News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

I want to be excited about the idea of a PNSO Yutyrannus, but if previous designs are anything to go by, it would end up with uncovered teeth. I know, technically that's an ongoing "debate", but personally I've just gotten so I don't like the look at all.

Martwad

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 18, 2020, 05:29:18 PM
Aah yes, the mighty Torvosaurus, oh slayer of turtles!

I get it's a product they want to hype but yikes, we know it was a semi-aquatic predator that fed on freshwater turtles (and not abnormally large ones at that), hardly some Jurassic super-predator.

Are you sure you are discussing the right creature?  All I'm seeing is the belief that it was the ultimate apex predator.  The only controversy I'm seeing, is the same that goes for T-Rex, in that some believe it was scavenger, and large enough to drive off any other predators.

I can't find anything relating it to an aquatic predator.

suspsy

I'm way more excited at the prospect of a Jurassic ankylosaur than I am about Torvosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Looking at the PNSO Yutyrannus's lower jaw on the previous page, it appears to have lips.  It has a horribly shrink-wrapped antorbital fenestra though.

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias For what it looks like it will be an embryo of torvosaurus. So they won't make an adult torvosaurus?  :(

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2020, 03:33:58 PM
S @Syndicate Bias For what it looks like it will be an embryo of torvosaurus. So they won't make an adult torvosaurus?  :(
I think it unlikely that they will make an embryo. I think it will be an adult. There was also a part of an adult shown on Facebook.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 19, 2020, 03:47:20 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2020, 03:33:58 PM
I think it unlikely that they will make an embryo. I think it will be an adult. There was also a part of an adult shown on Facebook.
I hope it is so. I would love to have an adult PNSO torvosaurus to accompany your Collecta counterpart

Concavenator

I like the idea of a PNSO Torvosaurus. But I hope the ankylosaur will not be included, as it will surely increase the price and I don't really care for ankylosaurs too much. If it's in their 1:35 Museum Line, it will probably be pricey, but if I like it (and based on the image PNSO showed of the Torvo alone, I do indeed  :P ) and it's not too expensive I might consider it anyways.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on February 19, 2020, 08:24:14 PM
I like the idea of a PNSO Torvosaurus. But I hope the ankylosaur will not be included, as it will surely increase the price and I don't really care for ankylosaurs too much. If it's in their 1:35 Museum Line, it will probably be pricey, but if I like it (and based on the image PNSO showed of the Torvo alone, I do indeed  :P ) and it's not too expensive I might consider it anyways.
Well, there's hope, even there. For instance, there was no way that I was going to buy Wilson, Doyle, the Mamensch, and the Chunkingosaurus/ Yangchuanosaurus combo, for example, at the staggering eBay rates in effect during 2019. Then, towards year end, the prices for these on Aliexpress plummeted to around $30-45, half or less than the eBay numbers. Free shipping too. I went fishing and came up with an unexpected catch. The same may happen again.

Concavenator

Quote from: SidB on February 20, 2020, 12:23:48 AM
Well, there's hope, even there. For instance, there was no way that I was going to buy Wilson, Doyle, the Mamensch, and the Chunkingosaurus/ Yangchuanosaurus combo, for example, at the staggering eBay rates in effect during 2019. Then, towards year end, the prices for these on Aliexpress plummeted to around $30-45, half or less than the eBay numbers. Free shipping too. I went fishing and came up with an unexpected catch. The same may happen again.

Wow, you're right, I forgot that PNSO figures are noticeably more affordable on Aliexpress than in any other site!

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on February 20, 2020, 10:35:18 AM

Wow, you're right, I forgot that PNSO figures are noticeably more affordable on Aliexpress than in any other site!
Yes, at most times, though caution seems to be in order. Yesterday, perusing the offerings, I noticed that the prices seemed to be in their up-cycle portion of the curve. It'll come down at some point, though, no doubt. Still a lot cheaper than eBay, where the $'s asked for were just crazy.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on February 20, 2020, 01:15:45 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 20, 2020, 10:35:18 AM

Yes, at most times, though caution seems to be in order. Yesterday, perusing the offerings, I noticed that the prices seemed to be in their up-cycle portion of the curve. It'll come down at some point, though, no doubt. Still a lot cheaper than eBay, where the $'s asked for were just crazy.

By the way, do dinosaur purchases from China apply tariff taxes? I am worried about buying products from China in the future since they can keep me in customs and impose tariff taxes, if PNSO continues to market them everythingdinosaur I will buy them there until 12/31/2020 from that date I will buy those products whenever they come by the global shipping system. I have not other.

I sincerely refuse to pay tariff or tax taxes to adptostals and to the post office sincerely I don't trust where that money goes.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 20, 2020, 01:25:21 PM
By the way, do dinosaur purchases from China apply tariff taxes? I am worried about buying products from China in the future since they can keep me in customs and impose tariff taxes, if PNSO continues to market them everythingdinosaur I will buy them there until 12/31/2020 from that date I will buy those products whenever they come by the global shipping system. I have not other.

I sincerely refuse to pay tariff or tax taxes to adptostals and to the post office sincerely I don't trust where that money goes.
Last year I bought 3 PNSO figures (amargasaurus, ankylosaurus and megalodon) directly from Aliexpress (My Online Toy Store seller) really cheap and no taxes paid. I collected the packages in my Correos office. By the way, NEVER EVER order the fastest shipment, never. Quick shipment goes directly to Customs, ALWAYS. Order always the standard shipment.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on February 20, 2020, 05:13:28 PM

Last year I bought 3 PNSO figures (amargasaurus, ankylosaurus and megalodon) directly from Aliexpress (My Online Toy Store seller) really cheap and no taxes paid. I collected the packages in my Correos office. By the way, NEVER EVER order the fastest shipment, never. Quick shipment goes directly to Customs, ALWAYS. Order always the standard shipment.

Thank you so much Duna for your answer. I already know what I have to do in the future thanks to you.

Ceratosaurus

I can confirm this also. I get all my PNSO figures from AliExpress. I've gotten them from a few different stores depending on price. All have come we'll packed and have arrived to my house in Canada in under 3 weeks. Have yet to pay any duties or taxes.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

terrorchicken

I still need to pick up the mid sized figures and the China post reissues. Whats the best Ali express stores to purchase these if you are from the USA? I know this one but they've run out of the mini yangchuanosaurus and tsintaosuarus and mid sized ankylosaurus and sinoceratops.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000154647434.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.107578abBA4I2O&algo_pvid=d47d235f-7ebe-4427-af75-6830c65a9d7d&algo_expid=d47d235f-7ebe-4427-af75-6830c65a9d7d-26&btsid=4a5bc092-c9dd-4d56-be0e-e50615a11446&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Checked the Giga's prices on Ali, seems about 10.00 cheaper is all.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh! Good to know with the shipping! Thanks a Lot.

Moreover i never had any issues with Aliexpress or Ordering from China in general. Takes longer, but thats okay. Feels a bit bad, because of the massive shipping around the World just for me, but yeah. Thats another Topic.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2020, 08:44:47 PM
Checked the Giga's prices on Ali, seems about 10.00 cheaper is all.
Ali prices are up now, but the PNSO Giga was one that never really came down when many of the others were discounted.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: