News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Let's try to keep things polite here, folks, there's no call for sarcasm or rudeness.

DinoLord

Patrx is right; let's not get too heated folks. It seems the photographer was just expressing their preference; I don't see them accusing anyone of stealing.

Kikimalou

Quote from: Verahin on December 09, 2016, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on December 09, 2016, 11:51:31 AM
Quote from: Kikimalou on December 09, 2016, 08:24:04 AM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on December 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM

It could be worst....but I think that this is probably the WORST figure ever made by Papo. It looks like a Schleich figure, as I said as soon as I saw the blurry image. Those folds under the neck and tail...my God...

Edit: By the way, I went ahead and took the time to register myself on the STS forum and post here this picture...dont understand why the members already registered were talking about it without pictures...

I read you registered on STS to take the pics and paste them on DTF, I would prefer you asked me, I don't like this way of proceeding. I would never paste a pic from DTF or ATF to STS without asking.
As a STS member I made a walkaround of the polacanthus for STS. As a DTF member, I always show pics of "Before Christmas" models on this forum but I like to do it myself. I'm happy to know most of DTF members were talking about it without pictures, it is very polite and I appreciate a lot. Cheers!

Yeah,that is what happens when you post pictures of an article made by a third company that you don't have any ownership over it, on a public forum on the Internet. It would be totally different if it was a piece of artwork created by yourself, or your face was showing. Then I would have asked for your permission to share it here. I think that you are more than credited having your watermark with your name on the image. Next time I will ask for permission to the photographer of Sideshow just in case he gets mad about me sharing some dinosauria statues here.
Cheers!

I second that, otherwise we wouldn't be allowed to use or link 95% of the pictures that are on the internet. People gets too sensitive and pretentious with such things these days, it is simply a bunch of pictures of a PVC figure, as Albertosaurus said above, nothing more, sounds a bit patronizing to come here and make such a statement like somebody had stolen something from you. And by the way the pictures on STS are about 20, here we have been given just a couple to get an idea of how the model looks like... so yeah, a bit of an overreaction.

I'm sorry to read that kind of things but I guess it is life. People like me are not pretentious,  I'm just enough civilzed to enjoy Brontodocus walkarounds without using his pics on STS (especially without asking) and I know Brontodoncus do the same. it is only a matter of respect between collectors. I hope you would understand, it seems not. too bad

Kikimalou

Quote from: Patrx on December 09, 2016, 03:10:06 PM
Let's try to keep things polite here, folks, there's no call for sarcasm or rudeness.

Quote from: DinoLord on December 09, 2016, 03:28:11 PM
Patrx is right; let's not get too heated folks. It seems the photographer was just expressing their preference; I don't see them accusing anyone of stealing.

Thank you very much.  :)

Takama

Quote from: Kikimalou on December 09, 2016, 05:19:28 PM
Quote from: Patrx on December 09, 2016, 03:10:06 PM

Quote from: DinoLord on December 09, 2016, 03:28:11 PM

Thank you very much.  :)

Kiki, you are a truly a nice guy along with the majority of STS forum. I will admit this forum can get a little eccentric.

DinoToyForum

It could be worst....but I think that this is probably the WORST figure ever made by Papo. It looks like a Schleich figure, as I said as soon as I saw the blurry image. Those folds under the neck and tail...my God...

Edit: By the way, I went ahead and took the time to register myself on the STS forum and post here this picture...dont understand why the members already registered were talking about it without pictures...

I read you registered on STS to take the pics and paste them on DTF, I would prefer you asked me, I don't like this way of proceeding. I would never paste a pic from DTF or ATF to STS without asking.
As a STS member I made a walkaround of the polacanthus for STS. As a DTF member, I always show pics of "Before Christmas" models on this forum but I like to do it myself. I'm happy to know most of DTF members were talking about it without pictures, it is very polite and I appreciate a lot. Cheers!

Yeah,that is what happens when you post pictures of an article made by a third company that you don't have any ownership over it, on a public forum on the Internet. It would be totally different if it was a piece of artwork created by yourself, or your face was showing. Then I would have asked for your permission to share it here. I think that you are more than credited having your watermark with your name on the image. Next time I will ask for permission to the photographer of Sideshow just in case he gets mad about me sharing some dinosauria statues here.
Cheers!

C:-) Since this breaks forum rule 1 ("No intentional personal attacks or rudeness") I'm obliged to issue you a warning and a ban. I'll be lenient and won't make it permanent, just a month. The fact that two moderators felt the need to step in here, plus myself to make three, assures me that this is not an overreaction. Thanks for your understanding. C:-)

Kiki, would you like me to remove those images from this thread? Or, I can include a credit and link to source alongside them. Whatever you prefer. Sorry about this! 8)  :)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Takama on December 09, 2016, 05:47:58 PM
I will admit this forum can get a little crazy, but i guess thats what happens when we have a niche thats often reserved for little kids.

Dinosaurs = for little kids is such an annoying cliche. What exactly makes them more suited for little kids than mammals? NOTHING!
Little kids probably do not even appreciate all the details, especially those who only have a phase.

And I wouldn't call us crazy, more eccentric.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fenestra

For a small, plastic representation of a dinosaur aimed for children (small and big)  ;D to play with,
I think it looks extremely well detailed and colourful.
And according to The Joker: "purple is the new black".  8)

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 09, 2016, 06:10:32 PM
I will admit this forum can get a little crazy, but i guess thats what happens when we have a niche thats often reserved for little kids.

Dinosaurs = for little kids is such an annoying cliche. What exactly makes them more suited for little kids than mammals? NOTHING!

Your right,,   I shall edit the first post, I thoght crazy was to strong a word,

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 09, 2016, 06:10:32 PM

Little kids probably do not even appreciate all the details, especially those who only have a phase.

lol...you really have it out for mammals. Are you actually a reptilian yourself?  :o

Kikimalou

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 09, 2016, 05:52:19 PM

Cheers!

C:-) Since this breaks forum rule 1 ("No intentional personal attacks or rudeness") I'm obliged to issue you a warning and a ban. I'll be lenient and won't make it permanent, just a month. The fact that two moderators felt the need to step in here, plus myself to make three, assures me that this is not an overreaction. Thanks for your understanding. C:-)

Kiki, would you like me to remove those images from this thread? Or, I can include a credit and link to source alongside them. Whatever you prefer. Sorry about this! 8)  :)

Hello Adam and thank you.  Of course you can use those pics. I don't need credit or link, indeed I like to share but I like to do it myself.
  :) As usual, I opened a walkaround on STS first about "before Christmas" Papo. Nevertheless, I used also to post some pics on DTF because, even if I'm a newbie, I don't forget I'm a very ancient newbie on DTF  ^-^. This time someone was faster than me...
If someone needs more pics, feel free to ask, I can't remember the day I say no.

Saurox

Wow. What on earth can you contribute to this thread after that.  :o Very sad and quite unnecessary and just a major buzzkill.

suspsy

One of the things I love about this forum is how little rudeness there is. And whenever it does rear its ugly head, it gets taken care of promptly! :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Saurox

Quote from: suspsy on December 09, 2016, 08:33:47 PM
One of the things I love about this forum is how little rudeness there is. And whenever it does rear its ugly head, it gets taken care of promptly! :)

I was really disappointed with how this situation was sorted. The issue appeared to have been resolved between the two posters. What followed was patronising and unnecessary. 

To admonish and punish simultaneously is just unethical. For example if I were to issue a 'warning' any punishment should retrospective, not immediate. It is like telling your child that if they do something naughty again you will take their toys off of them for a bit, then immediately doing so.

So I feel a bit let down.

Verahin

I think the ban to Albertosaurus is unfair too. He might have used sarcasm in his response but sincerely what forbidden or wrong thing he's done for being called out by the other guy? As I don't want to keep the OT going any further I won't say anything more about that, but I felt the need to PM the guy from STS and explain him my point of view, hopefully he won't perceive it as a personal attack but simply as my own ideas.

Now on I'm going to be back on topic.

suspsy

Quote from: Sentry on December 09, 2016, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 09, 2016, 08:33:47 PM

I was really disappointed with how this situation was sorted. The issue appeared to have been resolved between the two posters. What followed was patronising and unnecessary. 

To admonish and punish simultaneously is just unethical. For example if I were to issue a 'warning' any punishment should retrospective, not immediate. It is like telling your child that if they do something naughty again you will take their toys off of them for a bit, then immediately doing so.

So I feel a bit let down.

. . . nooooo, it wasn't resolved between the two of them at all. Don't know how you got that impression, but it doesn't matter now.

I'm very curious to see how big the Polacanthus is compared to the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus. I hope it's not insanely huge. Be nice to have another little herbivore in the mix.

Have to say too, I'm surprised Papo hasn't made any more baby dinosaurs recently.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PumperKrickel

deleted

Saurox

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on December 09, 2016, 09:23:17 PM
I think it´s great that Papo gets a little more daring in their paintschemes, even though I´m not sure a purple Polacanthus was the best choice. I just hope the rumors are true and we´re getting a decent Iguanodon.

Agreed.

I hope it's an improvement on the safari Iguanodon- which in my opinion is arguable the best model of one out there (that is affordable).

Quote from: suspsy on December 09, 2016, 09:20:24 PM
I'm very curious to see how big the Polacanthus is compared to the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus. I hope it's not insanely huge. Be nice to have another little herbivore in the mix.

Have to say too, I'm surprised Papo hasn't made any more baby dinosaurs recently.

I thinking it will be around the same kind of size as the Ankylosaurus- it looks as though they might have used the Ankylosaurus as their base scult ala styracosaurus = pachyrhinosaurus.

On the point about baby papos, I definitely agree that they are missing out given the success of Rebor scout series. 

Verahin

Having seen the full gallery of pictures I'd say it definitely is the same size as the Ankylosaurus. I can't recall if the size estimates for the two animals in real life are similar, but I'm looking forward to display them together anyway.

Takama

Quote from: Verahin on December 09, 2016, 09:59:42 PM
Having seen the full gallery of pictures I'd say it definitely is the same size as the Ankylosaurus. I can't recall if the size estimates for the two animals in real life are similar, but I'm looking forward to display them together anyway.

Polacanthus is a fragmentary species, and i think the only reason Papo made one is because Of Walking With Dinosaurs.

Estimates for Polacanthus are about 4 meters long

While Ankylosaurus grew up to 6 meters long

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: