News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

I want that allo. With a new coat, it might look like something JP produced!

Balaur

I just order the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, and it should come by Monday or Tuesday! I am so excited!!! Also, does it fit into the size of the Camarasaurus or Apatosaurus? What scale where those?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 17, 2012, 03:39:19 AM
I just order the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, and it should come by Monday or Tuesday! I am so excited!!! Also, does it fit into the size of the Camarasaurus or Apatosaurus? What scale where those?

I want to say they are 1/40..or were. Not sure what Safari is saying they are now.

postsaurischian

I just order the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, and it should come by Monday or Tuesday! I am so excited!!! Also, does it fit into the size of the Camarasaurus or Apatosaurus?

No, it doesn't. The new Carnegie Brachiosaurus is about 1:50 and is in scale with the "new" Wild Safari Apatosaurus.

Simon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 17, 2012, 08:09:58 AM
I just order the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus, and it should come by Monday or Tuesday! I am so excited!!! Also, does it fit into the size of the Camarasaurus or Apatosaurus?

No, it doesn't. The new Carnegie Brachiosaurus is about 1:50 and is in scale with the "new" Wild Safari Apatosa -urus[/i

I would say the WS new Apatosaurus is about 1/70 scale - fits in well with the Coloratas....no way is it 1/50 scale unless its a small individual ... its in scale with the WS Brachiosaurus, yes, but not with the new Carnegie Brach...

Balaur

Quote from: Simon on August 17, 2012, 08:15:56 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 17, 2012, 08:09:58 AM

No, it doesn't. The new Carnegie Brachiosaurus is about 1:50 and is in scale with the "new" Wild Safari Apatosa -urus[/i

I would say the WS new Apatosaurus is about 1/70 scale - fits in well with the Coloratas....no way is it 1/50 scale unless its a small individual ... its in scale with the WS Brachiosaurus, yes, but not with the new Carnegie Brach...

Okay, thanks!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Simon on August 17, 2012, 08:15:56 PM

Sorry, you're wrong.
For example, the Krentz Antediluvian Apatosaurus is 1:72. Wouldn't you say the WS version is much larger?
The WS Brachiosaurus is too small for their Apato.

As usually Dr. Brontodocus describes them very well:
WS Apatosaurus: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1358792688146&set=a.1030311116312.2006776.1181385073&type=3&l=02b2b05813&theater
Carnegie Brachiosaurus: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3985626277344&set=a.1030311116312.2006776.1181385073&type=3&l=02b2b05813&theater
WS Brachiosaurus: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1281295750771&set=a.1030311116312.2006776.1181385073&type=3&l=02b2b05813&theater

Dan

A bit random, but I couldn't find any pictures of the window-boxed CollectA Deluxe Rex online. So, I took a few myself. Feel free to use as needed. Obviously this is the more recent version, since little Arthur is helplessly ensconced within his own personal hell. Anyone remember if he started showing up in 2012 or earlier?

More photos on FB.

Takama

So you sell the window box editions Dan?

Argentavis

The Papo Brachiosaurus should arrive in france next week and then will ship to the dealers.

Balaur

My Carnegie Brach arrived on Monday, but I was gone for vacation and came back Tuseday night, and found the package infront of the door! It is absolutely epic! My second biggest dinosaur "toy" I have. Wonderfully made, and very scientifically accurate! I just realized too then, they should remake their Apatosaurus!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 22, 2012, 08:17:45 PM
My Carnegie Brach arrived on Monday, but I was gone for vacation and came back Tuseday night, and found the package infront of the door! It is absolutely epic! My second biggest dinosaur "toy" I have. Wonderfully made, and very scientifically accurate! I just realized too then, they should remake their Apatosaurus!

Can't wait to score the Papo Brachio ! ;D

I think the Apatosaurus would be next on the list of sauropods to be re-done..hopefully complete with a new juvenile as well.  ^-^

Balaur

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 23, 2012, 01:18:55 AM

I think the Apatosaurus would be next on the list of sauropods to be re-done..hopefully complete with a new juvenile as well.  ^-^

Yeah, just like they did with the Diplodocus (and Brachiosaurus), they should totally do that! But their Amargosaurus is by far the best sauropod (along with the 2012 Carnegie Brach) I have ever seen! I compare it to the Brach and while tiny, he is awesome! I love cool sauropods! :)

ajax

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on August 23, 2012, 04:06:17 AM

Yeah, just like they did with the Diplodocus (and Brachiosaurus), they should totally do that! But their Amargosaurus is by far the best sauropod (along with the 2012 Carnegie Brach) I have ever seen! I compare it to the Brach and while tiny, he is awesome! I love cool sauropods! :)

The Jorbia is a great figure, one of my favourite from collecta.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on August 23, 2012, 05:40:30 AM

I've been tempted by the Jobaria..pose and size all work for me, but the chest looks really shallow for a sauropod. :/

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 23, 2012, 06:12:23 PM

I've been tempted by the Jobaria..pose and size all work for me, but the chest looks really shallow for a sauropod. :/

I love the Jobaria, one of my favorites from CollectA and one of my favorite sauropods that I own in general. The chest is a bit shallow but come on, can you think of a better toy Jobaria?  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 23, 2012, 11:16:42 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 23, 2012, 06:12:23 PM

I love the Jobaria, one of my favorites from CollectA and one of my favorite sauropods that I own in general. The chest is a bit shallow but come on, can you think of a better toy Jobaria?  ;)

At the moment..no. lol ;D

But I do have similar posed sauropods already, the Kaiyodo Saltasaurus and Battat Diplo, but I may be get it one day..I know enough artists around here that could fix that chest for me I'm sure. ;)

edit : I had to go back to the old forum and look, but it looks like it needs even more of a chest than I had thought :

Maybe David will release his as a larger kit later on.

Himmapaan

It should perhaps be noted that what appears to be a chest is in fact the shoulders. It's those that really protrude forward, whereas the actual chest doesn't jut out much at all.

Seijun

I am looking at the length of the ribs. Collecta's looks as though the ribcage is backwards (with the shortest ribs at the front instead of the back)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on August 24, 2012, 04:34:09 AM
I am looking at the length of the ribs. Collecta's looks as though the ribcage is backwards (with the shortest ribs at the front instead of the back)

Exactly.

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 24, 2012, 02:14:38 AM
It should perhaps be noted that what appears to be a chest is in fact the shoulders. It's those that really protrude forward, whereas the actual chest doesn't jut out much at all.

I guess I'm referring more to the belly then. It looks like it should come out as far as the elbow. So it's ribs have been shortened a lot it looks like.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: