News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

I wouldn't really call that an argument, I wasn't upset or worked up over it. I don't think Takama was either, his capitalization was probably just used to emphasize a point. Either way though, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to offend you, Takama.

Faelrin

Am I the only one bothered by how terribly shrink wrapped those WIP animatronic or model dinosaurs are so far? I really hope they won't be that way in the film. Wonder if it's because it's not SWS working on them this time, although even the SWS theropods had slightly visible fenestra, but thankfully not to that extant of the ones in those new images. Though of course, I realize this franchise has never really cared much for accuracy, and they don't seem to care to do so anytime soon. Still, I can't say I find them appealing as of now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Takama

Quote from: Rain on April 23, 2017, 03:15:20 PM
I wouldn't really call that an argument, I wasn't upset or worked up over it. I don't think Takama was either, his capitalization was probably just used to emphasize a point. Either way though, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to offend you, Takama.

I have a habit of cpaitalizing things too often, Im not offended,

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on April 24, 2017, 01:08:51 AM
Am I the only one bothered by how terribly shrink wrapped those WIP animatronic or model dinosaurs are so far? I really hope they won't be that way in the film. Wonder if it's because it's not SWS working on them this time, although even the SWS theropods had slightly visible fenestra, but thankfully not to that extant of the ones in those new images. Though of course, I realize this franchise has never really cared much for accuracy, and they don't seem to care to do so anytime soon. Still, I can't say I find them appealing as of now.

You're not alone, I think it looks pretty horrible, but honestly my expectations for this film are at rock bottom already.

yankeetrex

I understand why you guys care about shrink wrapping, but in all 4 movies most every dinosaur had a problem with shrink wrapping.  Did you honestly expect anything different? We will get JP style dinosaurs always, it wont just magically change.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I wonder if they will find an island with real, accurate dinosaurs. I hope that they do!

Rain

Quote from: yankeetrex on April 24, 2017, 04:16:57 PM
I understand why you guys care about shrink wrapping, but in all 4 movies most every dinosaur had a problem with shrink wrapping.  Did you honestly expect anything different? We will get JP style dinosaurs always, it wont just magically change.

Agreed, if you come to JP expecting accuracy you're just being absurd, regardless of whether or not they actually have any accurate depictions.

SpartanSquat

For me looks like Concavenator. Or probably an Hybrid, but I think the hybrids probbaly wont have more focus on the sequels

WarrenJB

Quote from: yankeetrex on April 24, 2017, 04:16:57 PM

Lol True, true. After all the furore of keeping feathers off to preserve the 1993 look, shrink-wrapping doesn't seem a huge or unexpected issue.

I don't know what the dino prop is supposed to be. I was never one for speculating and agonising over teasers and hints - they'll either tell us or they won't. Add Silvanusaurus' attitude to that: my expectations for any JP film went to rock bottom some way into The Lost World.

dragon53

Actor Kevin Lane commented on his role in the JURASSIC WORLD 2 sequel, "I read for two parts, and ended up getting the role of 'submarine pilot', which was the role I wanted as it is quite an epic scene. So I should have a nice cinematic moment on screen in a massive studio film. Filming starts in May [so] hopefully I'll be in one of their amazing contraptions, pretending that there's dinosaurs around me. I've never worked with CGI before so it's fun and challenging. But I can now say to people 'You know there's no dinosaur there right?'"

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 2---Jeff Goldblum is returning to the franchise as Ian Malcolm. Producer Frank Marshall said, "I'm excited to have him back. The world has changed a lot since Ian Malcolm went to Jurassic Park and we need his point of view now more than ever. He told us about chaos theory, he was right."
Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Ted Levine, James Cromwell, Geraldine Chaplin and BD Wong also star.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Nanuqsaurus

Even if the movie turns out to be bad, at least we'll still have Jeff Goldblum. ;D

Silvanusaurus

All the Goldblum in the world couldnt salvage a certain other trainwreck sequel to a popular 90's blockbuster... hopefully this one isnt quite as insufferable.

PumperKrickel

deleted

dragon53

As much as I like Jeff Goldblum, he couldn't save INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE----I watched it for a second time on Monday night, and it still stank like a heap of horse crap.
Goldblum, like the rst of the cast, was wasted in RESURGENCE.
I hope he has better luck in JURASSIC WORLD 2.

WarrenJB

I would say, um, I would say that, ahh, ahh, Jeff Goldblum is a fine actor in his own, uhhh, fashion, but, but, would benefit with someone to occasionally, ah, let's say rein him in. And make him learn his lines.

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on April 26, 2017, 08:54:50 PM
I didnĀ“t watch that, but I find your claim hard to believe.

To reiterate... :D

Quotemy expectations for any JP film went to rock bottom some way into The Lost World.

(Best recent Jeff Goldblum role, IMO, Grand Budapest Hotel.)

PumperKrickel

deleted

DinoLord

Now if only Sam Neil and Laura Dern would return for Jurassic World 3!

yankeetrex

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 26, 2017, 08:17:28 PM
All the Goldblum in the world couldnt salvage a certain other trainwreck sequel to a popular 90's blockbuster... hopefully this one isnt quite as insufferable.

Independence day was lightning in a bottle.  The plot points they chose to use were from a bad 50's sci fi movie.  It really isnt his fault.  Not getting Will Smith was the start of the end for that movie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: