You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 13, 2022, 10:13:30 AM
Just to follow on the issue - Coincidentally, yesterday searching for models, I stumbled across  a review with pictures about those issues in dinosaurs
I'm speechless! There are even models?  :o

Gothmog the Baryonyx

No I mean the entire reconstruction is shrinkwrapped, the animal should have a lot more flesh on it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

BrontoScorpio

Next is one of the most iconic models in the Kaiyodo 1984  Early Edition Resin Garage Kits of the 'Dinosaur Museum Series'.

Kaiyodo 1/20 Styracosaurus ( スティラコサウルス ) Resin Garage Kit, created by Araki Kazunari ( 荒木一成 )  -

Parts were not easy at all to handle, the main body had a Spherical bulge were the neck should be attached, that had to be completely removed,
using a tool like that of a dentist, I came up from a friend.Also limbs and limbs sockets in the body needed much sanding to fit.
well, if you're looking for vintage - be prepare to bear the consequences ...

The other side shows the struggles I had to bare :

Other than the dull brown coloring of the catalog I could only find two other color schemes for this model.Here's the more interesting one :

BrontoScorpio

Next is a unique looking model within the Kaiyodo 1984  Early Edition Resin Garage Kits of the 'Dinosaur Museum Series' :

Kaiyodo 1/35 Chasmosaurus ( カスモサウルス ) Resin Garage Kit, created by Shinichi Yamashita ( 山下伸一 )

( Here also I think the scale stated in the Catalog is a mistake - The right scale should be 1/20 )

It consists of a hefty bulky body, a muscular tail and particularly thick neck.
Also the fril looks very big in comparison to the small snout what makes this creature character that reminds me of a wizard collar.

Altogether there is plenty of material invested into this fellow :

One other feature that is unique to this model - it does not suppose to stand on the ground on a flat surface.
As you can see in the next picture - when lifting it up on his hind legs it reveals its striking moldings along the fril and body and realizing how impressive  it is

A pic from the Net :

BrontoScorpio

Last in this group, for now, model in the Kaiyodo 1984  Early Edition Resin Garage Kits of the 'Dinosaur Museum Series'.

Kaiyodo 1/35 Ankylosaurus  ( アンキロサウルス ) Resin Garage Kit, created by Takeshi Shirai ( 白井武志 )  -

A placid looking Ankylosaurus I may add

I had to glue back individually many of the spikes - but, you may agree that the top view is very symmetric and quite magnificent :

But then I got a second Kit - this time the Resin turned Beige :

As you can see in the picture above - the parts had many access material - and much sanding and adapting was needed for the parts to come together :

All together I think they make a lovely couple :

Here's a painted version from the Kaiyodo Museum :

BrontoScorpio

Current state of my Kaiyodo 1984  Early Edition Resin Garage Kits of the 'Dinosaur Museum Series' with their original boxes :

And one last group shot of them all :

BrontoScorpio

Second part of my Kaiyodo 1984  Early Edition Resin Garage Kits models are 18 MINI collection size series Dinosaurs.
Araki Kazunari is the prototype master  of this whole Series.

Each Kit was issued attached to the yellow ( left ) cardboard with the phamplet on the right :

The collection as described in the 'Kaiyodo Original kit Catalog'  ( 18 Types , 2 different Ichthyosaurs )  :

And in the 88's Japanese Catalog :

Here and there they appear next to the big size models, in color catalogs and other books.
I picked up together some examples :

Here are two 'Collage' picture I made for the entire MINI collection all together :

BrontoScorpio

So, Here are the  Kaiyodo 1984 MINI Resin Garage Kits collection series Dinosaurs models I got  :

First, this bunch of 5 Kits :

- Dimetrodon
- Parasaurolophus
- Brontosaurus
- Megalosaurus
- Iguanodon

All parts cleaned after sanding - ready to be assembled :

The figures are ready and standing :

Right side :

Different arrangement :

Different lighting :

Libraraptor

BrontoScorpio

LOL ... My thoughts exactly.
Initially I was intended on painting them - But, In any case I decided to develop my painting skills on less hard to find items, like a 'Paint the dino' by Favorite co. etc.
Then I realized if I paint it - It will never show anymore the fact that it's a built-up kit - and be just an ordinary model.
And last, I can always decide to paint it - but there's hardly any possibility for 'unpaint' - so, if going back or 're-doing' is almost impossible - I should better slip on it some more ...

BrontoScorpio

The, a second bunch of my Kaiyodo 1984 MINI Resin Garage Kits collection series Dinosaurs models I got  :

- Hypacrosaurus
- Monoclonius
- Brachiosaurus

Kits before sanding, cleaning and assembling :

The completed models :

As there are no exact limb sockets in the body - one needs to carefully calculate the angle of attachments - so all 4 legs stands firm on the ground :

Duna

I wouldn't paint them, either. Or at least I'd have a set painted and a set unpainted, just like Invicta. They have a nice aspect that reminds me a lot of Invicta, precisely, but also Marx. Nice pleasant creamy, green and green colors.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on March 18, 2022, 03:32:07 PM
I wouldn't paint them, either. Or at least I'd have a set painted and a set unpainted, just like Invicta.
hey have a nice aspect that reminds me a lot of Invicta, precisely, but also Marx
LOL ... if only it was so simple to get a second set .. I haven't even done with collecting my first set.
I dare you Try getting one on eBay ...
I won't tell them someone compared them to Marx's - I don't think they'll receive it very well ...
As all Resins probably get 'touchy' when compared to PVC casts  :)

BrontoScorpio

One more Kaiyodo  MINI kit :  Tarbosaurus -

After disassembling and cleaning :

After gluing all parts in their place  - feet were hard ...

All 3 Theropods ( formly 'Carnosaurs' ) of the series :

- Tyrannosaurus ( I got it allready painted )
- Megalosaurus
- Tarbosaurus

BrontoScorpio

So, there is my Kaiyodo MINI Resin kits collection on the shelf :

And the debt I still have to show the shelf of  the Kaiyodo Resin Kits 'Dinosaur Museum Series'  collection :

BrontoScorpio

These have been chalanging two months where I needed to catch up with many of my acquisitions.
But now it's all done  - so I can display my collection without being cought when later I am to add 'recent acquisitions' that had allready been seen on the shelves ...

I got 6 display Cabinets ( Pics can be enlarged when opening it in a new window and refreshing ) :

1. The Cabinet on the Right side  :
  • Schleich replicasaurs
  • Schleich replicasaurs 1st wave
  • Starlux prehistoric
  • Papo
  • Bullyland museum line
  • Bullyland ( mostly )
  • Safari ltd. ( mostly )
  • Carnegie
  • AAA ELC (mostly )

2. The Cabinet on the Left side  :
  • Schleich replicasaurs
  • Invicta Monochrome
  • Invicta painted
  • Battat Terra , Vitae , FameMaster 3D Puzzle Egg
  • Battat BMOS
  • CollectA Minis
  • Toyway : BBC WWD & NHM
  • Kleinwelka , Safari dinos of china , Sinclair MaR

3. The Cabinet at the Entrance hall  :
  • PNSO ( older stuff )
  • PNSO ( Newer stuff )
  • Numerous small dinos ( Linde, Nabisco, Inpro, Bullyland, Ovomaltine, Timmee, Diener, etc. )
  • Safari ltd. older stuff and Field Museum of Chicago, Play visions ANHM
  • Various small monochroms ( Marx, MPC, rom , Ajax, Kellog's, Sinclair, Timpo, Tootsie, etc. )
  • Various Clay / Porcelain & PVC ( Miller, Marolin )
  • Action figures ( Resaurus Carnage, Chap Mei, Kenner/Hasbro JP figures )
  • CollectA Minis
  • CollectA Deluxe

4. Cabinets 4,5,6 consist my 'Japanese Shrine'  :

- Top Shelves ( 4,5,6 )  :
  • Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/20 ( Left & Center) , Happinet, Sega, Horizon ( Right )
  • Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/35 ( Left), Kaiyodo/Shinzen/Alucard Resins ( Center ) , Kaiyodo 1:100 & 100mm, Sega Vignetteum, Collect club, Capcom 2009 Expo ( Right )
  • Kaiyodo Miniatures : Capsules, Expo, Chocolasaurs/Dinotales, Science museum, Fukui museum
  • Favorite Desktop models ( and some Expo and Musem coins )

- Bottom Shelves ( 4,5,6 )  :
  • Favorite Desktop models ( and some Expo and Musem coins ) - also seen on the picture above ...
  • Animal miniatures : Kaiyodo Animatales/Aquatales/Aqualand, Yujin, Epoch, etc. ( Left ), Numerous Japanese miniatures ( Center & Left )
  • Favorite soft models Hirokazu Tokugawa ( left ) , Resin models ( center ) , Kanna center & Metal dinos ( Right )
  • Colorata , Favorite minis, Kabaya Dino world ( left ) , Kaiyodo red Dragon , Takara, Bandai and Sega Dino king ( center ) , Mini JP ( Tsukuda & Amblin ) ,Bandai dino fight, etc. ( Right )
  • Favorite soft models Araki Kazunari ( Left ) , Tsukuda Hobby Vintage line ( Center ) , Tsukuda Hobby JP , Kokoro , Tamiya , etc. ( Right )
  • Sega Dinosaur King ( Left ) , Happinet Great Dinosaur Era ( Right ) , Both lines ( Center )

Libraraptor

Lanthanotus

That big, white Plesiosaur in the middle top is a real beaut (well, next to all those other figures :D)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 20, 2022, 05:39:43 PM
That big, white Plesiosaur in the middle top is a real beaut...
Thanks, some better close-up pics Here .

paintingdinos

An extremely impressive collection  :)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your Trims Japan arapaima kit? I saw it here in your thread for the first time - its size is very impressive!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: