News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

By the way, Boki, those stones where you hold your new acquisitions of prehistoric animals from where you take them? Are they marine stones? I really like the stones where you sustain each acquisition of prehistoric animal that you show us in your photographs.

On the other hand, this black background of the photographs is impeccable, enhances each figure and I tell you with all the sincerity of the world. What has been said about me is where these stones come from.

acro-man

Superb photography.

And the Southlands, wow! They true got talent!

Could you please let me know what the camera parameters are in your case?

Thanks!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 19, 2018, 11:19:18 PM
By the way, Boki, those stones where you hold your new acquisitions of prehistoric animals from where you take them? Are they marine stones? I really like the stones where you sustain each acquisition of prehistoric animal that you show us in your photographs.

On the other hand, this black background of the photographs is impeccable, enhances each figure and I tell you with all the sincerity of the world. What has been said about me is where these stones come from.

Thanks😃 the rock I use in all my photos I found years ago in a river while hiking.
I think it's sandstone.
It has become my signature 😃

Bokisaurus

Quote from: acro-man on December 20, 2018, 04:45:04 AM
Superb photography.

And the Southlands, wow! They true got talent!

Could you please let me know what the camera parameters are in your case?

Thanks!
Thank you very much.
Believe it or not, the camera I use is just my iPhone 8😃
I don't use photoshop, just slightly adjusted the black.
Also use natural light, best one are on cloudy days so it's not harsh.
Cheers!😃

PhilSauria

Yeah, I have been a long time admirer of your photos as well.

Apart from anything else they do show that with a bit of imagination in the presentation, well arranged figures, camera placement and framing and you can present the subjects well without a lot of tech. Mind you that is not to say that those things can't bump the result up to another level, as Robin Goodfellow so impressively demonstrates!
I tend to use just natural light too though lately I've found that the desk lamp in my study does the job.

Thanks for sharing.

acro-man

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 20, 2018, 07:57:52 PM
Thank you very much.
Believe it or not, the camera I use is just my iPhone 8😃
I don't use photoshop, just slightly adjusted the black.
Also use natural light, best one are on cloudy days so it's not harsh.
Cheers!😃

Ohhhh~~ Clever tricks. Natural is best  :))
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Bokisaurus

Happy New Year! With that, I finally got the last of the new mini figures just a couple of weeks ago. Been too busy during the holiday to take any photos.
Anyway, great new set for sure, and heavy on predators :))
Like the previous installment, I will start with my favorites and end with the weakest figure in my opinion. So, here we go....

Tracy the Nemicolopterus - This is absolutely charming little pterosaur! I love the color combo, it is as brilliant as the promo pics, something that is not true of the majority of the figures!
[

Xiaoyu the Tianyulong - Another adorable cute little figure. I just love tis little one, very much like a skunk :)) My only complaint is that the eye is just black and looks weird. I did a quick fix, more on that at the end of the post.
I may do a review on this little one.
[]

Hehe the Lioceratops - Here is another awesome little ceratopsian. Great to see a new species of ceratopsian that is one of the smaller species.
[]

Luffy the Anchiornis - Very birdlike and also very cute!
[]

Shelfy the Odontochelys - Nice little figure.
[]

Yuyan the Sinosauropteryx - A little cheating here as this was already been made as part of the China Post set of minis. I find it odd that they gave it this pose, the death pose.
[]

Burton the Baryonyx - A nice small figure of this rising star. Lot of details packed into this little figure.
[]

Loader the Cryolophosaurus - My favorite version of this species so far ( at least of the ones I own ;D)
[]

Trike the Qianzhousaurus - This figure has the most detailed base as well as shaped differently.
[]

Carlos the Concavenator -Sporting feathers and tiger stripes :))
[]

Martin the Abelisaurus - Interesting colors, but not that exciting. Still lots of nice details on the head
[]

Yusen the Guidraco - The other pterosaur from this group.Kinda generic looking and honestly boring. I guess the small size makes it difficult to showcase it's impressive teeth like the large CollectA version.
[]

YiYi the Yi - So, for me this one is t he weakest of them all. It looks vintage when compared to the rest of the group. The tail looks really cheap, and the yellow and green did not help. My least favorite of them all unfortunately. :(
[]

And here they are in their packaging
[]

Well, hope you enjoyed them. They are worth acquiring, some more so than others. Now, please release the large figures already, pretty please ? :))

BONUS: As I said, I really love the Tianyulong, but had some issues with how the eyes are just painted black. To me it looks weird, maybe due to the large size. So I repainted the eyes. I also was involve with the colors seen in the prototype promo pictures. I was disappointed when I saw that the final version looks duller. I ordered two, so I decided to repaint the other.
Before (original version)
[]
After (repainted)
[]
As you can see, I painted the eyes blue to match some of the blue in the body. I also made the yellow stripes/highlight be more brighter. In addition, I added some more blue and yellow on the body as well as an eye spot on the tail :)) Interestingly enough, my second copy had more blue than the ones I repainted.
More comparison pics
[]
Meeting some new friend ^-^
[]

Enjoy and thanks for looking, cheers! :))

Halichoeres

I agree the Yi looks oddly cheap. It's one of the few small animals I didn't buy. Thank goodness for the Kaiyodo version...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 07, 2019, 04:12:36 PM
I agree the Yi looks oddly cheap. It's one of the few small animals I didn't buy. Thank goodness for the Kaiyodo version...

;D It reminded me so much of that cheap pteranodon figure that you get in those Chinasaur bags :)) Yeah, the Kaiyodo is the best!

Libraraptor

These PNSO are really cool. I love your repainted Tianyulong, it´s much more vivid that way!

ceratopsian

I think the tail on the Yi is just too flat a green and quite a "plastic" shade of green.  A shame.  I must confess it was a bit disappointing when I unpacked it.

Patrx

Yes, I think the Yi must be one of the earlier sculpts, it definitely looks cruder than some of the others.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 07, 2019, 07:58:30 PM
These PNSO are really cool. I love your repainted Tianyulong, it´s much more vivid that way!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I really wanted the figure to close as vibrant as the prototype we all saw. I just added the eye spot for fun! ^-^

suspsy

I like the Yi qi in spite of its apparent flaws for no other reason than the fact that it's a Yi qi.

Sure hope Minizoo starts stocking PNSO soon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

Nice photos. As soon as the standalone promotional photos of the Yi came out, I was quite glad that I bought the Kaiyodo version when I did, and, judging from these photos, my opinion hasn't changed on it  :-\

I have the Tianyulong (and a few others showcased here) on my way to me, so it'll be interesting to see which copy it matches  :-X  (hoping it matches the second one more myself).

Shonisaurus

By the way, Bokisaurus, the protoceratops that you show with PNSO figures, to which company do you belong? It sounds familiar reminds me of a Safari figure but with other colors. Am I wrong or not?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 09, 2019, 06:05:34 PM
By the way, Bokisaurus, the protoceratops that you show with PNSO figures, to which company do you belong? It sounds familiar reminds me of a Safari figure but with other colors. Am I wrong or not?

Hi, it is not a Safari figure. I forgot who made it, but I think it's a Takara or one of those company. It's bigger than the Kaiyodo.

@ Ravonium - hope your version will be the more colorful bluer one as well ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 09, 2019, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 09, 2019, 06:05:34 PM

Hi, it is not a Safari figure. I forgot who made it, but I think it's a Takara or one of those company. It's bigger than the Kaiyodo.

It's the UHA Collect Club figure by Kaiyodo.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those little PNSO figures look beautiful, your photagraphy skills are excellent too, I can see all the details. That Tianyulong  ;)
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: