News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattyonyx

Thank you for watching them. Technical issues aside, I really enjoyed doing my research to understand those figures better.
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 30, 2021, 07:56:04 PM
Thank you avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx. (By the way, I have very much enjoyed watching your reviews this week.)

Quote from: Mattyonyx on January 30, 2021, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 30, 2021, 05:03:38 PM
avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx - do you happen to know which specimen, by any chance?

TMP 86.55.258

terrorchicken

Quote from: SRF on February 05, 2021, 02:12:16 PM
I felt pretty "special" seeing there was nothing in the compartment of the plastic tray where the parts of the stand should be. I will contact the seller, I still have to confirm that I received my models anyway. Interesting though that PNSO is responding that they can send extra stands, since I'm still planning on purchasing the Carnotaurus. But does that mean that you have to buy directly from them through Amazon to make that possible?

I would like to know this as well. I just got my two models from My Online Toy Store, spinosaurus and corythosaurus, both absolutely gorgeous. The spino stands but the corytho does not. They came well packed, though I haven't left them feedback yet.

SRF

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 07, 2021, 12:56:43 AM
Quote from: SRF on February 05, 2021, 02:12:16 PM
I felt pretty "special" seeing there was nothing in the compartment of the plastic tray where the parts of the stand should be. I will contact the seller, I still have to confirm that I received my models anyway. Interesting though that PNSO is responding that they can send extra stands, since I'm still planning on purchasing the Carnotaurus. But does that mean that you have to buy directly from them through Amazon to make that possible?

I would like to know this as well. I just got my two models from My Online Toy Store, spinosaurus and corythosaurus, both absolutely gorgeous. The spino stands but the corytho does not. They came well packed, though I haven't left them feedback yet.

Since I was already in contact with them, I've ordered the Carnotaurus at My Online Toy Store already. They have included an extra plastic stand for me. So I guess you could ask them to do the same with your next purchase.
But today, I'm just being father

terrorchicken

^yep thanks Ill do that. Ill definitely be getting more.
from that same online shop, anyone know if these are legit? Asking b/c I  know they do sell some bootleg stuff.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002137857995.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.71.6f181274B2xwmM

Carnoking

Both off and on topic, the PNSO stands allow you to pose your BotM Ceratopsians in rearing postures, so may try to get some extras for these guys as well!

ceratopsian

A.Garcia

Quote from: SRF on February 05, 2021, 12:49:43 PM
First the Ankylosaurus. Since I have the Safari Ltd Ankylosaurus I didn't feel I needed the PNSO Ankylosaurus. But since I like to display my Tyrannosaurs with animals from their own time and environment, I decided to get what I already felt is the best Ankylosaurus available to display together with my Winter Wilson. I still feel it is the best Ankylosaurus, but oh man the coloration on my Ankylosaurus is a bit of a let down. I know PNSO's end product doesn't always match the promotional images, but the colors are a lot more dull than I see on other in hand pictures and review videos on YouTube. I haven't been able to take and upload some pictures yet, but my Ankylosaurus seems to be a lot more greyish and dusty than on the images in the review on this website for instance. It's like the paintwork is unfinished, as if they forgot to put the lighter yellowish colors which are present on the underside of the model on the upperside. It makes the model a lot less lively.

I know this model was released back in 2019, so I wonder if this is just a quality control issue or that the quality of the paintwork tends to go downhill after the initial release?

I just noticed your comment about the Ankylosaurus. I got this figure recently and mine was also "chalky" in appearance. It looked like the paint wash used to accentuate the grooves between the scales/armor was over-applied. However, when I gently scraped at the greyish paint it seemed to come off without damaging the paint below it. I gradually scraped most of the armor surface on the back/sides/head, which revealed a much more nuanced and colorful paint job. It's hard to say how closely this matches other online photos (the stock photos still show darker areas with more contrast), but I'm happy with the result. You may want to experiment with scraping away the wash on (or even in between) the scales.

Also, I think it's a great figure and the large size fits nicely with its smaller relatives.

terrorchicken

I bought my PNSO anky last year and checked it yesterday. Its pale looking too but I thought that's how it was suppose to look.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: terrorchicken on February 11, 2021, 01:56:55 AM
I bought my PNSO anky last year and checked it yesterday. Its pale looking too but I thought that's how it was suppose to look.

It seems it is intentional, they're just talking about removing the wash or antiquing applied to the figure to give it a more vivid color. I prefer the wash look personally.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Duna

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 11, 2021, 08:51:34 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on February 11, 2021, 01:56:55 AM

It seems it is intentional, they're just talking about removing the wash or antiquing applied to the figure to give it a more vivid color. I prefer the wash look personally.
So do I. In fact, I think it's the best painted dinosaur of all the collection. It's the only one that looks totally real and natural.

SRF

Well removing the wash on the Ankylosaurus doesn't make the paintjob of the initial run magically appear on the figure of course. But I've should have known better, since after I received the model I found out that it is actually noted on AliExpress that the colors of this differs because PNSO apparantly moved their production to another factory.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33037190978.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5eba4c4duFJvWB the website will appear in Dutch it seems, but compare the photographs here with those in the review on the Dinotoyblog and the difference is quite obvious I think.

I do think the paintjob on the initial run was way better than it is on the model that is available right now.

Bread

Don't know if anyone has previously mentioned this, but PNSO's Spinosaurus with the updated tail reconstruction is now listed under Prime on Amazon, only 16 left as of now.

SRF

Today I received my Carnotaurus. Took just two weeks. So that's rather quick despite the Chinese New Year!

I must say I really like this model. The trio of PNSO theropods (Tyrannosaurus, Qianzhousaurus and the Carnotaurus) really display nice together.

I also received the extra plastic stand I've asked for since it I didn't receive one with my Qianzhousaurus. Unfortunately they've sent me one of the same size that comes with the Carnotaurus, which is actually a bit longer than the one that would fit the Qianzhousaurus. So now I have fitted the stand under the opened mouth of the Qianzhousaurus to give it some support.

Just a heads up to others who, just like me, weren't aware of the fact that with each model comes a different plastic stand.  :)

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2021, 05:31:38 PMsince it I didn't receive one with my Qianzhousaurus

avatar_SRF @SRF Wait, how is that possible? Where did you order it from? Did you buy a box-less version? If so, I could understand it, but I have seen unboxings and the plastic rod is indeed included within the box along the figure  ??? Could it be they forgot to add the stand in that particular copy?

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on February 20, 2021, 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2021, 05:31:38 PMsince it I didn't receive one with my Qianzhousaurus

avatar_SRF @SRF Wait, how is that possible? Where did you order it from? Did you buy a box-less version? If so, I could understand it, but I have seen unboxings and the plastic rod is indeed included within the box along the figure  ??? Could it be they forgot to add the stand in that particular copy?

Weird huh? I bought a boxed version from My Online Toy Store on AliExpress. The stand was missing within the box. When I contacted MOTS they immediately replied that they could include a stand with my next purchase.

SidB

Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2021, 05:31:38 PM
Today I received my Carnotaurus. Took just two weeks. So that's rather quick despite the Chinese New Year!

I must say I really like this model. The trio of PNSO theropods (Tyrannosaurus, Qianzhousaurus and the Carnotaurus) really display nice together.

I also received the extra plastic stand I've asked for since it I didn't receive one with my Qianzhousaurus. Unfortunately they've sent me one of the same size that comes with the Carnotaurus, which is actually a bit longer than the one that would fit the Qianzhousaurus. So now I have fitted the stand under the opened mouth of the Qianzhousaurus to give it some support.

Just a heads up to others who, just like me, weren't aware of the fact that with each model comes a different plastic stand.  :)
Yeah I recently noticed this myself with the stands of Winter Wilson and the Carno.

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2021, 06:14:11 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 20, 2021, 06:04:01 PM

Weird huh? I bought a boxed version from My Online Toy Store on AliExpress. The stand was missing within the box. When I contacted MOTS they immediately replied that they could include a stand with my next purchase.

Well... I'll just take your case as an exception and hope that it won't happen to me if I end up getting it  :P

Callophrys

If it helps, the upright for the Qianzhousaurus measures 43mm to the bottom of the cross-piece, so you could carefully cut it to the right length.

SRF

Quote from: Callophrys on February 20, 2021, 09:13:42 PM

If it helps, the upright for the Qianzhousaurus measures 43mm to the bottom of the cross-piece, so you could carefully cut it to the right length.

Thanks, I've measured about the same from the compartment in the box were the cross-piece should have been. I'm not really sure if cutting hard plastic will work though. For now my current solution is fine. The Qianzhousaurus stands better on it's own than the other two models do anyway.

Over9K

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: