You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs of China exhibition - Nottingham

Started by DinoToyForum, February 19, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

The exhibition is looking very impressive!

DinoToyForum

Here's a summary of the mounted skeletons on display. :o

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 16, 2017, 11:31:25 PM

Gallamimus? Sinraptor, Citipati, Mamenchisaurus, Sinosaurus, Guanlong, Gigantoraptor, Lufengosaurus, and Protoceratops?

DinoToyForum

Not Gallimimus. It is the therizinosaur Alxasaurus. The oviraptorid is nominally Oviraptor, but further study might show otherwise.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur's blog article about the forthcoming dinosaur exhibition:Feathered Dinosaurs Exhibition - Dinosaurs of China

What an amazing opportunity to view some of the most significant vertebrate fossils discovered to date.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 26, 2017, 04:01:28 PM
Everything Dinosaur's blog article about the forthcoming dinosaur exhibition:Feathered Dinosaurs Exhibition - Dinosaurs of China

What an amazing opportunity to view some of the most significant vertebrate fossils discovered to date.

Thanks for the nice article!

If you want to use any of the photos of fossils posted in this thread, to illustrate your article, you're welcome to.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

I've been sharing photographs of specimens each Fossil Friday. This week's was Confuciusornis, another one of the real fossils in the exhibition.

DinoToyForum

Things are getting real inside the Nottingham Natural History Museum, Wollaton Hall!

DinoToyForum

The dinosaurs are now in the building and things are taking shape quickly! :o Seriously, if you're in the UK or able to travel to the UK this summer, you should book tickets - you really don't want to miss this.

Everything_Dinosaur

We are getting very excited about this forthcoming exhibition.  Our latest article features pics of the unloading of some of the amazing exhibits: Dinosaurs of China Exhibits Arrive!

For UK-based forum members, who for those visiting the UK from overseas, this is one for your "summer to do" list.  Details and ticket prices here: Dinosaurs of China

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has a pair of tickets to give away in a free prize draw (sorry only available to UK residents).  To enter, visit the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page "like" and comment on the prize draw post.  Tell us what you want us to blog about to enter.

You can always give our Facebook page a "like" as well but this is not mandatory.  Competition to win tickets in prize draw is here: Facebook Prize Draw

You can also enter by placing a comment on our blog post: Win a Pair of Tickets for the Dinosaurs of China Exhibition you can also find full terms and conditions on this post.

DinoToyForum

Today we put the head on the Mamenchisaurus.  8)

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 16, 2017, 11:31:25 PM

This pic really turns me on and I hope I can make it to Nottingham in August :).

DinoToyForum

It would be awesome if you could, Postsaurischian.

Here's a shot of the Mamenchisaurus from below. We finished mounting it this week. Doors open to the public in two weeks!

ceratopsian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 17, 2017, 09:16:37 PM

Here's a shot of the Mamenchisaurus from below. We finished mounting it this week. Doors open to the public in two weeks!

What a stunning angle to take the shot!

Lanthanotus

How high does that stand? I guess this view will be impossible to get for visitors?

ceratopsian

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 18, 2017, 11:24:58 AM
How high does that stand? I guess this view will be impossible to get for visitors?

My thoughts exactly!

DinoToyForum

It is 13m tall.

Visitors can stand directly under the front of the neck, but not under the arms or chest.

ceratopsian

Thanks for info on visitor access.  I suspected this would be the case!  But we have your photo to enjoy.  I hope all is going smoothly!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: