You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravus

Thanks Boki! Your photos are very useful! The comparison shots for the different Giganotosaurus are wonderful. Don't you have the Vitae one! I am a bit doubtful about the PNSO because Vitae produced a really good Giganotosaurus. In my collection it is the best!
I am looking forward to receiving the Yangchuanosaurus! It looks outstanding!

Shonisaurus

Thank you as always Bokisaurus for your photos your contribution to the forum is fundamental both in your comments on dinotoyblog.com and in this endearing thread among other details. The giganotosaurus and the yangchuanosaurus vs. PNSO chungkingosaurus are essential for an adult collector and even an expert in paleontology who loves dinosaurs to excess.

Halichoeres

For Gigas, I'm still on team EoFauna, but this one is very nice also. The Yang/Chung diorama is outstanding, though. Like you, I'm most excited when they're making Chinese dinosaurs. I'm hoping for a Tuojiangosaurus or Gobisaurus someday.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

KeU

Fantastic photos as usual.
Your photo of Lucas and DaYong together might be the shot that pushes me to get DaYong and XiaoBei.
Nice comment on the Giganotosaurus head sculpt. Zhao Chuang really pinched in the head shape just below the crests. Giving Lucas a really unique look compared to the other brands when viewed up front.

suspsy

The Eofauna version wins the accuracy award for having a boxier head, but the PNSO definitely edges it out in terms of sculpting detail. The Safari one is outclassed by both of them, although it's still a great toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Yeah, I have two out of three of those mentioned Giganotosaurs, with the PNSO on order but I do lean towards the Eofauna as my favorite so far. Only trouble was it leaned towards me at first!, but a small piece of rubber glued under the inside edge of the right foot seems to have fixed the stability (just nobody sneeze near it!).

Syndicate Bias

I think when it comes to showcasing dinos, this has got to be one of my all time favourites with the black background and studio like lighting B @Bokisaurus

I'm glad you also rated the PNSO Giga higher than the other two. I personally have a nostalgic feel for the WS and Eofauna but PNSO takes the cake overall. Now if Papo just made one...

Killekor

Thanks for the photos of the Yangchuanosaurus diorama, Bokisaurus! Both figures look great!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on May 28, 2019, 07:40:00 PM
Thanks Boki! Your photos are very useful! The comparison shots for the different Giganotosaurus are wonderful. Don't you have the Vitae one! I am a bit doubtful about the PNSO because Vitae produced a really good Giganotosaurus. In my collection it is the best!
I am looking forward to receiving the Yangchuanosaurus! It looks outstanding!

Thanks. I don't have the Vitae, I no longer collect resin figures. Its hard and unfair to judge a figure that I have not seen in person, however, from what I have seen in photos, I really much prefer the PNSO Giga. There is just something really off about the Vitae to me, I think it's the awkward looking pose or something. And when it comes to details, I can almost guarantee that the PNSO is far better, but that's just my opinion. The figure really needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate its shear beauty.

Quote from: KeU on May 29, 2019, 01:38:42 AM
Fantastic photos as usual.
Your photo of Lucas and DaYong together might be the shot that pushes me to get DaYong and XiaoBei.
Nice comment on the Giganotosaurus head sculpt. Zhao Chuang really pinched in the head shape just below the crests. Giving Lucas a really unique look compared to the other brands when viewed up front.
Yeah, I agree and also the really thin lower jaw as well. That being said, I'm totally loving this figure the more I look at it with the other Giga's I have. There is just something about it that I feel capture the essence of what a Giga looks to me ( personal taste of course  ;))

Quote from: suspsy on May 29, 2019, 02:24:08 AM
The Eofauna version wins the accuracy award for having a boxier head, but the PNSO definitely edges it out in terms of sculpting detail. The Safari one is outclassed by both of them, although it's still a great toy.
Absolutely! The details is just amazing and this is a PVC figure.

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 29, 2019, 06:09:42 AM
Yeah, I have two out of three of those mentioned Giganotosaurs, with the PNSO on order but I do lean towards the Eofauna as my favorite so far. Only trouble was it leaned towards me at first!, but a small piece of rubber glued under the inside edge of the right foot seems to have fixed the stability (just nobody sneeze near it!).
I would be very interested to hear if this changes after you hold this PNSO figure in hand and can compare them in person. I hope you get it soon.

Last photo :)
I hope that it shows just how powerful looking this figure looks alongside the other two which looks slimmer . Its really hard to take a photo of the trio side-by-side that would show the differences in body due to their size, this is the closest I can come up with in showing these figures at the same distance and angle.
Note: They are all vertical on the tip of their tails ;D
I hope this  helps and answer some questions, cheers!

PS
I love how PNSO's theropods hands don't just look like a mirror image of the other. The fingers are all in different pose, so it really gives the hands some movement.

Shonisaurus

Nice picture! Both the PNSO model and its Safari and Eofauna counterparts are even in size. Each figure is pretty considering that the three figures are scientific collection figures.

PhilSauria

Great image of the three figures!

I downloaded it and rotated it 90 degrees CW so that they are all walking across the screen - whatever the aspect that is the best comparison I have seen between all three. As you say the nearest to the camera is always going to look larger so hard to give an accurate comparison, but what you've done does the job.

After years of iffy models of this animal (Carnegie excepted) we now have three excellent figures that because of their similarity in size will display well together. I am a major supporter of PNSO now and have managed to get hold of nearly all of their releases so I was always going to be impressed with the Giganotosaurus. Haven't gone for the minis as small figures don't really appeal to me as a collector.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: PhilSauria on May 29, 2019, 10:46:08 PM
Great image of the three figures!

I downloaded it and rotated it 90 degrees CW so that they are all walking across the screen - whatever the aspect that is the best comparison I have seen between all three. As you say the nearest to the camera is always going to look larger so hard to give an accurate comparison, but what you've done does the job.

After years of iffy models of this animal (Carnegie excepted) we now have three excellent figures that because of their similarity in size will display well together. I am a major supporter of PNSO now and have managed to get hold of nearly all of their releases so I was always going to be impressed with the Giganotosaurus. Haven't gone for the minis as small figures don't really appeal to me as a collector.

Thanks for the suggestion, I can't believe I did not think of doing that! ^-^
I posted the corrected version on the comparison thread as well.
[]

Bokisaurus

Ah, after one month of waiting, these two finally arrived! It's interesting how much difference the speed was in delivery between these two and the Giga/Diorama set. This two for some reason got held up in customs for al one time, and it looks like I'm not alone in this experience. That said, wow, it was worth the wait!
This two are absolutely beautiful figures and at the fraction of the cost of the museum line and yet have the same level of quality and details!
I'm glad that this new, cheaper priced figures without a base are as good as the museum line. For $20 each, they really are on par price wise with the other brands like Safari, CollectA. Papo have now skyrocketed in price, so I'm pretty sure it will just be pick and choose for me.
Anyway, here they are....

Anklyosaurus - To be honest, I'm not a fan of the species, but this one really blew me away! The level of details is absolutely amazing and so real looking. The skin/scales are so life-like and beautifully sculpted, even the little details.
I'm glad I never got the Safari one since this one is definitely the one for me. I never really liked the look and color of the Safari version ( personal taste of course before anyone throw rocks at me! ;D)
[]
There is so much character in this guy even with such a simple pose. I adore the happy and friendly expression on its face :D

Now the Megalodon - I never got the whole meg thing. That being said, I was tempted by this figure and price point despite having reservations seeing the promo photos.
I'm glad I was proven wrong, Its an awesome figure. I love the color, not great white inspired so that was refreshing . The mouth, the source of my hesitation, is actually very well a nd nicely done. The articulation worked very well in all pose.
The teeth and inside of the mouth is amazing, even those rows of teeth are so cleanly painted and sculpted, so real looking.
[]

I'm excited about this new line and hope to see more. I have the Stego on order, so it would be interesting to see how that turns out, hopefully with the same level of detail and quality of this first two.
[]

Nimravus

Congrats Boki, the ankylosaurus looks amazing. That is gonna be my next purchase!

Fenestra

Every time I see that Ankylosaurus, it gets more and more tempting to get one myself.
The paint job on it is just wonderful.

Jose S.M.

I can't wait to have it. I was going to order it from Amazon and it was out of stock again. It seems to be successful.

Andanna

I picked this one over the Rebor one because of the seam of the Rebor one.  I am seam-sensitive and not happy about Rebor's (new) practice of molding the tail separately.  Because of this specific sensitivity, I have also not ordered any models from Nanmu.

ceratopsian

Beautiful photos again. So good to hear that the new line is high quality too.

Gwangi

I dunno, that Meg's under-bite still looks pretty awful to me. But the Ankylosaurus is a winner, just got mine yesterday!

Shonisaurus

The ankylosaurus in terms of its painting, sculpture and details is the most accurate that has been made in the toy market comparable in genius to its ankylosaurus counterparts of Safari and Carnegie but sincerely this ankylosaurus is intended for a more adult audience and is a figure indicated to decorate an office or a desk. It is a figure that is on par with beauty with resin figures.

With regard to the megalodon, I have this figure sincerely it is better to see it physically than in the photographs of collectors or promotional photos, but in this case its small size and its details as the seams in the mouth make it a more toy figure than of collection and for me it is the weakest megalodon figure that exists in the traditional toy market and frankly this PNSO figure is surpassed by its megalodon vinyl counterpart of PNSO being the best megalodon figure made to date.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: