News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The amargasaurus PNSO is the best amargasaurus made to date. I am always and I will be grateful that you share your photographs with all the members of the forum. For those of us who do not have a camera, as it is my case, unfortunately, for economic reasons, it is a great gift for Bokisaurus and the rest of the members who share the photos for free in DTF without asking for something in return.

My congratulations. On the other hand it reassures me and I am glad that the front claws do not have a scientific defect as other members of the forum have expressed.

Ravonium

While it's not a genus I'm particularly interested in, this does look like the best Amargasaurus to date  :)  Looking forward to seeing the photos of the Mosasaurus and the Mamenchisaurus.

Bokisaurus

Okay, here we go, part 2 of the new PNSO large figures.
I mentioned before that I was lucky enough to get Amazon GC for my birthday so I was able to afford being this trio all at once. It was a very tough choice since they all became available at the same time.
In the end, I opted to get the Mosasaurus and Mamenchi instead of the Opthalmosaurus and Ceratosaurus. Hopefully I can save enough for the next two ;)

Ron the Mosasaurus
So between the Opthalmo and Mosasaurus, I decided on the mosasaurus. I was more intrigued by it. I was not disappointed since this bad boy is so awesome and truly impressive!
Sure there is that doubtful dorsal fin, but it does add a different layer of interest to the figure. After all, who knows, maybe one day it would be proven that they did have one.
The sculpting is nothing short of amazing, and the size, this guy is huge!
And yes, it is one solid PVC just like Safari or CollectA, so it is one heavy piece of figure. The level of detail is desktop quality.
[
Unlike the Basilosaurus, the stand on this one is very plain and minimalistic. It is not designed to look like the seafloor like the one on the Basil. Instead, we have a very contemporary design .

Er-ma the Mamenchisaurus[/i]
When this figure was first released as part of the China Post series, I really wanted to get it but didn't have the funds to purchase it. I tried to save up, but it was going for $100+ which is far from my reach. Then the whole PNSO debacle happened, driving the price of it even higher. I was resigned to never owning it.
So when it was re-released again as part of this new series, I jumped on the opportunity while I can! ^-^
It's a beautiful figure and really captures the essence of Mamenchi. It's a little front heavy due to the long and thick neck, a problem that PNSO addressed by including a small metal pin on the base that one of the back foot can be attached to for stability.
Just like the rest, it is solid PVC and not hollow like their first large figures.
It's so great to see some large sized sauropods again. It's along figure, but it is smaller than the Amargasaurus.
[
You can see the metal peg for one of the back foot in this photo of the base
[]
With the Amarga. What a lovely pair!

I'm really amazed by how well these figures are packaged and packed. The inside is lined with styrofoam with the figures cutout to prevent any damage, this is clearly designed for resin figures in mind.
Oh and each one also comes with a booklet that have, in both English and chinese, information and a little story about the animal as well as photos and some illustration of the figure.

A note of colors: PNSO's promo pictures are almost always more vibrant than the final mass produced versions, with a few exceptions. Basically, the more complicated and intricate the colors are, the more subdued the final product will be.
This is very understandable and this is mainly due to keeping the production cost lower especially on PVC figures, which these guys are all.
So don't be surprised or get too attached to those vibrant and fancy colors you see in the promo pics. The few exceptions are the ones that don't have vibrant colors, in this case both the Mamench and Mosasaur are exactly like the promo pics we saw.

Well, there you go, the newest PNSO figures in the the flesh  ^-^ and  not just a mirage  ;D
Thanks for looking, cheers!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

What beautiful acquisitions.  It is a real joy that PNSO have come back with such amazing models for us to buy.  I have to keep pinching myself to make sure it isn't a dream!

Shonisaurus

Magnificent figures of dinosaurs, the PNSO brand is a very large company despite its young age in the market. Honestly to me the mamenchisaurus cost me relatively cheap thanks to Acro-man so I can not complain. I am glad that the members of the forum who could not buy that fabulous PNSO figure now thanks to the return to normality of PNSO can afford this small satisfaction.

I would like that all the versions of Battat in their day for an example of dinosaurs went on sale and did not cost any fan of the dinosaurs and especially the members of the forum what it cost me to get them for high prices and second hand. I hope that one day this will happen.

Leaving this theme the PNSO dinosaurs are a true beauty and let's not say the prehistoric animals of PNSO I already have in my shelves the megalodon and the basilosaurus of PNSO and I am as I say as "child with new shoes" these figures are impressive and I understand that the new versions even surpass their predecessors, as happens with ceratosaurus, ophthalmosaurus, mosasaurus and amargasaurus.

PhilSauria

Great images, as always. I may try to get hold of this one now that I know about the pin in the base to keep it standing.

Though I am a major Sauropod collector I'd seen reviews of the earlier release and didn't like the idea of paying the then asking price for something that kept doing a nose dive onto the table! (You'd think basic properties like balance would have been sorted prior to production).

Ready to throw funds at the Amarg (not a fan of the 'pet' names given to these figures!), so hopefully the Mamench stays around long enough for me to get the dough together for it...and then there's that Mosasaurus! So much desirability and so little cash.

Roselaar

My lord, that Mosasaur is stunning! Definitely going my way first chance I get! :)

Halichoeres

Beautiful photos, thanks! I'm surprised to learn the Mosasaurus is a single solid piece! I'm very tempted.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 05, 2019, 08:14:45 PM
How big is the Mosasaurus compared to other such products?

Thanks everyone! Yes, that mosasaurus is definitely a thing of beauty and grace, so impressive, much more in person, I can't stop holding and admiring it, its that good :D
I don't have a photo of all the new ones together, but here is a photo that should give all of you an idea just how big this one is.
It is not a bulky as these two Kronosaur, much slender, but it is so much longer. It measures a foot (12 inches) from tip-to-tip. He is also lighter than the two since he does not have the extra girth.
[]

suspsy

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 06, 2019, 11:36:09 PM
Quote from: suspsy on February 05, 2019, 08:14:45 PM
How big is the Mosasaurus compared to other such products?

Thanks everyone! Yes, that mosasaurus is definitely a thing of beauty and grace, so impressive, much more in person, I can't stop holding and admiring it, its that good :D
I don't have a photo of all the new ones together, but here is a photo that should give all of you an idea just how big this one is.
It is not a bulky as these two Kronosaur, much slender, but it is so much longer. It measures a foot (12 inches) from tip-to-tip. He is also lighter than the two since he does not have the extra girth.
[]

Wowza! I'm just going to say it: this big boy definitely beats out all the mosasaurs from CollectA and Safari! Can't wait for the review!

Shonisaurus

Well, I was told by an eBay online store (I see that wrongly) that the PNSO mosasaurus was hollow like the megalodon or the basilosaurus of the same brand and that fortunately I already have it on my shelves (immense and beautifully sculpted models) . I am glad that the figure is massive, on the other hand with so many novelties of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that have to be reviewed, I get the impression that the DTB review page will never be finished and fortunately it will always be valid.

I'm dying to have PNSO's amargasaurus and mosasaurus in my hands, in my case it will take at least three weeks.

Bokisaurus

Before anyone ask, here is a comparison of the Mosasaur and the Basila.
Both are impressive figures, just that the Basila is hollow and and Mosasaur solid PVC. They have similar coloring as you can see, but it works well for large oceangoing animals.
The Basila is much longer at 20"inches versus the Mosasaurs 12" long.
It's really an impressive sight to display both together.
[]

My plan is to review this figure, so I am holding out some comparison shot for that ;)

Shonisaurus

Obviously the solid PVC of the mosasaurus PNSO exceeds in quality the hollow PVC of the basilosaurus. Thanks for the photos now I just need to receive my three figures ophthalmosaurus, mosasaurus and amargasaurus and the indominus rex of Nanmu Studio.

Derek.McManus

Good luck with that...hopefully you are not spending the mortgage money on toy dinosaurs? Consider settling down and having a family instead.

Libraraptor

Regarding the Mosasaurus and the Basilosaurus: can one speak of evolutionary convergence?  Did they live in similar habitats?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Derek.McManus on February 08, 2019, 02:36:37 AM
Good luck with that...hopefully you are not spending the mortgage money on toy dinosaurs? Consider settling down and having a family instead.

I think your post is quite impolite (and totally OT).
What if a complete stranger makes comments on a public forum about your life?

suspsy

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 08, 2019, 02:48:47 PM

I second that.

Shonisaurus

D @Derek.McManus If the answer is directed to me, it is true what it says but in my case if I collect dinosaurs it is the only vice I have and I honestly do not throw the money in any other fun or spending too much, I survive buying dinosaurs thanks to my Spartan life .

Edited by Bokisaurus: Shonisaurus sorry that I edited your post, but I felt it was too much personal information.
YOU don't have to feel shamed or feel that you have to justify your collecting habits to ANYONE.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 08, 2019, 04:02:30 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on February 08, 2019, 02:48:47 PM

I second that.

Thank you Robin and Suspsy, I appreciate it a lot.

@ Derek.McManus - When I first read you comment, I was not sure what to think of it or if it was directed to me or to Shonisaurus. The more I thought of it, the more I became angry, and it didn't matter who it was aimed at: It was hurtful.
I am not sure if this comment was supposed to be funny, I'm telling you it is no at all funny.
Your comment is very judgmental, hurtful, and very much aimed at shaming others about their collection and lifestyle. You have no right to make judgment like this. You don't know me or any of the other collectors here to make that kind of judgment or lifestyle suggestion.
You have not a single clue as to how things are going in our personal life, our struggles, and how we make a living, what we are going thought. NONE!

As collectors, we should be proud and happy to share with this community our collections and not be shamed and judged.
I have never judged anyone, let alone make a suggestion on how they should be living their life or how they spend their money. YOU don't have that right, you don't know me at all.

I hope that you will apologize to everyone else who was hurt by your comment.
I don't know if you had the chance to read Shonisaurus's response to your comment in it's entirety before I edited it. His response is very personal and very hurt, which made me really sad and angrier that you have caused someone this much pain.
I Edited Shoniosaurus's response since I felt that it had too much personal information that I felt was not necessary for everyone else to see, Information that clearly state how deeply hurt he is by your comment. I really hope you that you find it in you to send him a personal apology.

Boki

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: