News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moldovan0731

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 29, 2018, 10:33:36 PM
I'll definitely try to get hold of this one, should it ever see a release!, and provided I can afford it, more importantly. My ideal Giganotosaurus is the Vitae, which is definitely out of my price range - no two ways about that, unfortunately.

There's a distinctively un-child friendly look to the PNSO Dinosaurs that I quite like, they seem squarely aimed at the collector and are not likely to appear in the toy dept. They also seem more feral and unpolished, for want of better term, which is a good thing in my eyes. More like actual animals than say something from the likes of Schleich or Mojo (though Schleich have stepped up with their Spinosaurus this year). Compared to the other Dinosaur figures on my shelves the PNSO animals have quite a different aesthetic about them that draws the eye of a lot people who look at my collection.

Fingers crossed that these and the others mentioned recently in the PNSO schedule finally become available to order. Seems like we have been hearing about them for absolutely ages but unable to get our hands on them!
What about the Eofauna Giganotosaurus? Here are the first decent non-studio, non-saturated pictures about it on page 8: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7322.140

PhilSauria

Oh Yeah - the Eofauna, that's a given and to be ordered on sight! I was advised that it would be available late December here but that has come and gone, guess these became caught up in the festive season shipping traffic jam. Keeping a regular eye on local online retailer Mini Zoo for the 'coming soon' to change to a price tag.

I have been checking out every new image of this guy and nothing I've seen so far has changed my determination to see it looking down from a shelf in our house.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Jetdin on December 26, 2018, 11:06:34 AM
so basically the sauropod on the most right shelf ( what looks like a mamenchisaurus) is one thats never been released? is that possibly irma the 1:35 mamenchi? because like you stated their current '1:35' mamenchi is just too small for that scale

It really depends on which specimen you base it on! If based on the holotype, the China Post figure is pretty large, in fact, more like 1:30. Most specimens of M. constructus would be plausibly 1:30 or 1:35 if represented by this figure. There are larger species known from more fragmentary remains, which, yes, would need a larger figure to represent them at 1:35. I don't know enough about Mamenchisaurus to be sure which species this figure is supposed to be.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Sincerely the PNSO giganotosaurus is very beautiful, we honestly should not compare said giganotosaurus with that of other brands or that of other toy dinosaur companies.

Keep in mind that the PNSO dinosaur figures are figures made by the supervision of Zhao Chuang who is one of the best paleo artists in the world. Honestly, I like independently that I now have a preference for other companies, although it is still too risky to make assessments until we see more photographs of that figure or see it physically. A photograph misleads a lot you have to remember that the photographs of the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna shown by monsterhouse frustrated us at first and then it has been proven that the figure is equal or better than the prototype.

With regard to the PNSO giganotosaurus we should not judge with lightness sincerely it is an improvement with respect to tyrannosaurus and triceratops of the same brand.

Minmiminime

The Ophthalmosaurus is available on MHHK: http://www.monsterhousehk.com/products.asp?id=1756
There's no way I'm paying their stupidly inflated prices, but it makes me optimistic that they'll come to a less extortionate retailer in a couple of months ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

I second your sentiments in regard to the Opthalmosaurus and the optimistic, or should that be opportunistic pricing of Monster House (Monster Pricing more like!).

Who buys from them?, either the ignorant or the affluent is my best guess.

Like you I'll be playing the waiting game and trying to save the cash - so much to save for at the moment!

Shonisaurus

I have it very clear. I will not buy in this case the PNSO ophtalmosaurus in an eBay store I will wait for a retailer that offers a more moderate price or a retailer, I hope that everythingdinosaurs, minizoo or another retail company sells it otherwise I would prefer to save in other figures. The price that monsterhouse has put is excessive.

Although it is still not in my plans to buy the PNSO ophtalmosaurus I hope that Acro-man will sell it at a more affordable price.

Syndicate Bias

Should I expect the giga to be at least 100 quid?

RobinGoodfellow

stargatedalek

I don't understand why they are so incredibly expensive on AliExpress. Normally they have great deals, even on the legitimate items.

PhilSauria

Thanks for the links Robin!

One of the Ali prices may just be do-able for me in regard to the marine reptile. That Ceratosarus at 58cm is gonna be one helluva big piece to see on display but there's no way it's going to balance on one foot as shown! You'd need a rod or a base, neither of which seem to be part of the package.

If it stands then I'll take my hat off to their sculpting / engineering!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 13, 2019, 09:21:20 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 13, 2019, 12:36:26 AM
New PNSO on Aliexpress (pre-sale):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Presale-PNSO-Ancient-Marine-Llife-Ichthyosauria-Archetype-Ceratosaurus-32cm-1-35/32967999312.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.54.61954a2e0AGcuu&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_454_10083_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536_10843_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_1,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=994b7d42-409c-4e63-8e60-be44d621dd34-8&algo_pvid=994b7d42-409c-4e63-8e60-be44d621dd34

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PNSO-48-CM-Length-Ancient-Animal-Model-Ophthalmosaurus-Classic-Toys-For-Children-Boys-Sea-life-Age/32968126702.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.127.1a417212nADUSl&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_317_10696_10084_453_454_10083_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536_10843_10059_10884_10887_100031_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_1,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=913afb02-80f2-4cfc-9783-8c9d2e9303f7-19&algo_pvid=913afb02-80f2-4cfc-9783-8c9d2e9303f7

I have tried to order the Ophtalmosaurus from AliExpress. But I can click the "Buy Now" or "Add to Cart" buttons as often as I want, nothing gets into the cart.
This was the first and last time I tried to use this page. AliExpress sucks!! I'll wait for acro-man.

Sorry to hear about that.
I never experienced troubles in ordering from AliExpress.
I'm using AliExpress App for iOs and it works fine.
Moreover there are further little discounts by buying through App..
:)

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 13, 2019, 09:31:39 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 13, 2019, 09:21:20 AM

I have tried to order the Ophtalmosaurus from AliExpress. But I can click the "Buy Now" or "Add to Cart" buttons as often as I want, nothing gets into the cart.
This was the first and last time I tried to use this page. AliExpress sucks!! I'll wait for acro-man.

Sorry to hear about that.
I never experienced troubles in ordering from AliExpress.
I'm using AliExpress App for iOs and it works fine.
Moreover there are further little discounts by buying through App.
:)

I'm not using apps and I don't want to.
They can stuff their 3$ discount up their ....., I mean wherever they want to.

RobinGoodfellow

.. no need to be angry; I was just trying to help..  :-[

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 13, 2019, 09:53:36 AM

.. no need to be angry; I was just trying to help..  :-[

There's certainly no anger against you, Robin.
I'm sorry if I sounded like that :-[ .

ceratopsian

I am not even thinking about whether I would like the Ceratosaurus until I know how on earth it stays upright!  It will be quite heavy, given its size. Plenty of scope for warping the legs!

Joey

You could also order the Opthalmosaurus on Amazon for the standard price of 59.99 US dollars.

Joey

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 13, 2019, 12:52:33 PM
I am not even thinking about whether I would like the Ceratosaurus until I know how on earth it stays upright!  It will be quite heavy, given its size. Plenty of scope for warping the legs!
The Ceratosaurus has a pile of rocks that it stands on, similar to Rebor's King T. Rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: