News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

I got this PNSO Opthalmosaurus a while back but just now got around to it. I'm really blown away by how well nd real looking the eyes are on this figure, never seen anything like it before, looks like a fish!
[]

And I happen to come across these guys on clearance  ;D, check out those low prices! Box have damages but then I don't really care for the box, they just get recycled anyway. Coelurus have really big feet! :D
[

Cheers!

Halichoeres

It really is a beautiful Ophthalmosaurus. A little bit wrinkly, but other than that a very nice figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I really wish they'd sold that toy as Ornitholestes instead of Coelurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Killekor

Great models Bokisaurus! The PNSO Ophtalmosaurus is an exceptional figure, probably the best ichthyosaur toy ever made!
About the JW models, congratulations for finding them at that price!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Jose S.M.

Congrats on the Ophtalmosaurus, it's a very impressive piece, I'm sure it's an eye catcher on any shelf! The JW Coelurus looks like it's a very good sculpt except for those feet. It's head and body look nice, I love the photo where it's looking curiously at Scrat.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 15, 2019, 07:22:08 PM
It really is a beautiful Ophthalmosaurus. A little bit wrinkly, but other than that a very nice figure.

Thanks guys, definitely an awesome figure. Yeah, I know what you mean by too wrinkly. I can't understand the lumpy flesh on its side, so distracting in certain angles :))

Bokisaurus

So this one is a little bit out of the ordinary ;D
I came across this figure, it looks interesting and for $20, I wend ahead and purchased it.
It's that world famous Nessie ;D What an odd figure, but at least it was not downright Plesiosaur like so many Nessie/Loch Ness figures.
I was not aware of it, but it looks like it was part of Kaiyodo's Sufubi line like the T rex. It also comes articulated.
Very interesting figure with so many unique features. The head looks like a snail! LOL ;D
[]

Here she is with another version ( the more plesiosaur looking) of Nessie from years ago that came in a shadow box. And also the team of cryptids with the "other" world famous creature ;D
[]

Well, I don't really collect Cryptids, but its fun to have a few in ones collection. I'm looking for a Jackalope! ;D
Cheers, and happy Easter!

Libraraptor

I like oddities like these and congratulate you to this nice acquisition!

Halichoeres

Very useful to have these photos, so that I know what I'm looking for if I ever go diving in Loch Ness!  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 18, 2019, 04:52:25 PM
Very useful to have these photos, so that I know what I'm looking for if I ever go diving in Loch Ness!  :))

Yup, or when you go on expedition looking for new species of fish, just keep a look out! :D

Bokisaurus

Okay something new today. I just received my lates Prehistoric Times magazine and some of my repaints have made it, yay! Thanks a million to Randy for including them.
So, I figured I would share some of the last few repaints I did.

So for better or worst, here they are....

CollectA's:
Original
[
I love love love this figure, its just awesome and very striking !
However, I just can't get over the really badly done eyespot, what were they thinking? It's soooo distracting and really cheapens the beautiful figure. Not sure exactly what type of material they used, but its different from the paint, it looks more like a foil rub on type. It also proved to be very difficult to paint over.Im a big fan of eyespots, so I wanted to keep an eyespot on the crest.
I wanted to keep the blue since I love it, but it turned more like a greenish hue when I tried to repaint the eyespot, so I matched the blue border color so they match up a bit.
[]

Then we have these guys. I love the Dimetrodon's original colors ( I know, I'm in the minority here), I just think its unique and sets it apart from all the other dimetrodon figures out there.
So I wanted to change it just a bit as I wanted to make a pair, with this being the male.
Same goes with the little Eniosaurus ;D
[]

And now the trio of Schleich figures. It really is a shame that they did not give these guys proper and more interesting colors. These guys are the one that made it on the pages of prehistoric times magazine ;D
[]

Well, hope you enjoyed them and like how they turned out, thanks for looking!
I will be out on vacation for two weeks, so all my threads will be quite for a while. Take care!

Jose S.M.

I hope you enjpy your vacation Boki! I love the repaints, specially the way you use blue on the Einiosaurus, I have tried to make blue eyespots on mine but always hate the result, yours look so naturally vibrant. Also the Tawa's colors look way better than the original and help mask some of it's inaccuracies like being very thin and the big feet and the Oviraptor is just great, so colorful.

Libraraptor

The Oviraptor has definitely become much more attractive as a repaint.  Sorry, but the Tawa cannot be rescued by any repaint.

ceratopsian

All good repaints. The Oviraptor is a huge improvement.

Faelrin

Wow your repaints look absolutely stunning. I really do like the choice of colors and patterns you've went for all of those figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Have a happy holiday Bokisaurus on the other hand I love your repainted especially the caiuajara of Collecta. The tale of Schleich comes out obviously favored with this new aspect.  :)

Halichoeres

I was excited to see your repaints in PT, although I think they misspelled your name. Nice job bringing those Schleich figures to life.

Killekor

Nice repaints! In particular I really enjoy watching that Oviraptor with the new paint scheme.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 28, 2019, 02:27:24 PM
I was excited to see your repaints in PT, although I think they misspelled your name. Nice job bringing those Schleich figures to life.

:D LOL, yeah, my name is misspelled, but its close enough ^-^ Just grateful for Randy for including my work in his article.
Thank you everyone for the nice comments about these repainted figures :)

Bokisaurus

Well well, look what I found waiting for me when I came back from my trip!
It's Mojo's Dunkleosteus figure! It's smaller than I expected, but it is one beautiful sculpt for sure, the best from Mojo IMHO.
I really love this figure, and for a change, this Mojo figure really impressed me, not something I normally would say about Mojo figures.
It is VERY clear that Mojo's strength is in their non-dinosaur figures. They really do a good job on those compared to their dinosaurs.
I do hope that they will continue to produce more non-dine figures, including fish, mammals, and marine reptiles.
Not sure if the sculptor is someone new or if he/she just did a better job on this fish.

I particularly love the colors, and so happy to see that it remained true to what the promo pictures looked.To their credit, they did an amazing job with quality control.
[]

And here it is compared with the other Dunkleosteus from other major brands. As you can see, it is dwarfed but eh huge CollectA figure.
I like how they partially incased the armor in skin instead of it sticking out like it was glued on it.
This and the CollectA ( ironic) are now my favorite figure of the species.
[]
I had to separate the CollectA since it was too big. This way you can appreciate the big size difference between the two.

But here it is with the others.
Its cool to see all of the versions out there together. One can really appreciate the various interpretations of the artist. It seems that half of them have given it a tail that looks more like a shark, while half of them have given it one that looks more like an eel.
[]
Size wise, it is the smallest of the larger figure in body mass, but it is slightly longer than Safari's due to the tail being longer.

In this photo, you can see the body mass difference as well as how they all almost have the same pose!
[]
This will be my only Mojo figure that I plan on getting, not really interested in the others.
[]
All together now, just missing the mini one from CollectA Good set. I'm always mazed by how much more interesting to see a group of different figure from different brands and artist all together!

BONUS:
I also picked up this cheap Mosasaur from Boley while vacation. I stoped by a store and noticed a bin of assorted cheap dinosaurs and noticed a tail that was clearly not a dinosaur sticking out. So I checked it out and found this guy ;D
Not bad really, verymuch inspired by the JWFK mosasaur.
[]
Thanks for checking, cheers! ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: