News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

The big question is how will the actual toy look like. This sample was professionally painted. Safari's paint app's have been lacking in the past and the Rex seen here has a lot going on that I just don't see being replicated by a factory.  :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

postsaurischian

Quote from: Dobber on September 29, 2016, 11:20:17 AM
....... the Rex seen here has a lot going on that I just don't see being replicated by a factory.  :(

..... which wouldn't be too much of a problem for you ;) ... seeing that beautiful repaint in your avatar.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on September 29, 2016, 07:46:35 AM
So how much y'all wanna bet that safaris upcoming Psittacosaurus will look exactly like the "most accurate dinosaur" Psittacosaurus statue that was made just recently? (See gwangis profile pic for reference).

I sure hope so!

From the silhouette I can verify the hands ...digits feet and other such appear as they should  The main question would be the palette of colors and patterns which have actually been established for a few years already..and if those match   I am guessing they might given that information

It is also possible the species sculpted may differ from the type known to be represented by the quilled specimen....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 29, 2016, 02:44:11 AM
Quote from: suspsy on September 29, 2016, 02:17:22 AM
I cannot wait to review this absolutely beautiful, badass mofo. This is going to be my greatest work for the DTB yet.

What if you scrape away the feathers and you find a stock Papo T-rex inside!?

. . . why the spotted heck would I scrape away the feathers?

Quote from: Dobber on September 29, 2016, 11:20:17 AM
The big question is how will the actual toy look like. This sample was professionally painted. Safari's paint app's have been lacking in the past and the Rex seen here has a lot going on that I just don't see being replicated by a factory.  :(

I dunno. The retail version of the Yutyrannus was pretty close to the catalog version. We'll just have to wait and see.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

New image of parasaurolophus

Patrx

It looks great close-up! Check out all those tiny scale details.

Pachyrhinosaurus

And the microraptor silhouette is up, too:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoLord

I was a bit unsure about it based on the leaked thumbnail, but it looks much better up close. I think the reason why it looked 'off' to some people is that there's more soft tissue in the head and neck area then most traditional reconstructions.

Gwangi

The silhouette of the Parasaurolophus is gone too, replaced with actual pictures, 6 of them from all different angles. I like the fleshy looking cheeks and the color choices on this one.

Jose S.M.

The parasaurolophus looks great in the picture that's not against the white background. Also I think it's face looks different because it's bellowing and most parasaurolophus toys have their mouth closed or with a very small opening angle

Flaffy

Quite fond of the microraptor. ;D

Shonisaurus

According to the statement of the parasaurolophus Safari will be available from November 10. At least until January to February is not available in Europe except in stores Amazon or Ebay.

SpartanSquat

Looks so beautifull the Parasaurolophus! The first leaked pic was...too bland but this...Doug did you sculpt this guy?

suspsy

Well, it's about time!

I think the Parasaurolophus looks pretty good, although it's probably the toy I'm least excited about.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I really like that Parasaurolophus. I'm just not huge on the yellow (I do like the markings though), but that's a personal preference thing. The skin texture looks like it has the proper pebbly look to it, that hadrosaurids have, and it looks like it even has the fleshy "mittens". I think that's a first for a Parasaurolophus toy?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Although it looks better than the previous leaked image, I´m not very fond on the Para. I think the colors makes them rather toy-ish and less attractive than the rest (at least the ones that have been shown).
The Microraptor silhouette looks promising.

Nanuqsaurus

The eye placement on the Parasaurolophus looks... off somehow? Maybe it's accurate, I don't know a lot about hadrosaurs honestly. I think the more fleshed out face plays a role too. Credits for that though, no shrinkwrapping on this one! :) Wish it had a more colorful horn, its face looks a bit plain with these colors.

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately it is a dinosaur Parasaurolophus in the toy market and quite vulgar and collecting an animal trite.

He would have preferred a saurolophus, Olorotitan, Charonosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Hypacrosaurus or Prosaurolophus.

It is a dinosaur somewhat repetitive, but I'm ready to buy it when it's online marketplace.

Silvanusaurus

I'm loving how fleshed out these dinosaurs are! There isn't a rib cage in sight! I know I said my excitement was fading gradually, but this is still the most exciting set of releases I've experienced since getting into the hobby.

Roselaar

Parasaur looks okay, though I'm not fond of the banana/chocolate paint job.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: