News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Still, last years wait = 10 days. This year's wait = 36 days, more than triple the time.
I'll still purchase the figures, yes, but I will not be as excited compared to 20 days ago.

suspsy

Me, I will be vastly more excited when I purchase the figures as opposed to right now. Granted, it's very possible, indeed likely, that the production versions won't look quite as spiffy as they do in the catalogue, but that's the nature of consumerism for you.

I'll say this too: I sometimes miss the pre-Internet days when you only found out about new toys when they appeared in stores. Although I suppose if that was still the case today, many of us would probably assume Schleich was the only dinosaur toyline in existence. The horror.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I'm actually getting worried about the Microraptor...why doesn't it appear on Safari's website? Does that mean it has been delayed? Because,to be honest,the Microraptor is,from the list,the one I'm most interested in

tanystropheus

I'm going to assume that the next set of dinosaurs from WS will look something like this:

2018 (winter 2017) releases (?)

Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Maiasaura
Hypsilophodon
Pteranodon sternbergi
Kosmoceratops
Protoceratops
Allosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Rhomaleosaurus

Kovu

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 28, 2016, 03:34:51 AM
I'm going to assume that the next set of dinosaurs from WS will look something like this:

Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Maiasaura

Hypsilophodon
Pteranodon sternbergi
Kosmoceratops
Protoceratops

Allosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Rhomaleosaurus

The bolded ones would be just lovely. Especially a Mamenchisaurus!

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 28, 2016, 03:34:51 AM

Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Mamenchisaurus
Maiasaura
Hypsilophodon
Pteranodon sternbergi
Kosmoceratops
Protoceratops
Allosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Rhomaleosaurus

That's a pretty good list. Me, I'd like to see Doug tackle Ankylosaurus as well as a new Stegosaurus. And I'd like to see the feathered momentum continue. Mononykus and Anzu would be great.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm starting to hope Safari reveals everything soon just so everybody here stops being so ridiculous. You know we're all going to start fawning over all these again the moment we see good pics. And what are we doing taking about next year's lineup in such detail already?

suspsy

Flaffy

CarnegieCollector

I want safari ltd to do a 1:40 (heck, even 1:15  ;) ) Amphicoelias Fragilimus for 2018

:D
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

darth daniel

I also wish for a 1:40 Mamenchisaurus, although I don´t expect Safari to do one. A 1:40 M. sinocanadorum with hypothetical tail club would be a dream come true. :)

Flaffy

A new image I guess? Everything here has been seen before. (Full list of prehistorics in 'credits')

Jose S.M.

Well at least there's a new angle of the Tyrannosaurus and a full color pic of Velociraptor. It is weird that the silhouette of Parasaurolophus and Microraptor are still not in the page but they are listed in the imagen.

postsaurischian

8) He, he .. what a beast! ..... and the Velociraptor is really lovely!!

It still says Gigantosaurus ::) ;D.

Minmiminime

Oh my word...I am very much looking forward to this Tyrannosaurus!! Thank you, Doug Watson and Safari Ltd!! ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

MLMjp

Now that´s cool marketing  ;D ;D ;D

I love the head of the T.rex.....But what´s up with its belly? :o :o That´s a lot of junk in the trunk. I don´t like it. :( I hope is just the photo cause the siluette does not suffer from the obesity that this "Cinematic poster" shows us.

Shonisaurus

Holy God tyrannosaurus rex feathered looks fantastic. Safari this year exceeded all expectations in the toy market.
A bestial figure.

CityRaptor

Looks awesome. That would probably make a better movie than a lot movies actually coming out. I assume that the people fleeing are actually some of Safari's employees...

Quote from: suspsy on September 27, 2016, 06:26:29 PM
I'll say this too: I sometimes miss the pre-Internet days when you only found out about new toys when they appeared in stores. Although I suppose if that was still the case today, many of us would probably assume Schleich was the only dinosaur toyline in existence. The horror.

At least as far as that kind of figure goes.
Well, I would know Papo and Bullyland, too. And Collecta, but mainly via the Epixx line by Revell ( which distributed them in Germany at one point )...Also some vague memories of Dinosaurs made by an unknown company I saw in the mid 90s, which included a Maiasaura with nest, a pair of Dilophosaurus, a trio of chinese Dinosaurs with skeletal backgrounds and a big Velociraptor. ( Yep, it's Safari )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

I already notified them on how to spell Giganotosaurus and they changed it on their website, now they do it again!!!!!!!!!!  ::)

Dilopho

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 28, 2016, 08:44:06 PM
Holy God tyrannosaurus rex feathered looks fantastic. Safari this year exceeded all expectations in the toy market.
A bestial figure.
Holy God is just regular God hahah
also one more post and you will have 666 posts...coincedence?  :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: