur, Wukongopterus:

Patrx

Wow, the actual Caudipteryx holotype? That's an impressive fossil.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Patrx on April 26, 2017, 10:26:42 PM
Wow, the actual Caudipteryx holotype? That's an impressive fossil.

Yes, it is one of two actual holotypes in the exhibition, the other being Microraptor gui. I can hardly believe it myself! There are several casts of holotypes as well.

Today we revealed another real fossil in the exhibition (not a type this time), Pinacosaurus:

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Here are the exhibition curators (Dr Wang Qi and yours truly) with Hunter the Sinraptor, and British naturalist and TV presenter, Chris Packham, who is supporting the exhibition.

News story here: http://westbridgfordwire.com/chris-packham-supports-dinosaurs-china-exhibition/

DinoToyForum

Lanthanotus

DinoToyForum

Pleased to announce that we'll be stocking PNSO products in the exhibition shop, so bring your pocket money ;) I don't know exactly what, but certainly some of the existing released PVC toys. We would like to stock the new releases but they may not be available. If they become available, we'll stock them. I'll keep you posted.

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2017, 09:27:39 PM
Pleased to announce that we'll be stocking PNSO products in the exhibition shop, so bring your pocket money ;)

That's brilliant (although I have most of what is available already).  The next question - do you know if Triceratops "Dolly" will be among them?  (Just thinking of whether it's worth ordering one from China or whether to wait!)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 10, 2017, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2017, 09:27:39 PM
Pleased to announce that we'll be stocking PNSO products in the exhibition shop, so bring your pocket money ;)

That's brilliant (although I have most of what is available already).  The next question - do you know if Triceratops "Dolly" will be among them?  (Just thinking of whether it's worth ordering one from China or whether to wait!)

I don't know, but will say when I do.  8)

ceratopsian

Thank you.

I hope your preparations are all going well.

ImADinosaurRARR

Wait, this exhibition is taking place in England?.. Well, I guess I know were I'm going after exams ;P

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on May 11, 2017, 09:52:25 AM
Wait, this exhibition is taking place in England?.. Well, I guess I know were I'm going after exams ;P

For £7 you get to see the tallest dinosaur skeleton ever mounted in the UK, real feathered dinosaur fossil never before seen outside of Asia, and much more. It's a must see!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: