News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Great photo coverage of all of these; really gives a good look at the actual product. I'll be making some sort of base for the Spino - looks pretty big, seeing it next to the CollectA Spino, which is huge! The Carnegie Spinosaurus is still one of my favorite paleo figures despite it being a tad dated now - it just looks so naturalistic (colours aside). Thanks for posting and I look forward to your review.

Shonisaurus

This is a photo delight. The camarasaurus for me is a great figure of that emblematic sauropod and the best of its kind in PVC figure and in this case I disagree with the comments. As far as the spinosaurus is concerned, it is a great figure, but that Safari figure deserves to have a base like Favorite spinosaurus, whether fixed or removable (I prefer the fixed one), you have to be very careful not to fall .

The stegosaurus is a large figure of the group (and that previously disagreed about its quality) that yes his painting is neglected.

As far as the pteranodon is concerned, this figure of Safari 2019 is the best made for me by a toy brand and very scientific. I congratulate you on your new acquisitions Bokisaurus are totally outstanding figures from the artistic point of view both in modeling and in painting.

Perhaps for me the weak figure of the group is the spinosaurus of Safari, the version of Collecta sincerely for me is superior but it is an appreciation of mine. Anyway it is a great year of Safari.

Roselaar

Excellent pics of these lovely new Safarisaurs, Boki! Thanks for sharing!

I love the Pteranodon, it's definitely the most appealing of the bunch. I agree on the Camarasaurus,it just seems... off. It is bigger than I anticipated though.

Patrx

I dunno man, I think the Safari Camarasaurus is my favorite plastic sauropod, at least of the ones I've seen in person. Great photos, Boki!

suspsy

As always, Boki, your photography is second to no one's.  :)

I really like the Stegosaurus; it's hands down the 2019 Safari toy I've been most keen about. The sculpting is lovely, it looks as scientifically accurate as one can get, and it will be my flagship Stegosaurus. That all being said, if Safari elects to do a repaint in shades of green in the future, it would replace this one in an instant.

Nice to finally see some shots of the Pteranodon. I'm loving that head. A real shame about the warping. Hopefully the one I get will not have those issues.

I think the Camarasaurus looks fine. I've seen museum mounts with fairly large heads like that.

And again, while I think the Spinosaurus looks great, I'm still perfectly happy with my CollectA twins. I certainly look forward to reading your review of it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on February 27, 2019, 11:42:01 PM
I dunno man, I think the Safari Camarasaurus is my favorite plastic sauropod, at least of the ones I've seen in person. Great photos, Boki!

The Camarasaurus has reached legendary status in my eyes. It's similar to the best of Battat.

The only way Safari can top this is by releasing a Mamenchi.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 11, 2019, 08:34:51 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 11, 2019, 06:49:19 PM

:)

They are actually saving and protecting him,  don't they?

They are having an exclusive meeting without the Papo  8)

The PNSO is easily the best of the bunch.

Bokisaurus

More of the Stego for your eyes.
I decided to show her with some of the old version, as well some of of the icons of the Jurassic and Cretaceous  ;D
[

Enjoy, cheers! ^-^

PS
The new Spino is the largest figure in their entire 2019 lineup!

suspsy

Boki, I am so disappointed in you! How could you not include the Safari Apatosaurus in that shot with the T. rex and the Triceratops? The classic big four, man! :'(

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on March 01, 2019, 08:59:38 PM
Boki, I am so disappointed in you! How could you not include the Safari Apatosaurus in that shot with the T. rex and the Triceratops? The classic big four, man! :'(

LOL ;D! I actually took one, but the Apato just look so out of place, both in scale and sculpt that I decided not to post it... but if you insist ;D

Bokisaurus

Well Dinofans, guess what? Its CollectAsaurus Time! ;D

The first wave of CollectA tsunami finally hit my doorstep, and I tell ya, I am completely swept away! Wow, really nice figures and a great mix of classics and obscure exotics.
So lets dive right in since I don't have much time to post before I go t work ;D

First up is the beautiful Borealopelta - This is one beautiful small figure that is really packed with details. Its one of the best nodosaurid figure and is now my favorite.
They got the colors nicely, and there are so many nice color washes all over.
[]

Next up is the exquisite Edaphosaurus - Another stunning figure, this time its an old classic that really deserved some love. This one is definitely a home run, from the color choices and design, the placid pose, the intricate and delicate details
It really is something else, and really need to be seen in photos to truly appreciate its beauty. There is just so much character on this one, or personality? Love the expression, too.
[

The hunt: With its eternal enemy, the Dimetrodon. These two really pairs well and so happy that CollectA did both.
[]

The Exotic Caiuajara Supreme - This figure is as exotic and its name sounds. Much smaller than I thought, smaller than its two predecessors, good for those space conscious  ;D
I love this figure. It has so many details that its hard to capture them all in photo. The distinctive headrest is impressive. The only thing I don't really like is how the eyespot turned out. This was made worst by using a different, glossy type, of paint that really clash with the more natural and mat paint used on the head crest. I will eventually fix this by painting over it, not sure what yet, but I do like the eyespot idea.
[]
I plan on photographing it with the other supreme figures later.

And last is the beautiful Carnotaurus - I really like this figure, it looks delicate at the same time impressive. Great sculpting details, and I am glad to see they fixed the paint on the legs so you can actually see it better.
I am reviewing this figure soon, so I am holding off on more comments as well as photos... gotta save some material ;D
But in short, it is now my favorite figure of the species.
[]
It is roughly the same size as the Safari one, but much more slender and graceful, also longer. I really don't like the feet and legs of the Safari one, and it really stands out in this comparison photo.

Well hope you guys enjoyed the show and wetted you appetites ;D
Till next time, Cheers! ;D
[]
The group. You know, it really amazes me how much my trusted rock base can handle! :D

suspsy

Great photos, as usual. I was set on getting the Safari Carnotaurus until I laid eyes on the CollectA one. Looking forward to your review.

Shonisaurus

Magnificent quartet of prehistoric animals. Figures all very beautiful. In my case my preferences are focused on the caiuajara and the edaphosaurus of Collecta. The latter the edaphosaurus is the kind of prehistoric animal of this species that I have always liked to have. On the other hand the borealopelta and carnotaurus are also very pretty. I am very happy with your new acquisitions of Collecta. Bokisaurus The carnotaurus of Collecta compared to that of Safari looks magnificent. Very good year for Collecta, they have made few figures but all very good.

Halichoeres

I always love your photos! You must have gotten your parcel the same day I got mine :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

CollectA has done a fantastic job this year.
I think this Carnotaurus is now the best take on the species so far, probably even better than the stunning Carnegie version.
Also, B @Bokisaurus , does it have an articulated jaw?

Great photos, as always :)

suspsy

Roselaar

Excellent figures! Another strong year for Collecta. My personal favorite seems to be the Edaphosaurus, such an iconic and underappreciated species.

Too bad neither the Carnotaurus nor the Caijuajara have poable mouths, that would have been even more appealing. But I'll take them as they are. :)

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics, Boki! ;)

suspsy

ceratopsian

Beautiful photos, as usual. CollectA has excelled themselves this time. So looking forward to having my own models arrive once they get to UK shops!  I had been planning to pass on the Carnotaurus but not sure I can after seeing your photos.

Reptilia

What a marvellous Edaphosaurus! The sculpt is fantastic and the paint scheme very striking, without going over the top. Easily in the best three figures of 2019.

Got a question though: is the plastic used by Collecta different than that used by Papo, Schleich and Safari? I have the feeling is less rubbery and more plasticky, if that makes any sense.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: