News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Yes, those Movie Posters are kinda spoilerific, aren't they?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2013, 07:34:15 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 16, 2013, 07:11:47 PM
Out of curiosity, not counting the humans: Is there anyone else besides Patchi, Scowler, Juniper and Alex who "talks"?

I think " young Patchi " was enough for me.. lol I mean he sounded really off. I'm hoping the adult versions sound better.

Well, I would be prepared. And adult Patchi should sound better, atleast slightly, since it is not an adult man trying to pass off as a kid. That usually ends up with a fake sounding kid or one with a deep voice.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

I can understand why they just called the Pterosaur a Pterosaur, I have no trouble with that. Heck its could of been worse, they could of called it a Pterodactyl.

Balaur

No it's not okay. There are so many different types of pterosaurs. It's like calling an Albertosaurus a theropod. Why couldn't they just say Quetzalcoatlus? Too hard to remember?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Too hard for the target audience..REALLY young kids is my guess...though most of us could say names like that when we were 6. lol

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2013, 01:07:06 AM
Too hard for the target audience..REALLY young kids is my guess...though most of us could say names like that when we were 6. lol
Haha- my mom can probably relate. When I was little, I'd tell her about Stygimoloch and the like, and she'd say, "What?..."
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 17, 2013, 04:58:43 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2013, 01:07:06 AM
Haha- my mom can probably relate. When I was little, I'd tell her about Stygimoloch and the like, and she'd say, "What?..."

I recall trying to " school " my elders on dinosaur names..I spent an hour teaching my grandmother's sister how to say Archeopteryx...then she threw me out. lol

CityRaptor

Well, my parents know some basics about it.

As for the target audience: I remember that the last time I encountered little kids in a museum, every Theropod was Tyrannosaurus rex...including Carnotaurus, who at the time was a lead in Dinosaur King. Also Giganotosaurus and Herrerasaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 17, 2013, 06:53:27 AM

As for the target audience: I remember that the last time I encountered little kids in a museum, every Theropod was Tyrannosaurus rex...including Carnotaurus, who at the time was a lead in Dinosaur King. Also Giganotosaurus and Herrerasaurus.

yep. They all call my juv. Gorgosaurus T-Rex...my Suchomimus was thought to be a " Raptor " by one mother.   I think I'm goign to have to invest in those informational signs after all.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2013, 07:14:30 AM

yep. They all call my juv. Gorgosaurus T-Rex...my Suchomimus was thought to be a " Raptor " by one mother.   I think I'm goign to have to invest in those informational signs after all.
Lol.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 17, 2013, 05:41:24 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2013, 07:14:30 AM

Lol.  ;D

yeah....at least most of the kids know what they are. heh

Chad

Sadly, this looks like it's going to be terrible now. Justin Long as a sassy dinosaur? Plot points straight out of Bambi? Disappointing. I knew they'd have to build a larger narrative for a movie, but I thought they would stick with the basics that made WWD so great. I guess not.

Gwangi

All the reviews I've watched and read so far have been negative for this film. I honestly hope it bombs, maybe these movie executives will take a hint. It really was the added voices that made this film so poorly received.

Balaur

Quote from: Gwangi on December 19, 2013, 03:50:22 PM
All the reviews I've watched and read so far have been negative for this film. I honestly hope it bombs, maybe these movie executives will take a hint. It really was the added voices that made this film so poorly received.

Me too. I real
I really hope they learn from their mistakes.

tyrantqueen

I was doing some reading on Wikipedia about the film's current critical reception, and apparently there is singing in the film!?

QuoteDan Jolin at Empire panned Walking with Dinosaurs as "insipid, bloodless, pseudo-educational and offensively anthropomorphised". Jolin applauded the visual effects but said that "the decision to insert chirp-pop songs and voice the principal dinosaurs" overshadowed the effects.[50] Tom Meek, reviewing for Paste, also praised the effects as "a visual wonderment" but disparaged "the cutesy animal voices and personas". Aside from highlights like the line "Think outside the nest" and the song "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac, Meek was disappointed by the dialogue and choice of music.

Yet another lesson to film makers on how not to make a movie about dinosaurs ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

They did add singing then ?  Or are we talking about background music and credits only stuff ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2013, 06:35:43 PM
They did add singing then ?  Or are we talking about background music and credits only stuff ?

My understanding is that it might actually be a full-on Disney-fied movie with song breaks and all. Plus a sassy John Leguizamo (Sid the Sloth) as the bird-dino. This movie will be a disaster (money wise) and will just serve to keep them from being made, under the reasoning that dinosaurs are not cash-worthy (as opposed to blaming poor choices of the execs),

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on December 19, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

My understanding is that it might actually be a full-on Disney-fied movie with song breaks and all. Plus a sassy John Leguizamo (Sid the Sloth) as the bird-dino. This movie will be a disaster (money wise) and will just serve to keep them from being made, under the reasoning that dinosaurs are not cash-worthy (as opposed to blaming poor choices of the execs),

Well hopefully the upcoming "The Good Dinosaur" and "Jurassic World" will show them that it is not the dinosaurs themselves that prevent cash-flow. Assuming those two movies are actually good.

Roselaar

No songs present. WWD hasn't sunk that low (yet). Occasionally lousy soundtrack though, including a terrible rap song at the end.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on December 19, 2013, 08:40:08 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 19, 2013, 08:23:54 PM

Well hopefully the upcoming "The Good Dinosaur" and "Jurassic World" will show them that it is not the dinosaurs themselves that prevent cash-flow. Assuming those two movies are actually good.

Given what has been seen, and the major delays in both projects, I'm not optimistic. Because they can't take dinosaurs seriously, which is why the projects don't succeed (and why the original JP and WwD did).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: