News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"

Started by joossa, July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: Takama on February 06, 2017, 01:24:37 AM
Quote from: joossa on February 06, 2017, 12:53:44 AM
Release date is now April, 2017. The prototype was damaged pretty badly when it was being shipped to China for production. Took them a month to get back on track.

02/04/17:
QuoteFB User: when can we see the carno??
Rebor: The prototype was severely damaged during the shipping to China and it took us a whole month to get it fully repaired which is why it has been postponed. Fortunately everything is OK now and it will be released in April together with Spring Heeled Jack

KARMAS a Female Dog.     

Cute, but if you REALLY want to taunt them, just type the following acronym on their FB page: "PNSO"   >:D

Halichoeres

Man, that's rough, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Killekor

Poor carno! Now his name made by Rebor will change from "the Crimson King" to "the Crimson death"  >:D

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

MLMjp

Quote from: Takama on February 06, 2017, 01:24:37 AM
Quote from: joossa on February 06, 2017, 12:53:44 AM
Release date is now April, 2017. The prototype was damaged pretty badly when it was being shipped to China for production. Took them a month to get back on track.

02/04/17:
QuoteFB User: when can we see the carno??
Rebor: The prototype was severely damaged during the shipping to China and it took us a whole month to get it fully repaired which is why it has been postponed. Fortunately everything is OK now and it will be released in April together with Spring Heeled Jack

KARMAS a Female Dog.     

What is "KARMAS a Female dog" is supposed to mean??

BlueKrono

It's an English expression that avoids using a profane word. Think of another word for "female dog". If you still don't understand, the sentiment of it is: "what goes around comes around."
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 06, 2017, 11:23:56 AM
It's an English expression that avoids using a profane word. Think of another word for "female dog". If you still don't understand, the sentiment of it is: "what goes around comes around."

It is also a bad thing that the prototype has been damaged, but the remains remind me of paleoartic representations of a toy a little stale although it is still early to analyze.

On the other hand I do not understand why Rebor has the custom of putting rare names to its dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (in this case dimorphodon). It seems to me with all the respect that deserves me Rebor somewhat ridiculous. The truth is "that the sowing collects" the break of the prototype is like a karma by its bad behavior with the clients in the past ..

MLMjp

Ok I get it now, is a word that starts with b.....

Anyway....
Wheter you like their products or not. It is truly sad to see a dinosaur figure destroyed.

Derek.McManus

I wonder how an important sample like that was allowed to get damaged to such an extent it must have come quite a cropper hope it was insured!

Dobber

Maybe they should rename it Humpty  :P

I may not like their antics on FB and elsewhere but that does suck  :-\

@Simon very cheeky, Lol! I got a good laugh out of that.  :))

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

I want to think well, but can not it be a mere excuse to re-establish the commercialization of this figure? I hope it is not, or maybe that Rebor's sales are not being satisfactory. They could both be hopefully not so and that is wrong, but otherwise apart from bad luck with that prototype, they could have had another one of catch. I do not understand this company with all the respect for its followers and buyers among whom I am.  :-\

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 06, 2017, 07:54:21 PM
I want to think well, but can not it be a mere excuse to re-establish the commercialization of this figure? I hope it is not, or maybe that Rebor's sales are not being satisfactory. They could both be hopefully not so and that is wrong, but otherwise apart from bad luck with that prototype, they could have had another one of catch. I do not understand this company with all the respect for its followers and buyers among whom I am.  :-\

Rebor certainly are an enigma as far as I am concerned...Prehaps this is the model for a niche business in the 21st century?

Saurox

Sounds more like someone is guilty of schadenfreude .

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: utd7 on September 25, 2016, 08:51:48 AM
I was disappointed when the picture was complete but the additional ones they released has redeemed it slightly but am still not happy that it will be based on the Disney version.

At least it will be accurately scaled as they said it will be yutyrannus and ceratosaurus size. I agree totally with Victoria b that they should cut down on the teases and better explain their forthcoming plans rather than just occasionally replying to someone on Facebook about what's next. Anyway I am a sucker for carnotaurus and will definitely buy the Crimson King

One question, where can you see the Carnotaurus images that came later? Not the ones on the first page that are black and white, the others.

joossa

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on February 06, 2017, 09:49:39 PM
Quote from: utd7 on September 25, 2016, 08:51:48 AM
I was disappointed when the picture was complete but the additional ones they released has redeemed it slightly but am still not happy that it will be based on the Disney version.

At least it will be accurately scaled as they said it will be yutyrannus and ceratosaurus size. I agree totally with Victoria b that they should cut down on the teases and better explain their forthcoming plans rather than just occasionally replying to someone on Facebook about what's next. Anyway I am a sucker for carnotaurus and will definitely buy the Crimson King

One question, where can you see the Carnotaurus images that came later? Not the ones on the first page that are black and white, the others.

You mean the color images? They haven't been released yet.

Quote from: Derek.McManus on February 06, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
I wonder how an important sample like that was allowed to get damaged to such an extent it must have come quite a cropper hope it was insured!

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

It's a shame it broke, but based on that photo of it in pieces, I like it a bit better than I did before.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on February 07, 2017, 06:44:59 AM
It's a shame it broke, but based on that photo of it in pieces, I like it a bit better than I did before.

Ah, but unfortunately the final product won't come like that.  ;)

Reptilia

I think the perspective on the original black and white photos was kind of misleading, I'm pretty sure I will like it when the official colour pics will be revealed.

Derek.McManus

Joosa...that fed ex video is excellent! Well not for whoever the parcel belongs to obviously but it just shows what goes on!

stargatedalek

Probably four-five times now the postman has actually rang my bell and said something along the lines of "I'm supposed to leave this on your step but it looks super expensive so please take it inside." I'm not talking about dinosaurs here, this was my PC and (3D and non-3D) printers.

USPS not only knocks but makes me sign, Canada Post only ever knocks at the discretion of the delivery officer.

Shonisaurus

Is not that a Rebor joke?

Remember that they also did not tell us the truth as to the dunkleosteus. It can be a simple joke or mockery of Rebor. That company is somewhat peculiar in its way of behaving, so I do not discard anything. I can not believe that such a fudge has been committed with the prototype.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: