News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

As the forum doesn't seem to accept the pictures I tried to post, here's a link to my blog. I posted there all the pics of the three dinos revealed so far.

http://www.ikessauro.com/2016/09/safari2017.html

Jose S.M.

sauroid

that is a beautiful Coelophysis.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: sauroid on September 30, 2016, 02:27:54 PM
that is a beautiful Coelophysis.

I really like it, going to get it for sure! By the way, I took the pic from Ikessauro's blog so than you for the link! to uploaded here I just clicked the pic, copied the image link from the search bar and pasted it between the here, like I was placing it from photobucked or any other of those servers.

Patrx

Wow, that is excellent! I love the colors.

Gwangi

I'm in love with that Coelophysis. It has taken forever to finally get a good model of this iconic dinosaur, it was worth the wait.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Holy crap, that is one the prettiest models I've ever seen! I was worried the Coelophysis would be a little bland, but the colors just make it pop so brilliantly! There's a part of me that's a little disappointed it doesn't have a bad-ass mohawk in reference to it's history with Syntarsus, but another part of me feels that this is so perfect that any change would ruin it.

DinoLord

That color scheme looks perfectly suited for Coelophysis. This one is a must-have for me. It'll be nice to have a larger model of this dinosaur in addition to the Kaiyodo miniature.

CMIPalaeo

That Coelophysis will be making its way into my collection, for sure. What a stunning beauty! And fuzzy too! I hadn't dared hope for it...

As for the Parasaurolophus, not to keen on it for some reason. It seems slightly off to me, I can't pin down what it is? I dunno. Undecided on that Microraptor but it is quite a charming figure.

And of course the accurately-feathered Tyrannosaurus is incredible. I'm torn between it and the CollectA one, which I think looks awesome, but I don't think I need two... The CollectA one is a little cheaper but the Safari one is just... WOW. Decisions, decisions...  :-\
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

Mauro "Raptor86"

OMG! The Coelophysis is amazing  ;D

Flaffy

Will definitely be getting the coelophysis.
Two nitpicks though, the black line on the facebook image is painted a lot better than in the actual product photo. I feel that this black line will be either painted too far up, too far down, or painted sloppily in the factory.
The other nitpick is that it seems to suffer from the white paint defects seen previously on the yutyrannus, where the stock photo's paint application seems crisp and full where most of the feathering detail is painted are painted, while the actual product is rather sloppy and the white paint doesn't cover all the feathering details, exposing the greenish/brown plastic underneath.
But hey, this is one of the best coelophysis figures I've seen, so bring it on Safari!  ;D

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 21, 2016, 09:17:03 PM
Ignoring the alula since it was sculpted before alula were published in enantiornithes, my only issue with the Velociraptor itself
Quote from: Sim on September 22, 2016, 12:04:07 AM
I'm not so sure about an alula being present in less derived groups than the earliest known occurrence of it.  As mentioned here, it seems unlikely a flightless dromaeosaurid would have an alula: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4552.msg134492#msg134492
Quote from: stargatedalek on September 22, 2016, 02:14:14 AM
True probably not a functional alula, but given that dromaeosaurs are so closely related to flying species, potentially even descending from a flying ancestor (or sister taxon to a group that developed flight), it seems reasonable to suggest the possibility of extensive feathering on the outer finger, and at least that the fingers were not ancestrally bald.

I've just realised that it appears Microraptor does have an alula, while Zhenyuanlong seems to not have an alula.  This is very interesting.  So it looks like flightless dromaeosaurids wouldn't have a distinct alula as shown by Zhenyuanlong, and the alula was present in a group that branches off earlier than Enantiornithes as shown by Microraptor.

MLMjp

I did not expected a feathered Coelophysis, but this is one of those genus who sometimes I depict with some kind of fuzz despite not being a coelurosaur.
Beautiful figure and very vibrant colors. :)

Halichoeres

That Coelophysis is incredible. Definitely looks like Mr. Watson's work.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

That is one gorgeous Coelophysis figure. Wonder how it will look alongside the Postosuchus as well. Either way I think I want this one. The Microraptor looks good as well. I can't wait to see the Psittacosaurus and Deinocheirus too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

And with feathers, too! Absolutely fantastic, the colors remind me of Douglas Henderson's work, which is how I have always envisioned coelophysis.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Nanuqsaurus

Absolutely fantastic! I was worried it would be scaly, but I'm very happy to see a feathered Coelophysis! Stunning colors too, definitely gonna buy this one!

Sim

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on September 30, 2016, 07:01:07 PM
Absolutely fantastic! I was worried it would be scaly, but I'm very happy to see a feathered Coelophysis! Stunning colors too, definitely gonna buy this one!

It's an excellent figure, but I'm disappointed that it's feathered.

Dobber

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 29, 2016, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: Dobber on September 29, 2016, 11:20:17 AM
....... the Rex seen here has a lot going on that I just don't see being replicated by a factory.  :(

..... which wouldn't be too much of a problem for you ;) ... seeing that beautiful repaint in your avatar.

Thanks for the compliment ^-^ Though, I'm nowhere near as good as the masters around here.  ;)

As for the the Microraptor and Coelophysis both look amazing. They are also on my must buy list, along with the new Rex, Giganotosaurus, and Velociraptor that'll make 5 from this years line I'm definately getting. The Parasaurolophus is another possibility.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Not often that the Triassic crowd gets some love. What a lovely little figure!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: