News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Well, my mom promised me to take me to see this as a X-Mas present.   Yes I think that the voices in the trailers are annoying, but I can get used to it.    It isn't often that I get to see a Dinosaur film in Theaters.  One of the things I said to myself about Speckles the Tarbosaurus is, "Don't call it a Documentary" and I feel I must say the same for this film.

scallenger

With my experience in ripping music from the rear channels of films and etc, you know, there MAY be a chance that when the BluRay/DVD comes out that one could make their own non-language version of the film. The Dialogue is usually isolated on the center channel, in most cases, and one could just remove that. You may in turn remove some of the definition of the music/sound effects, but it could make for a better experience for us. ;)
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on December 08, 2013, 05:47:20 PM
With my experience in ripping music from the rear channels of films and etc, you know, there MAY be a chance that when the BluRay/DVD comes out that one could make their own non-language version of the film. The Dialogue is usually isolated on the center channel, in most cases, and one could just remove that. You may in turn remove some of the definition of the music/sound effects, but it could make for a better experience for us. ;)

Interesting..could be a cool project.

Balaur

A few times I played a movie, but the talking of the people wasn't playing, but the score and visuals where. Is what your talking about the same I am? Sorry if that made no sense.

SpartanSquat

I support this man!
Or the DVD will have a non language version?

SBell

Given that a clip is currently circulating, everyone should calm down about narration. Instead, the dinosaurs are talking. It's like Disney's Dinosaur if they tried to maintain realistic visuals.

Literally. There are even poo jokes.

Balaur

Quote from: SBell on December 08, 2013, 09:31:36 PM
Given that a clip is currently circulating, everyone should calm down about narration. Instead, the dinosaurs are talking. It's like Disney's Dinosaur if they tried to maintain realistic visuals.

Literally. There are even poo jokes.

Even my inner six-year old self doesn't find any of the jokes funny. Ugh....

Hermes888

I've been watching some of the new trailers from the official Walking With Dinosaurs 3D YouTube page, and almost all of them have the same poo joke.
http://youtu.be/uSCQ7GDPHDg
If, out of all the jokes in the entire film, this one is the highlight they choose to use in advertising, the rest of the film may be unbearable to listen to.

tyrantqueen

They made a joke about Gorgosaurus having tiny arms...how hilarious ::) If they're going to include humour, couldn't they have come up with something original?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think we're expecting too much from a film geared towards a generation raised on the likes of Family Guy and South Park.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 01:28:06 AM
I think we're expecting too much from a film geared towards a generation raised on the likes of Family Guy and South Park.
Hmmm, very true. But people let their kids watch those cartoons? I thought those were for adults only :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 09, 2013, 01:51:09 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 01:28:06 AM
Hmmm, very true. But people let their kids watch those cartoons? I thought those were for adults only :o

That's the rating..but when has that ever mattered ? When it's easily accessible kid's will find it...not that many parents aren't paying any real attention to their kids anyway right ?

HD-man

Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 07:15:26 PMThanks for the video. I feel a lot better now!

Anytime!

Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 07:15:26 PMYep, it totally feels like Dinosaur Revolution all over again. Yeah, I guess language of narration won't be as annoying, and just be background noise. That sounds like a good idea. ;)

Thanks. :)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

tyrantqueen

QuoteYep, it totally feels like Dinosaur Revolution all over again. Yeah, I guess language of narration won't be as annoying, and just be background noise. That sounds like a good idea.
But Dinosaur Revolution was really good. They didn't even have voice overs for the dinosaurs, although they did have an annoying narrator. I'm more bothered with the fact that they called it "Walking With Dinosaurs", because the general public will go and see it because they think it has something to do with the original BBC series. It's basically just piggybacking off the original series' popularity.
That's the rating..but when has that ever mattered ? When it's easily accessible kid's will find it...not that many parents aren't paying any real attention to their kids anyway right ?
I wouldn't know...my parents were very strict about what I was allowed to watch when I was growing up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 09, 2013, 02:39:05 AM
QuoteYep, it totally feels like Dinosaur Revolution all over again. Yeah, I guess language of narration won't be as annoying, and just be background noise. That sounds like a good idea.
But Dinosaur Revolution was really good. They didn't even have voice overs for the dinosaurs, although they did have an annoying narrator. I'm more bothered with the fact that they called it "Walking With Dinosaurs", because the general public will go and see it because they think it has something to do with the original BBC series. It's basically just piggybacking off the original series' popularity.
I wouldn't know...my parents were very strict about what I was allowed to watch when I was growing up.

As were mine. But I can see it in the kids now..so many are just left alone to do as they will. It's quite depressing and OT so I'll drop it. 

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 09, 2013, 04:40:12 AM

As were mine. But I can see it in the kids now..so many are just left alone to do as they will. It's quite depressing and OT so I'll drop it.

Well kids like that are not me! ^-^ Other kids laugh at poo jokes and I'm like " be mature ". Ugh, it's like they're 6. *yuck*
like a bantha!

Balaur

Quote from: alexeratops on December 09, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Well kids like that are not me! ^-^ Other kids laugh at poo jokes and I'm like " be mature ". Ugh, it's like they're 6. *yuck*

Oh, I know. I'm in high school and there are 10th graders who act like 4 years olds. Anyways, enough distraction, lets get back on topic.

tyrantqueen

It's great to hear that you guys are mature for your age...but at the same time don't forget to treasure your childhood. I remember being a kid and thinking how it would last forever, and before you know it, it's gone. I miss my childhood :-X

Sorry for the thread derailing, but I had to give my

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on December 09, 2013, 03:29:35 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 09, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Oh, I know. I'm in high school and there are 10th graders who act like 4 years olds. Anyways, enough distraction, lets get back on topic.
Same here. I have met many 4 year old seventh graders  :-\. I mean, its fun being a kid but...seriously people, you don't need to go that far >:(!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Okay guys.  I only meant to illustrate the mindset of some of those who created this movie and the people they made it for.

Next post needs to be on topic please.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: