News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Well well, time for another collection update  ;D
Although I am not a big fan of action dinosaur figures, and I gave away 99.9% of my JP and Chap Mei collection, There are still some left in my collection and I have added some new ones to the mix.
The Whole JWFK have spawned some new species and some of them are nice though that I got some of them.
I will just post the new additions, I will save the other JP stuff much later.
I got these figures over several months last year.
My personal favorite is the pachyrhino, just awesome large figure.
[]
Although not originally part of the plan, I cam across a clearance Bary for $5, the box was so badly damaged, but the figure was intact. So I got it, along with the Gallimimus, also on clearance due to damaged packaging. I could not pass up such price, after all who cares about the packaging when you are just going to discard them ( at least I do anyway). I also grab one of the small 3 packs
[]
Group shot of the first group that I got
[]

Then last week while on vacation, I stoped by a Walmart ( it was the only store in town :-[) to grab something I need for the trip , Of course I had to check out what dino toys they may have. I found some JWFK figures that I like, so I got those as well.
[]
They are Styracosaurs, Dracorex, and Monoloposaurus. I like these guys a lot despite the oversized feet on the bipeds.
There were other figures but I wasn't impressed by them especially the Concavenator which is a shame. Here is a photo of the display
[]
I was really tempted by the para, but I did not like it enough to spend $20 on it :P
Here is the Dracorex with Stygy
[]
I was impressed they were actually different sculpt and not a head switch ;D
The obligatory photo op with Owen :))
[]

Cheers! Till the next installment, happy dino toy hunting ;D

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your JW dinosaur acquisitions. Certainly the concavenator is a very poorly represented figure in that series, sincerely in general terms these figures are very beautiful, I really like the gallimimus, dracorex and monolophosaurus, and especially these four figures, styracosaurus, pachyrhinosaurus, parasaurolophus, ceratosaurus and baryonyx. Although I am not a follower of this series of articulated figures I have to admit that they are quite good and that they can serve on the shelves of any experienced collector (in fact many forum members like you Boki) have these beautiful JW figures.

Faelrin

Interesting pics there. I'm surprised to see you have some of these too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on January 29, 2019, 03:43:44 PM

:)) I do have some JP figures in my collection, just not as many as I used to in the past. These days I'm very selective of what I add to my JP collection, just those that I really like. I wish I can get the mosasaur.
To me, JP figures are best when they are in a group all together, they make a truly impressive display.
I gave the majority of my JP collection to a fellow collector who have limited access to them ( he lives in the Philippines) a few years ago.

RobinGoodfellow

In the beginning I was quite skeptical about JW FK toys (I've never been a JP collector).
Then I saw some of them in person and I have to admit they're fun to collect (even if I won't go too deep into the line - only major figures-)
:)

Bokisaurus

Well, I finally got the Eofauna Giga as well. DeJankins received his shipment so I ordered it.
It is truly impressive and beautiful, more so in person than in any photos. I was relieved when it arrived safely. It cost a lot, but then it was worth it ( although it was pushing it for me at $40!
It is more in line with Papo quality in my opinion, just not as textured.
Anyway, it's a great addition for sure.
[]

With Eofauna's two previous releases, both Elephants
[]

And with some comparison shots with Safari's version. Interestingly enough, they are the same size, with Safari just slightly beefier. They are also share almost the exact pose, right down to the tail curve and feet placement! Very odd.But they do make a nice display pair.
[]

And here she is with some of her relatives, a reunion! ;D She now joins this group, I think they really display nice together. I wanted to add the CollectA and Battat Acros, as well as the Favorite Convavenator, but run out of time to find them ;D
[]

And perhaps a coincidence or inspiration?
[]
With the Battat/Terra repainted Rex

Enjoy, Cheers!
[]
Bye now :D

Faelrin

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 29, 2019, 06:29:08 PM

:)) I do have some JP figures in my collection, just not as many as I used to in the past. These days I'm very selective of what I add to my JP collection, just those that I really like. I wish I can get the mosasaur.
To me, JP figures are best when they are in a group all together, they make a truly impressive display.
I gave the majority of my JP collection to a fellow collector who have limited access to them ( he lives in the Philippines) a few years ago.

I can totally agree with having a bunch of them together makes for something special *eyes my collection*. Very nice of you to help someone out with your previous figures too. If you need some help with getting the Mosasaurus at some point, let me know. It seems Target stores are still stocking them (they are currently in stock on their site for $24), although I'm not sure for how much longer they will continue to have stock of them.

Also congrats with getting the Eofauna Giganotosaurus too. A lovely figure for sure, just too pricey for me (although I have made exceptions in the past, but I don't want to make a habit of it).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Magnificent collection of dinosaurs of Eofauna Bokisaurus sincerely, this company promises. We hope that in the future he will make more figures. Thank you for sharing these comparative photographs of the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna with other figures of collecting from other brands.

Halichoeres

Lovely photos as always. Glad to hear yours arrived safely!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on January 29, 2019, 06:57:44 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 29, 2019, 06:29:08 PM

Hey, thank you for the tip! Not sure why i never thought about looking for it at Target online! I found it for that price and it is now in my hands! Wow, BIG figure! :)
I can totally agree with having a bunch of them together makes for something special *eyes my collection*. Very nice of you to help someone out with your previous figures too. If you need some help with getting the Mosasaurus at some point, let me know. It seems Target stores are still stocking them (they are currently in stock on their site for $24), although I'm not sure for how much longer they will continue to have stock of them.

Also congrats with getting the Eofauna Giganotosaurus too. A lovely figure for sure, just too pricey for me (although I have made exceptions in the past, but I don't want to make a habit of it).

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2019, 05:53:22 PM
Lovely photos as always. Glad to hear yours arrived safely!

Haha, I was very relieved to see it in one piece! ^-^

Bokisaurus

Just a quick one since I don't have much time! I received my large PNSO order! I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it arrived considering it was estimated around later this month and I got it from Amazon but it was fulfilled by PNSO. ONE Week!
Anyway, my favorite sauropod in the flesh ! WOW, What an amazing, amazing figure! I'm totally blown away by it's beauty!
[]
This is one accurate figure! I know there was a quality issue with the foot, but looking at the sculpt, it looks correct. Somehow, someone decided to "paint" the nails on it. Should be an easy fix to cover it up.
I plan on doing a review on this figure.
The level of detail on this one is just amazing!

I also got the new mosasaurus and Mamenchi, both impressive! I will try to post photo of them tomorrow when I have more time.
[]

Fenestra

Wow! That was fast! Congratulations
It sure is a beautiful Amargasaurus. I'm not a fan of the base that comes with it though.
What an odd choice to paint something on the front feet to make it look like toe nails?
Fortunately it is easily corrected with a little dark paint (or a marker).

Patrx

Congrats! Great photos, Boki :D

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 04, 2019, 07:16:37 PMThis is one accurate figure! I know there was a quality issue with the foot, but looking at the sculpt, it looks correct. Somehow, someone decided to "paint" the nails on it. Should be an easy fix to cover it up.

I thought that might be the case; similar things have happened with a few Kaiyodo pieces. The sculpt is accurate, but whoever applies the paint decides to paint the nails on, or paint the palatine teeth of a mosasaur pink.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

ceratopsian

It's a lovely piece, front toe nails notwithstanding. I love the body colours. I want one!  (I too have found transit times from China quick.)

PhilSauria

Yeah I tend to agree on the feet - earlier images appeared to have the same shape but were not painted. Does not reflect well on the quality control for such a high-end figure.

If I can talk Amazon into sending one over here to Australia those feet will be getting a re-touch.

Shonisaurus

What envy! My amargasaurus and mosasaurus from PNSO bought from a Chinese Ebay store have not been sent to me yet due to the Chinese New Year holidays that will last until February 10th, so I have been told to have all the patience in the world. I'm dying to have these figures.

The same goes for the indominus of Nanmu Studio and ophthalmosaurus of PNSO that still appear in the search for emails that have not even reached their destination. I think they're being held by customs.

Fortunately, my PNSO megalodon will come to me this week as it is classified in the email search. The customs service of my nation is so implacable, together with the delays of shipments for the Chinese New Year Festival (Year of the Pig).

Beautiful amargasaurus from PNSO I understand that it is better than the other previous replicas of other brands. It would be interesting a photo in its comparative day of amargasaurus PNSO with other homologous of Papo, Safari, Carnegie, Collecta or Battat.

I see that the defects I thought I suffered from paint are not what I imagined. The painting is implementable and most importantly the front legs are more realistic than I had imagined. I congratulate you Bokisaurus and you do not know the envy that you give me to see you with these two new acquisitions. My 100% reliable Chinese eBay suppliers have not sent it to me yet because they are partying for the Chinese New Year as I said, I was informed by the google search engine and the Chinese New Year does not end until February 10th. So I guess next Monday they will send it to me. In my case, I have had bad luck when placing orders.

Minmiminime

Oh, it's beautiful! Congratulations B @Bokisaurus 😊 Thank you, it's great to know that the nails are a paint rather than a sculptural defect. I'll definitely correct that, too! 😁
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: