News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Wow Fukuiraptor!!!  You must have a huge place to keep all your stash... Beautiful and amazing collections!  :o
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

celsius

Besides dinosaurs I collect (or used to) DC Directs. Megos BOTH 13" and 8" MOTU Classics. I went through a weird phse of collecting dolls of dieties...so I have Jesus, to Kali, Thor, Chinese Goddess of Spring, Buddha...so many....all around 11 to 12" and clothed....so theyre like the ultimate super powers team...LOL
and speaking of which I collect DC Tonner 16" heroines.

EmperorDinobot

Here is my Batman Collection.

Here's some better pics of the complex:

Airspace:

Starting with the comic style shelf:

KFN Batmobile, Legends, Batlink Vehicles, Mattel Comic Style Batmobile (the worst one ever). Mine's got the pre-re-call pointy fins.

Shrine of Robin

Mattel Comic Styles

Legend of Batman:

KFN+ Hasbro figs from '97-'99 + Superman: Man of Steel, JLA.

Legends of The Dark Knight

Animated Shelf
The Batman vehicles + Proto

Mission Masters 2,3,4, JLU and Brave and The Bold

The Batman (it's really full)

Batman: The Animated Series

The New Batman Adventures + Mission Masters 1, some JLU TNBA style villains and other TNBA style Batmen

Batman Beyond

The top

Movie Figures
Vehicles Burton movies (sans aerial vehicles, since they are hanging)

Batman and Robin vehicles

Nolan Trilogy

Batman and Robin

Batman Forever (I have pretty much everything from this line except two Target exclusive figures, the Batboat, and the Triple Action Vehicle set)

Tim Burton movies (The Dark Knight Collection and Batman Returns)

Airspace

Batplane, Skybat, MM Batsignal jet, KB Toys 3ple attack Jet

Always shifting
BTAS, TNBA vehicles

Nightsphere and food premiums

Hot Wheels Collection + Micro stuff (Not pictured are Riddler Face, Batman Face, Batmobile Gotham from Forever and Microverse Mr. Freeze's observatory. They don't quite...fit. This is a work in progress.

Hall of Doom (most of these aren't Batman related, but sometimes I give them equivalents of figures that don't exist yet, like Lyle Bolton (Lock-up) being that Gi-Joe extreme figure. I plan on spraypainting him black and grey. Also featured are B&R's Mr. Freeze Lab, and Fortress.

Guess whooo?!

If anybody wants individual pics of individual Batmen, let me know. My Kenner Collection is 80% complete, the Mattel one is a lot less complete, mostly due to unreleased or European exclusives, and modern Batman I've had to pass on, such as millions of Begins, TDK, TDKR 3.5 figures, and many other comic style figs. I honestly have no more space for anything else.

deanm

:o :o :o Wow  :o :o :o  That is fantastic!!!

EmperorDinobot

Wait 'till you see the rest, though never as impressive as the Batman collection. I've acquired nearly 100 items since I took this picture in uh...late November. I need to shoot my Transformers collection, and my Bionicles, my Zoids, and I've got a dinosaur/JP collection thread in the collections thread, but the site has been 'in construction' for several months. I have big plans for the dinosaur area, I've just been to lazy/busy to carry them out, though I have all the materials. It's gonna be like building a hamburger.

Ok so here are all my Power Rangers Season 1-4 Megazords:

Takama

I cant wait to you post the Bionicles.  I loved them :-*, untill they were Cancelled  >:(

EmperorDinobot

They had a healthy run. I feel sad about their end, but when I think about it in terms of SPACE, I am kind of glad they ended. I would not have been able to fit any more.

My collection is a bit disorganized and ugly currently. Let's just say I have all the Toa except for Mata Nui, Big Mata Nui and Shadow Takanuva, a ton of Matoran, complete series per year, Kardas Dragon, Voporak, several Makuta, all the Vahki (on sale), and several Borhok.

tyrantqueen

That's a very impressive Batman collection. I used to have some of those Zords too, the dragonzord and the white eagle.

docronnie

Holy Cow! That's an Amazingly Awesome Batman collection, EmperorDinobot!  :o
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

You should see what else I've got in store. I've been working on modernizing my jp collection, but the process is taking wayyy too long, and I've been lazy, not to mention that I am dealing with a population problem, and while I've got three large walls chock-full of shelves, there is little room for infrastructural improvements, in other words, I can't make this clutter look more like a city and less than a museum.

CityRaptor

Ah, yes. I think population problems are rather common.  A reason why I only limit myself to Kaiju and Permain and Mesozoic Critters, Figure-wise.

Those are a lot of Batmen.  Are all of those actually used suits or just some of the wild toy-only Designs?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

I had that Killer Croc figure when i was younger, and i used it as a monster that lived among Dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

I see figures from Batman & Robin (the 1997 Schumacher film). Now that is collecting dedication ;)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 24, 2013, 10:39:16 PM
Ah, yes. I think population problems are rather common.  A reason why I only limit myself to Kaiju and Permain and Mesozoic Critters, Figure-wise.

Those are a lot of Batmen.  Are all of those actually used suits or just some of the wild toy-only Designs?

Yeah. You could say that. Elitist collectors don't respect me because I collected all these variants, but hey, they too are a part of action figure history, the golden age, I should say.

And Tyrantqueen, be nice. The movie sucked, yes, and even when I was 8 yrs old I did not enjoy it, but I enjoyed the toys, and I still do. The only B&R figures I do NOT have are the Batman Forever Repaints. I don't have too many repaints. I try to keep them all as a single mold thing.

Well, yes. So did somebody say....Bionicle? Bionicle?
These are old pics, I've set up the collection in a bit of a different way, but it's still the same stuff with some Makuta additioNS:

I've gotten more since then, separated Kardas, etc.

The Vahki are on sale btw

My favorite Toa

Hey does anybody remember those Galoob New Adventures of Jonny Quest toys? I got a few of those as well:

Don't mind the Neo-Shifters below. They are on sale.

I've actually acquired a new vehicle since then, so I will update pics as time go.

I also have these:

They are also...on sale. Sadly I need to get rid of them in the interest of $ for more dinosaurs and space for more dinosaurs.

Takama

Great collection of Bionicle.  Most of mine have been disasembled into MOCs (My Own Creation) the only ones that remain together are the Inika and 2009s sets

Quen

I have a collection of Skilcraft Visible models that my dad built for me when I was 6. I have a bunch of books and DVDs. I'm re-starting a collection of toy canines after my mother threw out all my toys a few years back.

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 27, 2013, 10:09:26 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on March 24, 2013, 10:39:16 PM

Yeah. You could say that. Elitist collectors don't respect me because I collected all these variants, but hey, they too are a part of action figure history, the golden age, I should say.

And Tyrantqueen, be nice. The movie sucked, yes, and even when I was 8 yrs old I did not enjoy it, but I enjoyed the toys, and I still do. The only B&R figures I do NOT have are the Batman Forever Repaints. I don't have too many repaints. I try to keep them all as a single mold thing.

Well, yes. So did somebody say....Bionicle? Bionicle?
These are old pics, I've set up the collection in a bit of a different way, but it's still the same stuff with some Makuta additioNS:

I've gotten more since then, separated Kardas, etc.

The Vahki are on sale btw

My favorite Toa

Hey does anybody remember those Galoob New Adventures of Jonny Quest toys? I got a few of those as well:

Don't mind the Neo-Shifters below. They are on sale.

I've actually acquired a new vehicle since then, so I will update pics as time go.

I also have these:

They are also...on sale. Sadly I need to get rid of them in the interest of $ for more dinosaurs and space for more dinosaurs.

Wonderful and amazing collection of bionicle  ^-^. I have some figures of this line of magnificents figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

I also got three 1:18 Scale Cars, though i will admit, they are very dusty, as i havent touched them in ages.

Lamberghini Gallardo Superleggera

Corvette ZO6

BillyHayes

Quote from: stoneage on March 19, 2012, 12:53:54 AM
Quote from: Lady medusa on March 17, 2012, 01:13:21 AM
Quote from: Zopteryx on March 16, 2012, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: Lady medusa on March 16, 2012, 09:21:23 PM
top off my list i have a large live animal collection :). I have a 95gal marine tank with fish and corals and i have a large number of reptiles; mainly snakes.

Cool! I have a 60gal reef tank & a Carpet Python. ;D

Oh thats awesome! When i move im goin to be upgrading to a 120g. This time im goin to build a crazy rockscape and use only led light. Ive found some cheap awesome reef LEDs that are by a hydroponics company. I did have 2 marine tanks(2x95g) one was fish only and one was a reef but a few months ago my reef tank busted! Like entire front glass GONE!! So i had to combine the two :(. lost 90% of the reef tank animals! I have 1 acropora and several soft corals left but the rest are toast!

As for snakes, no pythons but id love to have a whitelip python and a viper boa!
I mainly have kings, gophers(pines), and exotic rat snakes. I have a few lizards too! My green basilisks are my babies!

What caused the glass to break?  I use to keep tropical fish.  I did have the heater go out and raise the water temperature drastically.  I lost a lot of fish then.  I also had problems when the Air Conditioning in the house went out for several days.

Just love those creatures.. I have huge collection of animations movies of these creatures

Remko

I mainly collect 1/50th scale (heavy haulage) trucks, cranes and construction equipment. The animal collections are just a secondary hobby.
My other collections are DVD/Blu-Ray movies, and books. Books about everything. I have many books about prehistoric life, animals in general, but also books about movies ("Making of" and "Art of"), fantasy art books, graphic novels, technology (ships, aircraft, construction equipment), architecture and astronomy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: