News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

There are images of the Ankylosaurus in the other Safari thread, the one dedicated to leaks.

Irritation

Quote from: Archosauria on October 13, 2017, 03:38:04 AM
I saw some people earlier in the thread say that Safari will be releasing an Ankylosaur, but I didn't see anything that looks like an Ankylosaur in the images or teaser video. I saw a Titanosaur of some kind, the Deodon, and the Mastodon, but I never came across anything that resembles a Thyreophoran of any kind.

So how was it discovered that they were making an Ankylosaur?

I've wanted Safari to make another Ankylosaur for quite some time now. Their Carnegie Anky is absolutely superb!
Did you see it at a leaks/fakes post?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Irritation on October 13, 2017, 03:55:39 AM
Quote from: Archosauria on October 13, 2017, 03:38:04 AM
I saw some people earlier in the thread say that Safari will be releasing an Ankylosaur, but I didn't see anything that looks like an Ankylosaur in the images or teaser video. I saw a Titanosaur of some kind, the Deodon, and the Mastodon, but I never came across anything that resembles a Thyreophoran of any kind.

So how was it discovered that they were making an Ankylosaur?

I've wanted Safari to make another Ankylosaur for quite some time now. Their Carnegie Anky is absolutely superb!
Did you see it at a leaks/fakes post?

Have you seen an unspecified titanosaurus? From what you say it seems that this year they are going to make a saltasaurus for example.

Ankylosaurus is something known. I've seen the photos.

Archosauria

I finally found the pictures of the new Ankylosaurus.

It looks amazing! It's probably my favorite out of what's been revealed so far.

I'm excited to see the Titanosaur.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Archosauria on October 13, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

Where did you find titanosaurus photos? Could you pass the links to forum members or is it a secret business issue that only you know?

As far as the ankylosaurus is also my favorite figure next to the mastodon americanum, for now ... we will have to wait for more figures of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs to reveal the prehistoric animals par excellence.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Mironimus on October 13, 2017, 02:14:34 AM
Well, I don't know if it's a thylacine, it just looked somewhat thylacine to me, at first sight.
I just saw the blurry picture and thought that could be a thylacine, I didn't had in mind anymore where this picture popped up on the map.
;)

that was my thought too and frankly I don't know if the species are all necessarily geographically tied to where they are on that map but I did question why a thylacine would be shown in Asia. I know virtually nothing about extinct mammals but you had the same approach/instinct I did. Anyway not a big deal for me as it's not one I would get anyway (not in my taxonomic wheelhouse) but now very curious as to what it could be.

Shonisaurus

I am 100% sure that Miromimus is aware of Safari news. If he says it's a thylacine, he is. The hyaenodon was news trap. Although it is represented scratched the thylacine is that we know it was scratched.  :)

Here is more than one member of the forum who knows more of the new developments but maintain a pact of silence with the company Safari.  >:D  I am sure, this increases the possibilities for the conjectures and it is more to elucubrar what prehistoric animals will offer us this endearing company this year. 

Bokisaurus

Well, not a photo, but it gives you a pretty good idea what to expect as far as one of the sauropods.
This is from the pages of the latest issue of Prehistoric Times magazine, I just got it today. So, it should be safe to share since it is not public.
From the looks of it, it looks like a stocky sauropod, with a shorter neck. Looks very cool so far.
My guess is Jobaria or Alamosaurus, with Camarasaurus as a third ^-^
[
Enjoy, and let the guessing game continue :))

Shonisaurus

It's amazing! I think it's a sauropod that has never done Safari. I do not think it's a camarasaurus. That jowl in the skull gives an image of a new dinosaur not made so far by Safari. This is starting to really amuse me.  :)

For me it is better that the news come from very late in the afternoon and follow the game of riddles, but to my understanding that should not be a camarasaurus is a new sauropod I repeat and quite exotic.  :D

Thank you very much for the Bokisaurus information.

Takama

Reptilia

The spikes on top of the neck makes me think it'll be a companion to this year's Diplodocus, same sculptor. So not a Doug Watson piece, if I recall correctly.

PhilSauria

It's a new Sauropod so it has my attention already,and with about a third of my collection being these majestic animals and given the quality of Safari's recent releases I have reserved a spot for it in my herd, not to mention continuing to set aside funding for these! Can't wait for the full reveal. Just hope that it has a more naturalistic colour scheme than that Diplodocus.

suspsy

Camarasaurus certainly deserves some plastic love. If not from Safari, then hopefully from CollectA.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

The smaller ones look like camarasaurus and the bigger one argentinosaurus to me.  It's hard to tell if they're two different figures, if the silhouettes were modified for pose diversity, or if they're from different angles. I just hope it's as big as the larger Carnegie Sauropods.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Archosauria

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 13, 2017, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: Archosauria on October 13, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

Where did you find titanosaurus photos? Could you pass the links to forum members or is it a secret business issue that only you know?

As far as the ankylosaurus is also my favorite figure next to the mastodon americanum, for now ... we will have to wait for more figures of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs to reveal the prehistoric animals par excellence.

I think it was on Safari's Facebook page. It was in one of their teaser images. It was just a red striped toeless leg.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Archosauria

-Steve Miller

Archosauria

Ok so there was the striped toe-less Titanosaur, and a green single-toed sauropod.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152799914@N06/with/37030954713/

-Steve Miller

Archosauria

I don't know what species they are, but I love their colorations.

-Steve Miller

John

The carharodontosaurid tracks in the mud in the ad seems to give the titanosaur away as Argentinosaurus.
Now I wonder what the green one is?...The limb proportions are a pretty close match to those of Camarasaurus... ;)

Time will tell whether I know what I'm talking about or not... ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Archosauria

I'm thinking it'll be an Argentinosaurus and a Camarasaurus or Saltasaurus

-Steve Miller

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: