News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

They seem to be releasing the Dinosaur figures in predator-prey pairs.
Like Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops, Giganotosaurus and Amargasaurus, Spinosaurus with Onchopristis.
If the Stegosaurus comes with a Torvosaurus, I will be over the moon.

Essien came in the mail for me today.
Taking pictures now.
Will be uploading them shortly.

Renecito

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on April 06, 2019, 08:29:06 PM

So I ordered this guy on April 2nd from Amazon, and he already got here! I'm absolutely blown away how quickly he arrived. He's absolutely massive, and absolutely gorgeous.

The only flaw I can see is that there's some pink paint right behind his lower jaw on one side, but you can't see it if his mouth is open. The base he's on is super neat and I love the sad, floppy Onchopristis he's got.

Wow that picture really sold me, it looks perfect with the mouth closed, simply the best spinosarus figure ever!!!
Thx for the pictures!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

Quote from: KeU on April 09, 2019, 01:31:48 AM
Like Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops, Giganotosaurus and Amargasaurus, Spinosaurus with Onchopristis.

Amargasaurus lived early than Giganotosaurus. A better sauropod contemporary for it would be Andesaurus or Limaysaurus. Other than that, your observation is pretty sound.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

KeU

Quote from: suspsy on April 09, 2019, 02:00:36 AM
Quote from: KeU on April 09, 2019, 01:31:48 AM
Amargasaurus lived early than Giganotosaurus. A better sauropod contemporary for it would be Andesaurus or Limaysaurus. Other than that, your observation is pretty sound.
Thank you for the correction. But you get the idea.
Andesaurus or Limaysaurus would be nice, especially since they are larger Sauropods to display alongside Lucas.

In other news, Essien photos are up!

More photos in my collection thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg229675#msg229675
And some comparison photos here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4081.msg229677#msg229677

ITdactyl

Maybe it's just me, but those meme ribs do make the figure look too gaunt.

Fenestra

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 09, 2019, 06:50:23 AM
Maybe it's just me, but those meme ribs do make the figure look too gaunt.

No, it's not just you.
In my eyes the poor thing looks emaciated too.
I'm glad it finally caught something to eat.  ^-^

Shonisaurus

I received the PNSO spinosaurus yesterday just when I got the order from urzeitshop.de and I can affirm that the figure looks like resin even the base with the onchopristis fish. What I see this PNSO spinosaurus is that it is a pretty thin figure maybe it needs to eat a lot of onchopristis (it's an innocent joke). Now seriously he is honestly a great figure and his painting is implementable. It comes with a bilingual English-Chinese book and it came to me from Amazon surprisingly yesterday when I bought that figure on April 2. At a record time. I recommend buying it from Amazon, it's cheaper than on eBay, in this case, these types of figures.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Andreioli on April 08, 2019, 06:08:33 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 08, 2019, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 08, 2019, 05:38:58 PM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 07, 2019, 10:40:05 AM

Well that's interesting! I'm not really in the market for a new Allosaurus, but if that's a Barosaurus in the center it's a must-have.

I have reason to believe these 3 are the reason the Giganotosaurus has been pushed back. If so then I hope it's the next one. I wouldn't mind having this one

All these sauropods PNSO keeps releasing give me hope that someday they will release an Argentinosaurus hopefully

I don't think this is PNSO.
Look: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-35-Omeisaurus-VS-Szechuanosaurus-Statue-Dinosaur-Figure-Collector-Unpainted/254192684871?hash=item3b2f108f47:g:-34AAOSw9Clcqrs8

Ah, that's a pity. Maybe one day. Omeisaurus does seem to be right in PNSO's wheelhouse.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Toasaurus

I seem to be having a problem with amazon i tried to order the spinosaurus 3 times the my payment method was declined 3 diffrent time then i trues to reprder it a 4th time it was automatically declines its the same payment method i use and i have the right amounf so i talked to customer service and they said since pnso is a third party seller there automatically declining the payment cause they believe there out of stock so some one frome customer service sent out a messsage to pnso to see what happend and if they chould put one aside still the 24th and have expidited shipping to no extra cost in that message and when i get that message ill share it with you guys idk how good pnso is with customer service please let me know cause i was really looking forward to that spino in the mean time i just ordered the papo allo and collecta carno from ED

Die_Maulquappe

Nice new Spinosaurus.

I just bought the new PNSO Ceratosaurus^^

And a dream came true :)

I ebayed the Sideshow King T.rex  &  Apatosaurus (the colorful one)
both cheeper than the release price plus tax /shipping from USA too Europe.

I will post them when they arrive :D
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Dino Scream3232

Well he's finally here and he is fantastic. He's a big model and well worth the price. Here's the full video review with lots of comparisons to other models and a few pics. https://youtu.be/Lxi3xjVY39U

KeU

So back to the conversation on using a clear plastic rod to prevent Wilson from leaning over.
Noticed that some folks are using a twig to use as support instead.
That might be a better solution.
Looks more natural and it's free.
Just pick and choose from your backyard.

Die_Maulquappe

I won´t resell it.
I just use superglue on the footsteps.
Now he stands like a rock...
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

BRONSON

Well I dont think I will ever be buying any PNSO figure, they should be done for mis-selling, most figures I see of theirs look stunning of them on the photograph on the box of the model, then the model inside isn't a patch on box photo, yes they are not bad, but I want whats on the box and advertised thankyou,
take the Ceratosaurus,
here is a photo from the box, lovely detail, vibrant colours, yup with a decent pose I would buy this,

But in reality your getting this, duller looking model which is ok but not the quality of whats on the box, at least with REBOR you get inside what is on the outside,

Here's another example, I would certainly buy this Spinosaur from the photograph of the model on the box (and it is a photograph, not artwork), I have seen better larger pics of the box but cannot find them online, there is far much more detail and colour to the model on the box, than whats inside, its really noticable on the sail.

Then in reality you get this, its ok but not a patch on whats on the box outside,

Do any of their other models have this feature of you not getting whats advertised, if it was a car and you bought it because you wanted a certain colour, leather seats, cruise control etc and got something else there would be hell to pay.

Syndicate Bias

Papo is almost the same as well though. Very rarely does a company ever produce quality like that when mass produced.

The only ones that are the same as pictures are some papos and Rebor and W Dragon and Nanmu.

I think even Damntoys has issues too with paint apps. The way I see it though is that alot of the PNSO figures I have are getting repainted anyways to match their original colours so it's no biggie for me but I understand where you're coming from.

On a side note I have two rebor Acrocanthosaurus and one is more yellow than the other. I'll take pictures but I think R @Reptilia brought up this issue with papos but I noticed rebor had it too but on a much less noticeable scale

mgaguilar

avatar_BRONSON @BRONSON I agree with S @Syndicate Bias. It's just marketing/advertising. They're using the sharpening/clarity tool in photoshop as well as a touch of increase in saturation to make the promo pics look better. PNSO is actually not so bad, given that you know that the item inside may look different, but is still guaranteed to be an absolute stunner in aesthetic and quality. Plus, that's what reviews are for. To see the product live in hand. I think I-Toy is the one that should be getting reprimanded for their promo photos. They use the dark background to hide many of the flaws in their models, which they learned from when they released V2 of their Doe Tyrannosaurus.

Also, no offense to Andy (I've followed him since he had only like 30 followers), but his thumbnail images are always washed out due to the flash of his camera. Definitely impacts the look of the figure.

BRONSON

Cheers guys, I can understand that a handmade prototype will possibly be better, but to then have that prototype model advertised on the outside of the box when it is finally released does not seem right to me, I am new to all these different makes of models though and inexperienced on how they all do business in this field of collecting, and what is classed as acceptable, I am not dissing PNSO exclusively, I just happened to notice in several places the model next to the box and how different they were, its like a model have photoshop for a smaller bum and bigger boobs, it aint right in my old eyes.
Part of it is probably just me, I am a lot OCD, I have a military weapon museum and everything in there is near mint and looks like it never saw much of world war two, and I wont buy anything thats well worn or damaged.

RobinGoodfellow

About PNSO Spinosaurus, Bokisaurus took pictures more close to reality:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6440.msg229734#msg229734

About PNSO Ceratosaurus, the real one is just a little bit less saturated than that:

(portrayed with natural sunlight)

Hope it helps..

BRONSON

Yeah that looks a little better, people would still buy them if they actually put pictures of the model inside on the box, the models are good, just not whats being advertised.

Silvanusaurus

Its like the difference between the saturated, hearty appearance of a burger in a popular fast food restaurant advertisement, and the flaccid, anemic thing you actually get served.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: