News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 21, 2012, 06:58:26 AM

Cool new Brachio from Safari, but may they cost so munch!

If it's warranted and worth it I'd say the price was fine.  Remember the new Spino ?  It was quite expensive for what it was . I think this new Brachio is the same...though perhaps slightly more justified than the Spino was.  I look at the WS Brachio and just have a REALLY hard time seeing the extra cost. This one should have been 20.00..maybe a bit more.  34.00 for the new Diplo was much better. I'd much rather have had that scale and such for a similar price.

Meso-Cenozoic

DeJankins has the new Carnegie Brachio priced at $26. I'd say for a big sauropod, that's pretty fair. Its price is actually pretty comparable to some of the deluxe CollectA figs. The new deluxe Amargasaurus seems to be averaging at around $20 and their new 1/40 Tric is a little more. And I'm sure, even though the Carnegie Brachio isn't as big as a lot of us would like, I'm pretty sure he'll still be bigger and more accurately detailed than the two previously mentioned CollectAs.  8)

postsaurischian

I'd almost say the eBay prices for the Carnegie Brachiosaurus are usury :(.
Sellers think they could take twice as much or more just because they sell the figures a few weeks before everybody is offering them.
We shouldn't support that!!

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 21, 2012, 08:56:19 AM
I'd almost say the eBay prices for the Carnegie Brachiosaurus are usury :(.
Sellers think they could take twice as much or more just because they sell the figures a few weeks before everybody is offering them.
We shouldn't support that!!
indeed. these highway-robbers won't prosper if we do not support them.
(as they say, good things come to those who wait.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ZoPteryx

Aw, the new Carnegie Brach is nice and big! :))

Dan

Primeval12

Any news on the new bullyland mammals?

Seijun

Quote from: Dan on May 21, 2012, 11:32:59 PM

This picture made me laugh.
I honestly think this is the best sauropod toy since the battat diplo. Once I own him (the brachi) I won't feel so bad about not having the battat.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on May 22, 2012, 12:03:57 AM
Any news on the new bullyland mammals?

From what I can tell, retailers can order them now (I am thinking of bringing a small order into the T.rex Centre--for once, not for me, since I have all of them, but because they're cool!).

Himmapaan

I am usually happy to wait for new figures, but oh, I suddenly want this Brachio with peculiar urgency!

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a great sculpt..but pictured with all the other models really shows how small it's going to look to me. The Apato is even bigger than it is...heck the Dimetrodon and the Anniversary Rex look so large compared to it. I guess I'm alone..but it's just such a shame to me. I'll always look at it and think how it could have been a little larger and been a home run. :/

anchry6

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 22, 2012, 08:09:50 AM
It's a great sculpt..but pictured with all the other models really shows how small it's going to look to me. The Apato is even bigger than it is...heck the Dimetrodon and the Anniversary Rex look so large compared to it. I guess I'm alone..but it's just such a shame to me. I'll always look at it and think how it could have been a little larger and been a home run. :/

I totally agree with you ... unfortunately  :-\

:D

sauroid

it could have been one of the all time best prehistoric figures if only the size and color were ideal. but i cant wait to have it anyway.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

On the topic of size, I've never really understood why people are disappointed when things like the new Brachiosaurus aren't sufficiently gigantic. Maybe this is just a product of my obsession with tiny models and cramming everything onto one shelf, but the Brachiosaurus seems big enough already.

Plus, think of all the shelf space you'll save!  :P
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Seijun

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 22, 2012, 09:47:33 AM
On the topic of size, I've never really understood why people are disappointed when things like the new Brachiosaurus aren't sufficiently gigantic. Maybe this is just a product of my obsession with tiny models and cramming everything onto one shelf, but the Brachiosaurus seems big enough already.

but.. but.... I don't need to save shelf space! I still have lots of floor left!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on May 22, 2012, 08:35:46 AM
it could have been one of the all time best prehistoric figures if only the size and color were ideal. but i cant wait to have it anyway.

Color is fine..I can fix color easily enough..but not size.. :/

When I was little I always wanted the sauropods BIG..it just made sense..they were mountains of flesh towering over everything else..I had a score of toys..but the biggest sauropods always stuck out to me..the Dino Riders Bronto , the Playshool Ultra and even the Carnegie Brachio ...used to carry it around by the neck..lol to me tiny sauropods are neat..but not impressive as they could be.  This new pieces isn't tiny..I just would have wanted it a little bigger...something as impressive as the piece it's replacing in size.

Quote from: Seijun on May 22, 2012, 09:52:37 AM

but.. but.... I don't need to save shelf space! I still have lots of floor left!

Exactly ! ;D

stoneage

Well for the price there charging, it definitely should be bigger.  I'm really more excited by the Papo figure!

Primeval12

I like the brachiosaurus, i might ask for it for my birthday

Metallisuchus

Quote from: stoneage on May 22, 2012, 09:59:19 PM
Well for the price there charging, it definitely should be bigger.  I'm really more excited by the Papo figure!

Me too! I don't care much for these 2. I'm really picky with my sauropods.

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 22, 2012, 08:09:50 AM

It seems that Safari is trying to replace all of there original sculpts. The Apatoe being biger dosent surprise me very much at all, becauis its one of the older ones

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: