News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich: New for 2018

Started by Takama, July 31, 2017, 10:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: RolandEden on December 13, 2017, 09:59:32 PM
Are you sure Tawa and Psittacosaurus were sculpt by Vlad?

He himself said so on his Facebook Page.   

spinosaurus1

i knew that pcittacosaurus looked familiar!man, schleich would be leaps and bounds better then it has ever been if they have him create sculpts for the future.

Sim

Quote from: Takama on December 13, 2017, 10:04:29 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on December 13, 2017, 09:59:32 PM
Are you sure Tawa and Psittacosaurus were sculpt by Vlad?

He himself said so on his Facebook Page.   

There's this on DeviantArt too: https://swordlord3d.deviantart.com/journal/Schleich-dinosaurs-2018-719880934

Quote from: Takama on December 13, 2017, 09:55:06 PM
Well the Tawa and Pisttacosaurus were both sculpted by someone who actually knows more then a thing or two about dinosaurs.

They were sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov, the guy who worked on the Stomping lands Tyrannosaurus

Personally, I find the Schleich Tawa disappointing.  Its feet are enormous, and I find feather patches on otherwise featherless dinosaurs looks unconvincing and ugly.

Reptilia

Well the Tawa and Pisttacosaurus were both sculpted by someone who actually knows more then a thing or two about dinosaurs.

They were sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov, the guy who worked on the Stomping lands Tyrannosaurus

Great, he is one of my favourite paleoartists! I knew that Psittacosaurus was too good to be from one of the usual Schleich sculptors. The Tawa on the other hand is quite bad, I can't see his style in that sculpt. He said that he did one more, either the Triceratops or the Dinogorgon I guess. He also confirmed that it's meant to represent P. sibiricus, now I'm definitely interested to get his pieces (minus the Tawa). That's really great news, I hope Schleich will hire him again in the coming years.

Irritation

I want to see him work on other prehistoric creatures.

Rain

I absolutely love the way he does his Tyrannosaurs, if that wasn't already obvious from my avatar. It's a shame Schleich didn't let him make their latest one.

Reptilia

They had the chance to update the Therizinosaurus by giving him the job, instead of simply rehash the existing figure. Schleich could pull out an amazing line by hiring such kind of artists, they certainly have the money and appeal to do that.

CityRaptor

Instead they made they made it red and black and evil all over. Or let the Therizinosaurus make his own dark and edgy OC. But then again, Schleich really likes red repaints.

Interesting.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Thats a great news. Vlad is one of my favourite 3D artists. I think the other could dinogorgon or oviraptor. I hope they gave him a chance in the future to remake some dinosaurs like therizinosaurus, he made one for the isle/stomping land that looks a crazy mix of a sloth, ostrich and anteater. If Schleich hired a paleoartist, probably they are stating to care the accuracy, slowly but this is a small step

stargatedalek

The Tawa is definitely his style, minimal feathering clinging to the animals skin and shrink-wrapped. Not saying it's bad stylistically, just that it's not accurate and honestly I don't recall any of his models ever being accurate.

Appalachiosaurus

He also did a few of the animals for the Isle and Dinosaur Revolution. If Schleich lets him take over, they could quickly jump to the top of the collector companies! If only they chose better color schemes.

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 14, 2017, 03:51:53 PM
The Tawa is definitely his style, minimal feathering clinging to the animals skin and shrink-wrapped. Not saying it's bad stylistically, just that it's not accurate and honestly I don't recall any of his models ever being accurate.

He's definitely better at scaly dinosaurs, feathers aren't exactly his forte.

Shonisaurus

The tawa is fabulous is also a very dark figure, I honestly do not see any defect. I think he's a great figure. '

On the other hand, psittacosaurus makes a very good pair with Safari. It is a great figure and perfectly painted. I understand that in this year Schleich has made figures out of the ordinary, the best made to date by this company.  8)

Without continuing, they will be as brilliant as companies such as Papo, Safari and Collecta.

sauroid

Quote from: Rain on December 14, 2017, 02:59:58 AM
I absolutely love the way he does his Tyrannosaurs, if that wasn't already obvious from my avatar. It's a shame Schleich didn't let him make their latest one.
maybe 2019's Schleich Tyrannosaurus would be made by him. Schleich makes new Tyrannosaurus every year (almost) anyway.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

I never noticed this Psittacosaurus till just now after seeing comments above about Vlad Konstantinov doing sculpts for Schleich while browsing through the threads of this forum...this is the first time Scleich has made a model that truly is good!Good enough to actually tell at first glance that it is P. sibiricus.A very accurate one too! :o
This is certainly a step in the right direction. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ZoPteryx

Hopefully Schleich will continue to hire this guy.  Their dinosaurs could improve by leaps and bounds if they do!  :o

Shonisaurus

Hiring Schleich to a paleoartist as mentioned by several members of the forum among others Rolandeden gives me the impression that the rest of the dinosaur toy companies should start to be concerned about the competition that will disrupt a Schleich with figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals precise.

It seems to me very well, in fact I perceived it with the new tyrannosaurus and the carnotaurus and not to say that its new figures are of an excellent quality. The more competition there is between the companies, the better the quality of the figures of the prehistoric animals, being the dinosaurs obviously the favorite figures of any company. It is great news. I do not know the work of the new paleo artist Vlad Konstantinov but his figures are quite good and impressive.  :)

Reptilia

The picture of Tawa I posted earlier in this thread, which is undoubtedly the inspiration for the Schleich figure, is from another artist. I find strange that Vlad Konstantinov ripped off that design instead of coming up with something of his own. Someone should ask him via social media.

John

Quote from: Reptilia on December 15, 2017, 11:28:06 PM
The picture of Tawa I posted earlier in this thread, which is undoubtedly the inspiration for the Schleich figure, is from another artist. I find strange that Vlad Konstantinov ripped off that design instead of coming up with something of his own. Someone should ask him via social media.
It may not be a good idea to harass an artist on Facebook by asking him why he is a "rip off" when it comes to some of his work.
Doing that could well end with him telling you to go do something with yourself that rhymes with "cluck"... ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Moldovan0731

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 14, 2017, 03:51:53 PM

While his T. rex and Triceratops have a bit of speculation (feathers, quills, osteoderm on the head of the T. rex), I don't see any inaccuracy about them, maybe I'm wrong though.

sauroid

i hope Schleich comissions other paleo artists for their future releases, not just Konstantinov
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: