You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW PICS 09/03/21 Sauroid Collection

Started by sauroid, October 02, 2017, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

loved Schleich during this era

thanks Shoni, Lanthanotus and Jose.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

I also yearn for that Schleich era with its dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from the Humbold Museum in Berlin and its little man Hans. I also miss the time when dinosaur companies such as Schleich, Carnegie or Collecta made large figures of sauropods, even Papo.  :) To date only the Safari amargasaurus has been a joy for my eyes in relation to large PVC dinosaurs.

sauroid

i actually loved those prehistoric Schleich figures made between 2000 and 2010 (with a very few exceptions).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bokisaurus

Ah yes, the good old days of Schleich ;) I'm very fond of the original Replicasaurus line to be honest.

PhilSauria

We seem to be getting a lot of juvenile versions of figures at the moment - if anyone had the various versions of these Schleich releases there's your juvenile versions way back when. They've downsized so many figures over the years they must be saving a lot on plastic!

Roselaar

Aah, old Schleich... There's a few good figures there to be sure and you definitely got some there. ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 27, 2018, 08:34:08 PM
We seem to be getting a lot of juvenile versions of figures at the moment - if anyone had the various versions of these Schleich releases there's your juvenile versions way back when. They've downsized so many figures over the years they must be saving a lot on plastic!

I totally agree with you PhilSauria. In the case of Schleich before they made figures with a more acceptable size, and that seems to be something generalized in many other companies.

My opinion (the same is a wrong theory) is that they are making smaller figures of mass production due to the environmental problem.  :D

sauroid

yes we miss those big figures. i hope they start making them big again.
JP Stego, the old and ugly Mojo Fun Velociraptor, the huge hollow Jasman Carnotaurus and Dilophosaurus, Safari Ltd minis, the ancient CollectA baby Spino, AAA Stego

SEGA dino king (hollow/med size) Pawpawsaurus, Shantungosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops (orange var.), Pentaceratops and Achelousaurus

Fame Master

sauroid

SEGA vignetteum Amargasaurus and (cheekless) Triceratops with baby

Shonisaurus

Sega makes very good figures, was in my case about to buy Sega's vinyl styracosaurus but I regretted it for economic reasons.

I congratulate you sauroide are very nice and very cool acquisitions. ^-^

BrontoScorpio

Congrats on the SEGA vignetteum Amargasaurus.
I was looking for one myself.

sauroid

they are old pics and i need to update those pics asap.

thanks. :D

sauroid

haven't updated this thread in a while.
two versions of the Yujin Acanthostega

EIKOH Pachycephalosaurus

EIKOH Parasaurolophus
sleeping cat wallpaper

sauroid

acquisitions during the past several months:
Bullyland Mastodonsaurus

NAT Latimeria

image to url
a classic

Lanthanotus

Hmm, that Yujin Acanthostega is a beaut :) ... and congrats on getting your hands on the elusive Mastodonsaurus, top figure!

Shonisaurus

avatar_sauroid @sauroid I congratulate you on your new acquisitions especially for the prehistoric amphibian mastodonsaurus from Bullyland which in my personal opinion is the most beautiful amphibian figure on the toy market.

Concavenator

Congrats on that Mastodonsaurus, it is a brilliant and very rare piece!

sauroid

Halichoeres

Glad to see you posting here again. Your photography skills have improved!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 09, 2020, 03:25:00 PM
Glad to see you posting here again. Your photography skills have improved!
lol thanks. using a new phone vs the old pics i took 8-10 years ago using an old phone

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: