News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on September 06, 2016, 11:45:59 AM

the best of Schleich looks pitiful beside any of the PNSOs. just imagine if PNSO would also make extant animal figures.

They do make extant animal figures! They call them "Yiniao," but they are printed with "PNSO 2015" on the bellies. They are similar in quality to Schleich, but less expensive. They included a few as lagniappes when I ordered the sauropods. The cheetah is a little too burly, like a leopard in a cheetah suit, but the rest are very nice. What's funny is they are more or less standard size, neither miniatures nor giants.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KA5IWEA

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

I just ponied up for the Archaeopteryx, Confuciusornis, Glyphoderma, Nyctosaurus, and Proceratosaurus (the Proceratosaurus looks to be juuuust about 1:40).

Some observations: There is almost no overlap in taxon choices between the large figures and the minis. I think only Tyrannosaurus shows up in both series.

PNSO went from unheard of to 24 miniatures + 9 giant figures in one year. If they keep up that kind of output, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Probably helps to have the designers in the same country as the manufacturing.

I love that the selection is relatively light on theropods. The miniatures include 5 stegosaurs!

Also, I notice the Chungkingosaurus is the same price as the Huanghetitan, which is by far the largest figure of the original 6. If it's the same size as the Huanghetitan, it'll be around 1:5 scale, which is just insane. But then again, maybe it's only priced so high because it's brand new.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 06, 2016, 06:31:45 PM
I just ponied up for the Archaeopteryx, Confuciusornis, Glyphoderma, Nyctosaurus, and Proceratosaurus (the Proceratosaurus looks to be juuuust about 1:40).

Some observations: There is almost no overlap in taxon choices between the large figures and the minis. I think only Tyrannosaurus shows up in both series.

PNSO went from unheard of to 24 miniatures + 9 giant figures in one year. If they keep up that kind of output, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Probably helps to have the designers in the same country as the manufacturing.

I love that the selection is relatively light on theropods. The miniatures include 5 stegosaurs!

Also, I notice the Chungkingosaurus is the same price as the Huanghetitan, which is by far the largest figure of the original 6. If it's the same size as the Huanghetitan, it'll be around 1:5 scale, which is just insane. But then again, maybe it's only priced so high because it's brand new.
The Chungkingosaurus should be shorter than Huanghetitan by around 7", but this is according to the Amazon measurements provided.

terrorchicken

oh my poor wallet cant take it no more!  :'(
how come some of the minis look like babies and some dont?

also need that hyena figure!

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 06, 2016, 06:26:06 PM
Quote from: sauroid on September 06, 2016, 11:45:59 AM

the best of Schleich looks pitiful beside any of the PNSOs. just imagine if PNSO would also make extant animal figures.

They do make extant animal figures! They call them "Yiniao," but they are printed with "PNSO 2015" on the bellies. They are similar in quality to Schleich, but less expensive. They included a few as lagniappes when I ordered the sauropods. The cheetah is a little too burly, like a leopard in a cheetah suit, but the rest are very nice. What's funny is they are more or less standard size, neither miniatures nor giants.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KA5IWEA
thanks for the link. yes, ive seen those figures before in an fb group for extant animal figures, although according to one member who owns some of them theyre smaller than the major brands. which is too bad because they are great looking figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 06, 2016, 06:31:45 PM

Some observations: .....

That hits the nail on the head as to why their selection is especially exciting for me too.  I certainly buy some theropods - but it's such a welcome change to find a line that produces plenty of non-theropods!  I haven't hit the "buy" button yet, still trying to decide!

tyrantqueen

Ooooh wow. I may need to pick up the Nyctosaurus, Confuciusornis and Archaeopteryx. Where can I get them as a UK buyer?

darth daniel

PNSO offers these posters for sale (LINK), I hope they will release a Mamenchisaurus figure similar to the ones on the poster in the future. A Shunosaurus would also be awesome...

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 06, 2016, 08:24:02 PM
Ooooh wow. I may need to pick up the Nyctosaurus, Confuciusornis and Archaeopteryx. Where can I get them as a UK buyer?

Can´t you buy from Amazon.com? I live in Austria so usually shop with Amazon Germany, but had no problem ordering from Amazon.com

Silvanusaurus

That Basilosaurus is an absolute dream boat. Might have to start saving... or put it on the Christmas list...

MLMjp

I should have payed more attention to this threat, because I am seeing some really cool stuff here!

I really like the look of some of those minis and that Megalodon is AWESOME. And now they sell on Amazon!!!

The best part is that the big figures are not as expensive as I saw on previous websites. I gave up on trying to get the Shantungosaurus because the price was prohibitive, but now I can see me getting one some day! Also, I´m glad that the minis and the babies are sold separately, because I don't want to buy a whole set just to get one or two minifigures.  ^-^

tyrantqueen

QuotePNSO offers these posters for sale (LINK), I hope they will release a Mamenchisaurus figure similar to the ones on the poster in the future. A Shunosaurus would also be awesome...

I know that art style...it appeared in a Chinese dinosaur book I own.

A Pictorial Guide to Paleontology: Prehistoric Aquatic Reptiles: Skeletal and Life Reconstructions of Some Mesozoic Aquatic Reptiles is the full name of the book.

Rain

Weren't the Basilosaurus and Megladon shown at an earlier exhibit(Which Acro Man shared with us)? I guess we can expect the able to purchase the other models later on as well.

Sim

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 06, 2016, 06:58:28 PM
how come some of the minis look like babies and some dont?

The ones that look like babies were originally part of this set: http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/05/05/six-little-dinosaurs-tyrannosaurus-mamenchisaurus-amargasaurus-ankylosaurus-spinosaurus-triceratops-pnso/  It's weird they are now included without any distinction in a line of mini figures where all the others appear to represent adults.

Takama

WOW those minis are very tempting.   and with the amount of species to choose from, they could be the new CollectA

Paleogene Pals

Wow! I am glad that the PNSO dinos are on Amazon. I do have a question on the new ones, however. What scale is the Basilosaurus? The meg is not 1:20, but I think the Chunkingosaurus is though (based on a quick calculation.) The length of the Basilosaurus is given as 20 inches on Amazon, but the model does curve a bit. Using the low of its estimated length, a 1:20 Basilosaurus would be around 29 to 30 inches.  I don't think it is long enough to be 1:20. But, I really, really like that Basilosaurus! PNSO, here is my retirement fund...take it!

Paleogene Pals

I just ordered the Mandschuosaurus through Amazon. I was wrong about the Chunkingosaurus, however. In my excitement, I thought the model was 10 inches when it is actually 20 inches. The Chunkingosaurus model is not 1:20 scale, my apologies.

tanystropheus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 06, 2016, 10:43:22 AM
Apparently they come with boxes now, yay. FYI, PNSO made aa whole bunch more mini dinosaurs for their line. Safari and CollectA is gonna face some REAL competition if they get released out of China.

PNSO is quickly escalating in my list. Too bad I don't have funds. I hope none of their models on Amazon are limited.
These 3 models are a HUGE improvement over the first set, and that first set was amazing to begin with.
BASILOSAURUS!
I finally bought ONE PNSO. The Nyctosaurus. :)

Mod edit: please refrain from quoting multiple images at a time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: