News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new Bokisaurus acquisitions. By the way the dunkleosteus of Mojo is a beautiful figure although small and not very voluminous is well sculpted and painted the same I can say of his triceratops that has been commercialized this year.

Libraraptor

Interesting new acquisitions, Boki! I still very much enjoy following your thread! A real DTF classic!

Killekor

Thanks for the photos and for the informations, Bokisaurus! I didn't know that the MOJO Dunk was yet in the market, and I like it more than the CollectA one (which for me has a bad color scheme). If it wasn't that small I would probably buy it. Do you plan to review it?

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 11, 2019, 10:08:02 AM
Interesting new acquisitions, Boki! I still very much enjoy following your thread! A real DTF classic!

Thanks everyone!
@ Libraraptor - my old friend, thank you! I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes I feel like one of those old pop singers who is trying to make a comeback and be relevant! Hahahaha! :)) :)) :))

avatar_Killekor @Killekor - I t already is spoken for by another reviewer, so no, I'm not reviewing it... god knows I have soooooo many figures I still would like to review , it's just finding time. Cheers!

Halichoeres

Great photos as always, Boki! I'm mostly pretty impressed with the new Mojo Dunk; it's certainly one of their better pieces and doesn't suffer from the QC problems that afflicted the 2018 batch of releases.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Killekor

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 11, 2019, 06:30:30 PM
avatar_Killekor @Killekor - I t already is spoken for by another reviewer, so no, I'm not reviewing it... god knows I have soooooo many figures I still would like to review , it's just finding time. Cheers!

Thanks for the answer! I can't wait to see your next reviews! I love how long they are.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

If you get PNSO giganotosaurus or PNSO's yangchuanosaurus and chungkingosaurus it would be interesting if your dinotoyblog.com forum reviews were yours. Your long reviews to me also I like are very complete.

Libraraptor

Thanks everyone!
@ Libraraptor - my old friend, thank you! I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes I feel like one of those old pop singers who is trying to make a comeback and be relevant! Hahahaha! :)) :)) :))

Yes, so much has changed over the years, but we were never really  gone. So I think that you don't just try to be relevant,  you ARE still relevant!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 12, 2019, 06:42:21 PM

Thanks everyone!

Yes, so much has changed over the years, but we were never really  gone. So I think that you don't just try to be relevant,  you ARE still relevant!

So much indeed! It's great that we are still here and to have been able to watch this forum evolve through the years :)

Bokisaurus

Okay, here is another long post due to the volume of photos.
The Favorite Soft Model figures, both the original set and the second updated set.
I don't have the entire series, there are way too many of them and they are often just repeat of the original ones. The frustrating thing about Favorite for me is that they got stuck with just repeating the same species over and over.
So it was a nice break when they started to produce other species in the last few years.
Another source of frustration is how many of the new cool species are Museum Exclusive. This make it so hard and expensive to acquire them.
I'm sure I missed some in this photo shot since a lot of my collection are in storage . I have been meaning to post this collection for along time now, but just now getting to southing them all out :)

The original set - these guys came is blister packs and some, like the pteranodon and plesiosaurus came with little stands to hang the figure.
[]

And here we got the second release versions of pretty much the same species again. This group came in two box set which I only got one set and the figures are painted with much brighter colors.
[]

The Museum Exclusive Sets - Some of the most frustrating to get and also most expensive
[]

Non-Dino individual figures -  finally some interesting non-dine species. I hope that they continue with the series and add more. I don't have a lot of the newer figures, they were just too hard and expensive to get. I have other priorities now :))
[]

Old vs New
[]

Well there you go ;D
I have some of the new ones on order, still waiting for them, but I will update this once I receive them and will include the Archeop and Spino to the photo shoot.
Cheers! ;D

Shonisaurus

Thank you for sharing those great photos of Favorite Soft Model dinosaurs. Sincerely, the Japanese company of Favorite is my favorite dinosaur company in Japan.

PhilSauria

Great images of a fine collection. One of probably the only Prehistoric animal lines where, exclusives aside, I have been able to acquire the complete sets. The only exclusive I have managed to get was the Favorite Baryonyx.

I didn't mind the double up between the species from Kinto to Favorite as I am a great admirer of the work of sculptor Kazunari Araki and was pleased to have his take on these animals. Just waiting for the Mosasaurus to become more widely released and less expensive.

Halichoeres

Wow, that's a lot of photos! They haven't added anything to the "Prehistoric Life" line since the 2016 Cambrian series; I keep hoping they'll make some more miniatures from other time periods (Devonian or Permian please?).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 15, 2019, 11:23:21 PM
Great images of a fine collection. One of probably the only Prehistoric animal lines where, exclusives aside, I have been able to acquire the complete sets. The only exclusive I have managed to get was the Favorite Baryonyx.

I didn't mind the double up between the species from Kinto to Favorite as I am a great admirer of the work of sculptor Kazunari Araki and was pleased to have his take on these animals. Just waiting for the Mosasaurus to become more widely released and less expensive.

Good for you getting the sets while they were still affordable. I have the last few ones on order, still waiting for them.
If you are a fan of Araki's work, you probably would like the large hollow Dinoland Figures. It's a good sample of his earlier works.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 17, 2019, 06:57:40 PM
Wow, that's a lot of photos! They haven't added anything to the "Prehistoric Life" line since the 2016 Cambrian series; I keep hoping they'll make some more miniatures from other time periods (Devonian or Permian please?).

Ya know how much I love photos ;D
Yeah, I really wish they would continue with some of the more obscure species in the mini set.

suspsy

I may be the first person to reach 200 reviews, but given enough time, I believe Bokisaurus will exceed me!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Wonderful photography, Boki! Favorite's models never looked so good. :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 24, 2019, 01:37:36 AM
I may be the first person to reach 200 reviews, but given enough time, I believe Bokisaurus will exceed me!
;D Not sure about that! ;D I have not even reached 40 yet ;D

Bokisaurus

Well, finally, these two got released from customs ( or whatever was holding them up) and reached my doorsteps!
I was really excited about these two and I'm happy that I was not disappointed, in fact it exceeded my expectations. PNSO really is the company to watch for me. They have been consistent in quality and the species choices are pretty exciting.
Diorama figures are rare in the large figure PVC world, so its nice to get this pair. The dynamic duo are both well done, and in addition, they are flexible enough to be separated and stand alone figures.

Chungkinosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus Diorama pair
[
[]

The sculpting and details on these two are great, but it's especially awesome on the Yangchuanosaurus! I love the colors on it. The base is also nice and very detailed, more so that the others from the same series. Both figures fit nicely, but the Yangchuanosaurus can also stand on its own, the little peg on the base is just to help make it more stable/secure.

Giganotosaurus - This turned out better, IMHO, that any stock photo, especially the proportions. IN some of the promo photos, it looks like th head will be too small, but it really is not when seen in person.
It is roughly the same size as the pother Giga, but longer and more muscular and bulky.
It can stand on its own, which is nice, but really needs the base and peg to make it stable and secure. The base is a little cheesy for me with the skeleton, but its still nice.
I love the colors, they are subtle yet bright, perfect for a large predator of this size. It is my favorite version of this species by far, followed by the Eofauna. The Safari version just looks so contrived to me.
[]
To me, it has the best head sculpt of the trio, the level of detail is just amazing.

Well, that's it for now, until I receive the ankylo and Charcara, which are still held up somewhere. Its odd since I ordered these two a week  before these guys. Oh well, I'm not as excited with those two compared to these guys, so no biggie.
I hope that PNSO will continue to thrive and produce more species found in China.
I can't wait to see new sculpts from them, especially ceratopsians and sauropods ;D
Cheers!

Ceratosaurus

Your photos look amazing. My Giga is on the way and the Yangchuanosaurus/ chunkingosaurus is a guaranteed acquisition for me. Thanx for the pics and quick review.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: