News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2012 Figures

Started by DinoToyForum, March 10, 2012, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Oh yes there were. Threr was also a blue one, and a rare Black

I got my info from this thread BTW
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,656.0.html

Seijun

Never heard of the black one before. Are there any pictures around?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dan on August 19, 2012, 05:02:53 PM
A bit random, but I couldn't find any pictures of the window-boxed CollectA Deluxe Rex online. So, I took a few myself. Feel free to use as needed. Obviously this is the more recent version, since little Arthur is helplessly ensconced within his own personal hell. Anyone remember if he started showing up in 2012 or earlier?

More photos on FB.

Is that T-rex identical to the deluxe version---it seems a tad bit more detailed here....I think.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Dan on August 25, 2012, 09:35:02 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 24, 2012, 06:38:58 PM
Hm, I think this is maybe the wrong thread, because these won't be available before 2013.

Actually, I was told they might start trickling in this year. Thought I mentioned that, maybe not.

Anyway, look at this funny little fluffy-armed fellow! Is there a more coy way of sneaking feathers onto a tyrannosaur?

Scaly Tyrannosaur with feathers on arms, back and tip of tail? Reminds me a lot of the look used for it in "Tyrannosaurus Sex" ( a Discovery Channel Documentary about the mating rituals of Dinosaurs )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Patrx

I mentioned this on the portal page, but as tragically underfeathered as this new Velociraptor is, it's still the most up-to-date dromaeosaur around as far as I know. Which is pretty sad  :-\ No tail fan, bald snout, and the wings look weirdly like hands.

Himmapaan

It occurs to me that the brown areas might possibly be feathers too, as unlikely as that looks at present. Scallop-shaped, as opposed to a more filamentous kind. We need more pictures.

Patrx

I was assuming they were meant to be feathers - they look a bit like the ones on the Kabaya Deinonychus. I would indeed like to see more photos - and hopefully if this guy gets a Desktop Model counterpart, they'll fix the wings, tail, and face feathers. On second thought, though, this isn't the most up-to-date dromaeosaur - the Kaiyodo "Kitidaniryu" is a little closer.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It kind of reminds me of the Fu-Dog statues you see..might have to get one now..lol  The head alone with that white mane feels like an Asian-style dragon too.. ;D

Simon

Seems to me that the new Favorite dinos are looking more like Colorata minis.  (Triceratops, for example.)  Some are very good, others - like the Ankylosaurus - are not as accurate as Version #1.  Ditto for the Stegosaurus.  But they are more fun to looks at.  The Velociraptor is an improvement on the Deinonychus, as is the Parasaurolophus, TRex.  Very nice.  Definitely worth getting the whole lot!

Oh, and as far as the feathers on the # 2 TRex - an X-acto knife will take care of those abominations!

Seijun

I am with you, I think the first steg and ankly are much better. Although, I also like the old deino more than the new velociraptor. The other figures look like improvements to me.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Simon on August 27, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
Seems to me that the new Favorite dinos are looking more like Colorata minis.  (Triceratops, for example.)  Some are very good, others - like the Ankylosaurus - are not as accurate as Version #1.  Ditto for the Stegosaurus.  But they are more fun to looks at.  The Velociraptor is an improvement on the Deinonychus, as is the Parasaurolophus, TRex.  Very nice.  Definitely worth getting the whole lot!

Oh, and as far as the feathers on the # 2 TRex - an X-acto knife will take care of those abominations!

Why not just get the featherless one?

Seijun

I like the feathers on trex #2, except for the ones on the arms.

Patrx

Accidental double-post, please discard.  :-[

Patrx

After the beauty that is the 2012 Dino Expo Tyrannosaurus from Kinto/Favorite, I don't think I'll ever be able to spend money on a featherless theropod again.

With the exception of Malcolm's Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus, which I have already ordered; they are rather nice.

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on August 27, 2012, 07:11:21 PM
I like the feathers on trex #2, except for the ones on the arms.

In a way, it looks kind of like it's covered in seaweed or something--the T.rex from the Black Lagoon

Simon

Because the pose and color are different - I will get both TRexes.  And the arm feathers look, well, a bit ludicrous.  An animal that size living where it did (Tropical heat) would not be likely to have any, regardless what its tiny relatives in China had 20 MY earlier...

Does the second one have any feathers other than on the arms?  I don't see any but the pics are small ...

Takama

Quote from: Simon on August 28, 2012, 03:23:49 AM
Because the pose and color are different - I will get both TRexes.  And the arm feathers look, well, a bit ludicrous.  An animal that size living where it did (Tropical heat) would not be likely to have any, regardless what its tiny relatives in China had 20 MY earlier...

Does the second one have any feathers other than on the arms?  I don't see any but the pics are small ...

Yes it does along the back

SBell

Quote from: Simon on August 28, 2012, 03:23:49 AM

Sort of like modern ostriches have featherless wings... ;)

Although I still maintain that the feathering doesn't look good per se.

Seijun

It really annoys me when artists/toy companies put a measly little row of feathers starting at the wrists. It just feels like a cop-out to me. Either give it properly feathered limbs, or don't give it feathered limbs at all. Dont try the "meeting you half-way" technique by making it look like a half-plucked chicken.

tanystropheus

I want to see feathered hadrosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: