News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

CityRaptor

I guess one could always pretend that it is not fully grown.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

The parasaurolophus also looks magnificent looks very well finished and that was not one of my favorites, the quetzalcoatlus I see it as the least prominent or weakest piece. I really liked the tapejara, dimorphodon and rhamphorhynchus

The einiosaurus looks larger than the other ceraptosides, and improves by far all its predecessors. The coelophysis is exceptional and with a very realistic colors.

On the other hand the deinocheirus is as I imagined it in the prototype it competes to the one of Collecta without that it desmerezca the last one.
On the other hand the kronosaurus is a remake of Carnegie's ancient but more improved.

What is said free what Papo releases this year is going to be the year of Safari. After the disappearance of Carnegie, Safari has returned to conquer in quality and quantity with its dinosaurs the scepter of the toy dinosaurs by difference. It is a magnificent of this company of which they would have to learn some others in quality and genius in their products.

Only Collecta makes him shady today. But this year Safari has been unchecked

Killekor

Can someone post more photos of the new dinosaurs?
I Will like to see the Microraptor, the coelophisis and the diplo.

Thanks

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Silvanusaurus

I might have to stop looking in this thread, it's making me so jealous! I can't wait to get these in the UK.

Killekor

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 07, 2016, 09:38:42 PM
I might have to stop looking in this thread, it's making me so jealous! I can't wait to get these in the UK.

Me too! I am in spain, i want to see if a friend, After a Travel in America, have get some new safari figures, if not, goodbye to the feathered T-Rex to my birthday.

Predasaurskillekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

SBell

So many replies...short versions.

Yeah, the Diplodocus looks great IRL. I will try to get a compare shot of it with the Carnegie. Same with the Kronosaurus.

My son is especially fond of the squid. I recommend it as a weird one. And I will choose to believe that it is a to-scale-with-Diplodocus Jurassic species until proven otherwise.. ;)

The hawk looks good to my eye in person, but the Harpy Eagle is indeed far better.

As for non-US/Canada...I'm really sorry I can't cut the costs on postage. It's pretty absurd how much it can be for even a little parcel.

CityRaptor

Yes, international shipping costs can be insane. I'll just wait till online sellers in Germany, like Urzeitshop etc get them.
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 07, 2016, 10:06:05 PM
Yes, international shipping costs can be insane. I'll just wait till online sellers in Germany, like Urzeitshop etc get them.

In fact, I have commissioned all the dinosaur figures Safari 2017 in advance upon payment to an online dinosaur company and I have been told that they will come to me on January-February next year.

I get very cheap compared to the costs that other members of the forum are doing seems to me a more economical and practical way to get such figures.

What does one have to wait in an online store? True, but you save money and most importantly the shipment arrives in perfect condition and if it is not with the possibility of claiming, without additional costs.

Www.urzeitshop.de like www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk among other online companies are incardinated in Europe so shipping costs with respect to other foreign companies is by far much more economical.

dinoMD

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 07, 2016, 09:29:05 AM
Smol Diplodocus!!!

Compared to the T-rex yes, but that figure is Safari's biggest therapod after the Carnegie Spinosaurus v2.0.  The diplodocus fits in nicely with the other sauropods of the wild safari line (apatosaurus), and the carnegie brachiosaurus v2.0.  It's still a good sized figure, measuring 18" in length - it's more a matter of the other figures in this year's line being noticeably larger than usual...

EmperorDinobot

No it's good that Diplodocus is smol. That way it fits in my increasingly gentrified dinosaur city.

CityRaptor

Whenever you call it a Dinosaur City, I have to think about this:

I would agree that the figures this year are all looking good. And more diverse in color than last year, where 3 out of 4 Dinosaurs were white and brown.
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 08, 2016, 10:46:30 AM
Whenever you call it a Dinosaur City, I have to think about this:

I would agree that the figures this year are all looking good. And more diverse in color than last year, where 3 out of 4 Dinosaurs were white and brown.

How am I not familiar with that? I've seen them all: Carnosaur 1 and 2, Prehysteria, My Boyfriend is a Dinosaur, the crossover between Dino Riders and that idiot Sarah Palin, etc.

Luckily it's on youtube! Sounds like it's time for me and my soon to be born Safari dinos to get Popcorn!

The Atroxious

"Long before there were turtles..." LOL WUT

I have never heard of My Boyfriend is a Dinosaur, and my google searches turned up nothing, yet I am curious. Care to elaborate on that one?

CityRaptor

The movie is from 1991. What was popular and had a movie back then? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Hmm, all I could find when looking for My Boyfriend is a Dinosaur is one of those dinosaur erotic novels. He is apparently also an alien and a billionaire...and gay.
Oh no

The Atroxious

You forgot that he's also president of the United States.

I went to the Amazon page for that book, and it's possibly the most amusing thing I've seen today. The best part was this excerpt from a review:

QuoteThis had all the hallmarks of the typical billionaire dinosaur erotica...

I wasn't aware that there was anything typical about billionaire dinosaur erotica. Is this something I should know about?

Takama

when you guys say My Boyfriend a Dinosaur, as if it were a movie.

Do you mean Tammy and the T.Rex?

Its a film were Tammy's Boyfriend gets turned into a T.Rex

suspsy

Getting back to actual Safari discussion, I sure hope the T. rex and the Velociraptor become available at the regular dinosaur toy venues soon. This waiting is most frustrating.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Takama got it! Tammy and the T.rex. The Spanish translation was "Mi Novio es un Dinosaurio", so that stuck with me.

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on December 08, 2016, 06:51:58 PM
Getting back to actual Safari discussion, I sure hope the T. rex and the Velociraptor become available at the regular dinosaur toy venues soon. This waiting is most frustrating.

Those are apparently the last ones to become available. I have been given hints that they may be ready to ship to stores in December...but probably January! If I'd waited one more week I could have had the Giga in as well...but waiting is no fun!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: