You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on May 31, 2019, 11:44:10 PM
I dunno, that Meg's under-bite still looks pretty awful to me. But the Ankylosaurus is a winner, just got mine yesterday!

Ain't it great?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on June 01, 2019, 11:42:14 AM
I dunno, that Meg's under-bite still looks pretty awful to me. But the Ankylosaurus is a winner, just got mine yesterday!

Ain't it great?

It really is, and larger than I expected. Gets me really excited for this size range, hopefully PNSO continues with it.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on June 01, 2019, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on June 01, 2019, 11:42:14 AM

Ain't it great?

It really is, and larger than I expected. Gets me really excited for this size range, hopefully PNSO continues with it.

Indeed. Perhaps PNSO can provide me with a nice Torosaurus to go alongside my Safari Triceratops. Or a Tarbosaurus at very long last.

Bokisaurus

I'm very impressed with this figure and hope that PNSO continues with this line and quality. If they do, I think the others companies will be having a really hard time convincing me to pay the same amount for their figures :))
Just a few shots to really show the level of details on this new line compared to the museum line.
[]
The PNSO figures really complement each other and looks so breathtaking when you see them all together! I hope to photograph them all together in one shot once I weed out the other non-PNSO figures from my display shelf.
It really is difficult to add other figures from other brands with the PNSO's since they are so vastly different in quality and level of details. PNSO is on a different league in my opinion, even the very detailed PAPO's ( which is the closest ones) looks out of place next to these PNSO, but that's just me ;)

Here is one to give you an idea just how big the difference are between he packaging one this new line versus the museum one:
[]
And this diorama pair is the smallest of the museum boxes ^-^

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, both lines of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals of PNSO look formidable. In the case of the yangchuanosaurus vs chnskingosaurus of PNSO (Set) and ankylosaurus of PNSO they are beautifully painted and sculpted. Thanks for the Bokisaurus photos.

PhilSauria

Agreed Boki - the PNSO models really are in a league of their own!

I have managed to acquire the majority of their output so far (minis aside - really small figures of Dinosaurs just don't appeal to me) and will continue to do so going forward. Bring on that Elasmosaurus! I'm considering trying to arrange for one shelf of my display to be dedicated entirely to this brand.

Halichoeres

I got my Ankylosaurus a couple of days ago and I love it. I have to agree with Gwangi, I'm not really feeling the meg. Although it looks fine with its mouth closed, the jaw articulation is extremely silly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Killekor

Thanks for the photos of those PNSO figures, Bokisaurus! The megalodon looks a lot better than the promotional photos. Now I like it!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

KeU

Shonisaurus

By the way, does anyone have the PNSO stegosaurus, perhaps Boki? It is a figure that is not reflected in the DTF network.

It seems that he is not as interesting as the rest of his prehistoric animal predecessors of the PNSO brand.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 02, 2019, 10:38:11 PM
By the way, does anyone have the PNSO stegosaurus, perhaps Boki? It is a figure that is not reflected in the DTF network.

It seems that he is not as interesting as the rest of his prehistoric animal predecessors of the PNSO brand.

No, I don't have it yet, its on order, just taking longer now due to whatever silly things happening with customs.
The reason why you don't see it often yet is not many people have it yet ^-^

Bokisaurus

Okay, now for Part 2 of the Favorite Collection now that I received the last few ones I was waiting for.
Starting with the new ones first ^-^

Mosasaur - From this year's release. ^-^ Gotta hand it to good old Mosa, he is quickly becoming the most popular marine reptile. I like this figure a lot, not that big but good size. All the expected Araki style and details are there . Colors and color schemes are interesting, not often we see something this colorful and in a horizontal orientations. Nice and unique purple mouth ;D
[]

Fukuivenator -Next up is the diminutive figure! I was not expecting it to be this small ;D Still a nice figure with good feather details. A little boring in the color department. Feet was a little hard to put on the base peg, so be careful when trying, I was worried I was going to break it! Figure won't stand if not on its base.
[]

The Baryonyx and Neovenator pair - The pair of exclusive museum figures. Both beautiful figures and detailed. Striking colors on the Neo, they managed to pull off the green, yellow, and red combination! ;D
Again, both figure need the base to stand.
[]

This these two Older figures :
[]
They sure love the color gray ;D

So these guys make up the newer figures from Favorite the last 3 years. It's nice to see some of the changes and evolution of the line as well as subtle change in the style.
A few comparisons
[]

UK

Great collection and your presentation and photographic skills make me look like a total idiot in comparison.

RobinGoodfellow

I'm a devoted follower of this thread.
More time passes and more it seems that good photographic threads concerning personal collections disappear from DTF.  :(
Only a few remain.
And it's a shame.  :-[
Watching others collections it's the main reason why I'm still following DTF.
Great job: please, keep it up..  8)

Shonisaurus

My order with my two favorite mosasaurus and fukuivenator is on the way thanks to Brett. Honestly I like that mosasaurus very much although the paint colors of his Soft PVC model mosasaurus remind me of a chocolate confection with cream. I say it with respect and affection and sincerely I like that mosasaurus although it seems with those colors a sweet. However, the sculpture is great and the size for my dwindling shelves comes from pearls.

Halichoeres

The old JP/JW magic has really done wonders for the popularity of Mosasaurus. Favorite continues to be one of the best makers of prehistoric animals, I just wish their output weren't so sporadic and so often limited in availability. Thanks for the photos!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

That Neovenator looks great. Easily beats out the CollectA Deluxe.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: UK on June 07, 2019, 07:38:40 PM
Great collection and your presentation and photographic skills make me look like a total idiot in comparison.

Thank you! Nothing wrong with your photographs ^-^

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 07, 2019, 07:40:38 PM

I'm a devoted follower of this thread.
More time passes and more it seems that good photographic threads concerning personal collections disappear from DTF.  :(
Only a few remain.
And it's a shame.  :-[
Watching others collections it's the main reason why I'm still following DTF.
Great job: please, keep it up..  8)

Thanks for following! Your collection thread is one of my favorite and always looking forward to new updates.
Yeah, the slow disappearances of some collection threads is sad.
Don't worry, still lots of figures to photograph and post, just a matter of finding enough free time :D

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2019, 05:58:09 PM
The old JP/JW magic has really done wonders for the popularity of Mosasaurus. Favorite continues to be one of the best makers of prehistoric animals, I just wish their output weren't so sporadic and so often limited in availability. Thanks for the photos!
I agree, Mosasaur just soared in popularity the last few years. Yeah, I really wish that the Favorite line is no a pain trying to acquire.

Nimravus

Thanks for the photos Boki, I must admit that this thread is one of my favourite ones!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on June 10, 2019, 07:39:09 PM
Thanks for the photos Boki, I must admit that this thread is one of my favourite ones!

Thanks  ^-^ Very much appreciated to know others are enjoying the collection thread.
Trust me, there are more photos coming up in the next few months :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: