News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's in the name I think, Indominus Rex = T.rex  Indoraptor = Velociraptor

I am curious what they need Blue for? Are they going to "quick cook" the Indoraptor using her DNA ? Breed her with it?  Really interesting..

CityRaptor

Probably needed her for the Raptor DNA.  Breeding is unlikely, as once they made it, they can probably produce as many Indoraptors as they want.  Think of the possiblities. Groups of Indoraptors on the battlefield, probably accompanied by one Indominus Rex per squad.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

According to the JP wiki the Indominus was a mixture of about half a dozen theropods and countless modern animals, but I think that the Indoraptor is rather a straight simple cross between Indominus and trained Velociraptor. Or do you think that Indoraptor might feature human DNA as well? The quadrupedal stance on the long forelimbs gives a tarzanesque feel, kinda.

The Atroxious

I guess I'm in the minority, but he more I see of this movie, the more excited I get about it. Not especially bothered by the spoilers either. I just hope the Indoraptor gets an appropriate amount of screen time. I really couldn't care less about the endlessly recycled "classics". Trying to turn the Tyrannosaurus and the "'raptors" into characters was a bit of a mistake in my opinion. It diluted the air of mystery and awe I felt when watching them in the original movie. The Indoraptor, on the other hand, has this in spades. I'm just concerned that she'll only be in maybe twenty minutes of the movie before they kill her off, since I'm not really getting the feeling she has that much of a role in the story for how much she's built up in the trailers.

Jose S.M.

I think the indoraptor will break out and then have brief appearances during the last half hour until the last confrontation with the main characters.

Cretaceous Crab

Do we know that the Indoraptor is female?

Jose S.M.

I read somewhere that it was the first creature designed to be male.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 22, 2018, 03:15:59 AM

Yeah, I don't recall actually reading it anywhere. Just had a feeling for some reason it is male.

paintingdinos

A Mattel employee in this video goes out of his way to specify that the Indo is a male:
https://youtu.be/IhMbryQUt1c?t=194

Which I'm positive isn't a coincidence and will be relevant... else why bother being so specific.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 21, 2018, 08:13:42 AM
Probably needed her for the Raptor DNA.  Breeding is unlikely, as once they made it, they can probably produce as many Indoraptors as they want.  Think of the possiblities. Groups of Indoraptors on the battlefield, probably accompanied by one Indominus Rex per squad.

if it's for DNA there would need to be time for whole procedure to happen right? extraction, design, embryo. egg , growth? We do see her on auction block as well as some of the other dinos too.  i'm missing continuity somewhere...

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 22, 2018, 06:48:36 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 21, 2018, 08:13:42 AM

if it's for DNA there would need to be time for whole procedure to happen right? extraction, design, embryo. egg , growth? We do see her on auction block as well as some of the other dinos too.  i'm missing continuity somewhere...

I think the Indoraptor we see in the film is a prototype, and they need Blue's DNA for the "trainable" 2.0 version.

The Atroxious

Quote from: paintingdinos on April 22, 2018, 04:26:13 AM

A Mattel employee in this video goes out of his way to specify that the Indo is a male:
https://youtu.be/IhMbryQUt1c?t=194

Which I'm positive isn't a coincidence and will be relevant... else why bother being so specific.

Huh. Interesting. I just assume by default that all the dinosaurs are female. I do wonder why the Indoraptor would be male, though. I'm going to be a bit annoyed if it's because of that overplayed trope that portrays males as indiscriminately aggressive by nature.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: The Atroxious on April 22, 2018, 09:24:28 AM
Huh. Interesting. I just assume by default that all the dinosaurs are female. I do wonder why the Indoraptor would be male, though. I'm going to be a bit annoyed if it's because of that overplayed trope that portrays males as indiscriminately aggressive by nature.

Maybe they don't need Blue's DNA....maybe they just need a breeder female that can produce "Indominant" offspring (see what I did there? Indo + Dominant). After all, usually offspring favor the genetic traits of the father over the mother.

dragon53

Director JA Bayona commented on FALLEN KINGDOM and the second half of the sequel that features the Indoraptor, "The first half, you have a whole dinosaur movie on the island, so you have what you expect from a Jurassic movie. Then the second half moves to a totally different environment that feels more suspenseful, darker, claustrophobic, and even has this kind of gothic element, which I love."

Steven Spielberg added, "It has a wonderfully, deliciously scary third act. J.A. knows how to create terror, but he also knows how to orchestrate it so you're not brutalized by it, and he has the gift of restraint. But when he needs to open up the throttle, he really knows how."

New international trailer released.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBgIEX2P07g

Reptilia

Did anyone post these already? There's another call-back for Dr Admin's list.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Entertainment has done this as far back TLW if I recall it's sort of a staple of their mag.

Reptilia

They escape to the Baryonyx, eventually!

The Atroxious

Quote from: Reptilia on April 25, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

This one looks hilariously suggestive. Is there something going on between Owen and Indoraptor that we should know about?

Blade-of-the-Moon

if he's cheating on Blue he's a dead man! lol

Brontozaurus

Quote from: The Atroxious on April 26, 2018, 02:01:28 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on April 25, 2018, 01:24:34 PM

This one looks hilariously suggestive. Is there something going on between Owen and Indoraptor that we should know about?

After the thriller and horror elements are done with, it turns into a romantic comedy as Owen and the Indoraptor slowly realise their true feelings for one another.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: