News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 2---James Cromwell (LA CONFIDENTIAL) commented on his role in the sequel, "The character Richard Attenborough played (in JURASSIC PARK), I'm his partner, Benjamin Lockwood. We developed the technology of being able to clone the genes and so I am trying to deal with the blowback from what we have done."

Pachyrhinosaurus

It looks like we're going TLW 2.0 here and that's good news to me:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

I don't know what to think about this movie. JW was about  the original island based park idea working out until someone screwed it up. So in this the continent based park worked? I don't think any sane person would allow that project to materialize at this point. So that dinosaur must be in that cage for other reasons.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 28, 2017, 07:23:50 PM
It looks like we're going TLW 2.0 here and that's good news to me:

That looks almost exactly like the prop from TLW. 

Appalachiosaurus

Yeah, I think it is a direct recast using the molds from the TLW one (if they even still have those). Either way, i'm happy that more animatronics are going to be a thing again.

Pachyrhinosaurus

So we have dilophosaurus, apatosaurus, stegosaurus, and ankylosaurus seen on set so far. I was afraid they'd only have minimal animatronics but the fact that they're doing full-body large dinosaurs gives me some faith that they won't screw it up! Also it's the first ankylosaurus animatronic in a JP movie. In addition, we have Tyrannosaurus confirmed; velociraptors probable; baryonyx, stygimoloch, and carnotaurus rumored; and finally the proto-indominus hinted at in JW/on the toy list (if it's real).
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoLord

Glad to see they're going back to the original designs (at least for the Stegosaurus). I felt a lot of the designs in JW were a step down...

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: DinoLord on April 29, 2017, 03:21:28 PM
Glad to see they're going back to the original designs (at least for the Stegosaurus). I felt a lot of the designs in JW were a step down...

Which is sad because the dinosaur designs on the JW website were fantastic. Their Baryonyx, Suchomimus and Metriacanthosaurus were especially good. Of course none of those appeared in the movie itself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

they certainly have the orig molds somewhere since they used them for the Singapore ride :

I do wonder if it's an animatronic or a static stand in though. it's uncovered and the orig TLW animatronic looked like this :

about 2/3 there.

I would be very happy to see the cg cut back a bit.  scenes like this didnt look realistic at all :

compared to :

Jose S.M.

I would love to see full body animatronics, but the open field with several dinosaurs have always been cgi. That being said there was something odd about those gyrosphere scenes to me that make them feel unnatural compared with similar shots in the other films, mainly the first two.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 29, 2017, 04:49:14 PM

Which is sad because the dinosaur designs on the JW website were fantastic. Their Baryonyx, Suchomimus and Metriacanthosaurus were especially good. Of course none of those appeared in the movie itself.
They were very last-minute additions to the website though. Almost feels like they were commissioned as an apology of sorts for the stolen art used in earlier advertising.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 29, 2017, 05:11:08 PM
I would love to see full body animatronics, but the open field with several dinosaurs have always been cgi. That being said there was something odd about those gyrosphere scenes to me that make them feel unnatural compared with similar shots in the other films, mainly the first two.

exactly.  There is no interaction for one thing, they look more static than my models just sitting out in a field. The other thing, in the first film there was a blurry haze that felt natural, these are so crisp and clean you can count the scales.  the background, with the Apato and Trike almost look like the same models just spaced evenly..not natural.

One of the weaker scenes in JP3  it's still better than the field scene in JW :

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 29, 2017, 08:21:46 PM

They were very last-minute additions to the website though. Almost feels like they were commissioned as an apology of sorts for the stolen art used in earlier advertising.

I wasn't aware of stolen art. What exactly did they steal?

PumperKrickel

deleted

Takama

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on April 30, 2017, 10:44:34 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on April 29, 2017, 08:21:46 PM

I wasn't aware of stolen art. What exactly did they steal?

http://dinogoss.blogspot.com/2014/11/is-jurassic-world-stealing-from.html

Lanthanotus

I don't want to stir turmoil, but I honestly can't hold onto it....

.... I've just seen JW and it catapulted itself to the top 5 of the most bad films I've ever seen. You've ever seen "Monster in the Closet" (somewhat a must see for,... well, just cause it exists) or Tammy and the T. rex? yes,... amongst them...

But back to topic,... despite several bad predecessors, JW2 could possibly become a good movie I guess, if they refrain from all that senseless "IN YOUR FACE!!!" attitude,... but will they?

That's all.

stargatedalek

Personally, I hate Jurassic World, but at the same time I can't deny that I love watching Jurassic World. It's just a fun movie despite it's flaws (which border from some cheap feeling CGI to genuinely inflammatory subtext). As someone who could easily stand to re-watch any Bayformers film (sans Revenge of the Fallen) perhaps I just have a pretty low bar for what constitutes "good enough to be fun", but it definitely took quite a while afterwards for just how bad a movie Jurassic World was to kick in, and I feel like if a movie keeps you satisfied while watching it than at the very least you got your monies worth.

I don't normally watch movies because I expect them to be "good", I watch them because I expect them to be fun, being good in a broader sense of being more than just entertainment value is always better, but it doesn't make or break a movie for me. I'd much rather watch a fun movie that's not "good" than a "good" movie that I don't find fun.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Takama

Jurassic World is overarted to an extant.  Its not the best film i saw in 2015, but that does not mean its the worst.    I argue that Chappie and The Force Awakens are way better then Jurassic World(two movies that came out in the same year) and one of those films did better then JW while the other was forgotten about.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: