News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

That Amazon listing comes to $147 Australian!! Don't PNSO want people to buy their product or is PNSO only for high-income collectors now? The Sideshow Collectables buyers.

Not a happy collector today.

That puts an end to my plan to pick up all of the new Spinosaurus figures released this year.

Syndicate Bias

Well I spoke to ED and they said that they will announce a few things shortly about PNSO and said that the Giganotosaurus was coming but two other unreleased figures have taken priority currently.

They said they know everything that's going on at PNSO so we shall see what they will post

danmalcolm

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 03, 2019, 05:14:02 PM
Yeee you're right  :) no point in overthinking it.

Baidu is being spammed with dozens of pictures of the Spinosaurus. I think at this point I've got a pretty good idea of how it scales up with most dinos judging from that one comparison someone did with it and a rebor t rex and Wilson and the vitae giga. If the angles aren't weird and the pics are correct then that is one massive model

Can you post a link please??

Syndicate Bias

danmalcolm

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. That thing is enormous. I love it.

Shonisaurus

The PNSO spinosaurus is beautiful and huge. I am glad that they have commercialized this figure, mine is already on the way to Amazon. I hope it will arrive on April 12, at that time I will be on vacation until April 31 and my computer will not be operational. I get the impression that I will accumulate several dinosaurs in the concierge of my house.  ::)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 04, 2019, 12:14:46 AM
That Amazon listing comes to $147 Australian!! Don't PNSO want people to buy their product or is PNSO only for high-income collectors now? The Sideshow Collectables buyers.

That puts an end to my plan to pick up all of the new Spinosaurus figures released this year.

..to be honest, I think that 75USD + 10USD (shipping) is a right price for a 18,5" (47cm) solid and high detailed/quality PVC figure with a base.
Colossal "Nick" The Ceratosaurus at 69,99USD + shipping is a real bargain.
I'm thinking about size and quality.
For sure a final price around 90USD can't be called "inexpensive" in general.
But if you compare PNSOs with smaller REBORs .. (I think it's better if I stop my phrase now)...  ;)
Not to mention SIDESHOWs.  ::)

:)

Syndicate Bias

I wouldn't say high income. More like some of us are lucky to live in places where collecting dinosaurs is trivial compared to others. I didn't think Australia was that bad when it came to shipping things over there I can already see why people say it's a nightmare to be a collector down there

PhilSauria

Robin, I can see your point but I guess it's relative too, in my case I have never been able to afford any of the so-called high-end brands and have largely been a collector of the more affordable (to me) brands like your Safari, CollectA etc so some of the pricing has had me stopped in my tracks. There's also the matter of shipping, which seems to cost more each year to get something from just about anywhere to here and that's provided the retailer will send it over.

I am not a fan of Amazon US - they open a branch in Australia stocked with a fraction of the selection that the parent company has available and list what they do have for nearly twice the price then won't ship from the US Amazon to Australia if you try for the better price there, even allowing for the currency conversion.

So between shipping costs and sourcing issues I don't know if I'm persistent or masochistic to keep trying to collect these figures!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on April 04, 2019, 12:14:46 AM

I understand your decision PhilSauria, regarding the non-purchase of the spinosaurus of PNSO for economic reasons, true that is the spinosaurus a figure very well finished and even better than many figures of other companies, but the pocket hurts us all and I understand that it decides I do not buy it for economic reasons, I'm honestly a fan of dinosaurs and for now I can afford to buy some dinosaur figures of various brands leading a very austere life and sacrificing a lot. It also plays in my favor that I'm single and without family, but honestly there are other priorities more important in the life of a person than collecting and in my case for example I like very much the PNSO ceratosaurus and is a very great figure of collecting but For economic reasons and above all for space, I will never buy it. I understand your position PhilSauria.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 04, 2019, 07:37:18 AM
The PNSO spinosaurus is beautiful and huge. I am glad that they have commercialized this figure, mine is already on the way to Amazon. I hope it will arrive on April 12, at that time I will be on vacation until April 31 and my computer will not be operational. I get the impression that I will accumulate several dinosaurs in the concierge of my house.  ::)

I'm just glad I'll get this one in the post soon. It's getting ready to ship to me today.  Hopefully this weekend I'll have it by then.

I sometimes stare at the Amargasaurus on my shelf and remind myself about a little while back when PNSO went down and I never thought we'd ever get our hands on any of the PNSO models. For me it was mostly the Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus. Nevertheless it's quite the thrill to see them on my shelf and not in pictures of what could've been like before  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 04, 2019, 08:42:52 AM
I wouldn't say high income. More like some of us are lucky to live in places where collecting dinosaurs is trivial compared to others. I didn't think Australia was that bad when it came to shipping things over there I can already see why people say it's a nightmare to be a collector down there

..I live in a Country where import duties are 22% (based on item price + shipping) + fixed Customs fee..  :(
Final price for PNSO Spinosaurus will be 114USD for me (101Euro /160AUD/87£) ..  >:(

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 04, 2019, 08:57:42 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 04, 2019, 07:37:18 AM

I'm just glad I'll get this one in the post soon. It's getting ready to ship to me today.  Hopefully this weekend I'll have it by then.

I sometimes stare at the Amargasaurus on my shelf and remind myself about a little while back when PNSO went down and I never thought we'd ever get our hands on any of the PNSO models. For me it was mostly the Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus and Amargasaurus. Nevertheless it's quite the thrill to see them on my shelf and not in pictures of what could've been like before  ^-^

I also think the same as you. It has been a dream come true, in short what PNSO is a story with a happy ending. I thought that PNSO was going to run the same fate as the Battat dinosaurs and fortunately I was wrong.  :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 04, 2019, 09:01:42 AM

..I live in a Country where import duties are 22% (based on item price + shipping) + fixed Customs fee..  :(

In my country the customs inspection service is getting harder and harder with products that do not belong to other nations that do not belong to the European Union. For example, I bought the Play Visions version of the Smilodon for less than 50 euros but since I came from the US the customs service imposed a tax rate of 28.28 euros and if I had not paid I would have been withheld and within fifteen working days it would have returned to the eBay seller.

They told me in www.correos.es that now customs impose tariffs on any product that is not from the EU, whatever the cost and sometimes they demand taxes and at other times they turn a blind eye, that is, the customs service imposes taxes on the product at your free will. You do not know what to attend to shipments from abroad, but if the tax agency imposes it, you have to comply with the regulations in my case. I am worried because I have made several purchases on eBay and Amazon of Chinese PNSO dinosaurs, among which is the spinosaurus and the vinyl triceratops of PNSO, and I do not know how the tax agency will react, depending on how I give them.

Sometimes it makes you want not to buy collectors' figures outside the European Union or other products. :(

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 04, 2019, 09:14:18 AM

In my country the customs inspection service is getting harder and harder with products that do not belong to other nations that do not belong to the European Union. For example, I bought the Play Visions version of the Smilodon for less than 50 euros but since I came from the US the customs service imposed a tax rate of 28.28 euros and if I had not paid I would have been withheld and within fifteen working days it would have returned to the eBay seller.

They told me in www.correos.es that now customs impose tariffs on any product that is not from the EU, whatever the cost and sometimes they demand taxes and at other times they turn a blind eye, that is, the customs service imposes taxes on the product at your free will. You do not know what to attend to shipments from abroad, but if the tax agency imposes it, you have to comply with the regulations in my case. I am worried because I have made several purchases on eBay and Amazon of Chinese PNSO dinosaurs, among which is the spinosaurus and the vinyl triceratops of PNSO, and I do not know how the tax agency will react, depending on how I give them.

Sometimes it makes you want not to buy collectors' figures outside the European Union or other products. :(

..unfortunately I know very well what you're talking about..  :-[

I'm seeing that Customs duties in Spain are quite similar to Italy:

https://spainbox.com/mailboxes/duty-and-taxes-to-import-to-spain-from-outside-european-union

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 04, 2019, 09:26:30 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 04, 2019, 09:14:18 AM

..unfortunately I know very well what you're talking about..  :-[

I'm seeing that Customs duties in Spain are quite similar to Italy:

https://spainbox.com/mailboxes/duty-and-taxes-to-import-to-spain-from-outside-european-union

I see that unfortunately what happens in my nation is not an exceptional or isolated case. It is happening in all the countries of the world, which I do not understand that impose tax rates for plastic products even if they are figures of vintage collecting for example, as those other people who buy online. We are not committing almost all online buyers any crime, nor buy luxury items (such as jewelry, contraband material) it seems to me that the customs service worldwide is not working unfortunately well.  :-\

Killekor

Thanks for the informations about customs to everyone. That's really a terrible situation.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

KeU

Great comparison pics.
We're gonna need a bigger Rex from PNSO.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 03, 2019, 09:33:30 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 03, 2019, 06:06:35 PM
The hand looks to me like the proximal phalanges of digits II-III are webbed or syndactylous, in both the figure and the painting. That seems pretty reasonable to me, it would be useful for paddling and might also strengthen the manus for weight-bearing. But I don't know anything about theropods.

That makes sense, especially if it's weight bearing (given the standing pose), but then still makes those digits look really weirdly long.

Hmm, you might be right. I'll take some measurements when mine arrives and see how it compares with known spinosaurid manus remains. My impression is that there aren't very many.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

danmalcolm

For some reason linking photos isn't working for me, but here's one of the spino next to a half-meter ruler. This thing is a monster. A beautiful monster.

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=pnso&flux=1&tid=6087748199&pic_id=f7246b600c338744415b88085f0fd9f9d72aa02c&pn=1&see_lz=1&red_tag=g3092813699#!/pidb464683c269759eea376c6bfbcfb43166c22dfc4/pn1

And here it is compared to the sideshow spino:

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=pnso&tid=6090531348#!/pid68b41135349b033b5faf86a21bce36d3d439bdc6/pn1

What do people with paleo knowledge think of the leg proportions? They seem reduced, but less reduced than other reconstructions (collectA, etc.), and I'm almost certain they're relatively longer than in the 2014 paper.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: