News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stegosauria

ED posted the picture also with a text that this will be in stock around October and there will be teasers about the second figure shortly.

Flaffy

ceratopsian

That is a must have!  It's both very handsome and an obscure genus, a winning combination for me. Nice to have something to look forward to in the autumn.

Fenestra

What a beautiful figure! Some much detail and attitude!
It puts a smile on my face.
I'm very curious about the size in cm as well. The taller the better for me!

Jose S.M.

I'm very happy with it! There's people on their social media saying it's badly proportionated saying images from internet show a longer neck. I thought about sculpting one before and researched for skeletals and yes, various showed basically a small Brachiosaurus with a neck a bit shorter.

Shonisaurus

It is the atlasaurus that I always wanted him to make a mark of collecting. Eofauna has managed to fulfill my dreams.

Justin_

They've chosen an unusually-proportioned species for their first sauropod, but the detail and sense of movement are amazing. It really looks as if it is walking.

John

Quote from: stegosauria on August 12, 2019, 09:26:50 AM
Quote from: John on August 12, 2019, 07:53:52 AM
My question is where's everyone getting the idea that there will even be a second figure released at the same time as the Atlasaurus?

Because EverythingDinosaur also posted the thin slab of pictures of the new figure and in the post they wrote that Eofauna will introduce two new figures in autumn. And the Triceratops is either a few people's wishes and mistakenly the wish turned into a rumour (like a little the Papo Giganotosaurus) or it's originated from here: http://www.eofauna.com/figures/triceratops-skeleton
But by this Eofauna already made a Triceratops skeleton restoration (maybe even before their mammoth figure if the order means anything). But they did an Ajkaceratops skull replica too when the only things known about that species are the beaks (both lower and upper) and a few bones still attached to the upper beak so you can see the front part of the nasal cavity aaand that's all.

And here's Eofauna Deviantart page and there are a few pictures of Triceratops: https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/gallery/
That's good to know.Thanks for the information! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Ravonium

For those curious about the size; Atlasaurus is estimated to be ~15m long x ~9m high, Using the scale Eofauna are making it in (1:40), this would give us a figure that is about 37.5cm long x 22.5cm high.

suspsy

Have to say again, while I think this an absolutely wonderful toy of a unique species, I may end up having to pass on it if it's as expensive as the Giganotosaurus or even more.  :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on August 12, 2019, 07:03:04 PM
For those curious about the size; Atlasaurus is estimated to be ~15m long x ~9m high, Using the scale Eofauna are making it in (1:40), this would give us a figure that is about 37.5cm long x 22.5cm high.

For a medium-sized sauropod atlasaurus it is a formidable size. I honestly do not believe that the Argentinosaurus was sold by Eofauna with that size, the price of a solid PVC or vinyl Argentinosaurus for example at 1:40 scale would cost a scandalous amount of money.  ::)

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2019, 07:34:22 PM
Have to say again, while I think this an absolutely wonderful toy of a unique species, I may end up having to pass on it if it's as expensive as the Giganotosaurus or even more.  :(

There's another way of looking at.  The Giga is $39 and let's say, hypothetically, the Atlasaurus is $49-$59, that means the entire prehistoric dinosaur line for Eofauna will cost you $100, more or less.

In comparison, if you collect the entire PNSO line ...I'm actually terrified computing it  :o

Eofauna

Hi Collectors!

We are very pleased for the good reception of our Atlasaurus.

We would like to clarify some doubts.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on August 12, 2019, 04:19:26 PM
I'm very happy with it! There's people on their social media saying it's badly proportionated saying images from internet show a longer neck. I thought about sculpting one before and researched for skeletals and yes, various showed basically a small Brachiosaurus with a neck a bit shorter.

Our reconstruction neck length corresponds to the fossils record. The descriptive scientific study of Atlasaurus reports that the neck measures neck 3.85 m long, our recreation possess a neck just below 4 m, sightly longer because the intervertebral cartilage. Moreover, the photos of the cervicals we have, confirms its extreme short neck. Other authors likes Gregory Paul restore its neck somewhat shorter at about 3.5 m, while Nima Shahani increase its length to about 4.5 m, being the first too short, and the second too long based on the current evidence. Also, the last consider Atlasasurus being part of brachiosaurid family, however, phylogenetic studies place it as a basal neosaropod related to sauropods like Jobaria and Turiasaurus, which in part, explain the Atlasaurus very short neck.

Quote from: Ravonium on August 12, 2019, 07:03:04 PM

You nail it! the figure measure nearly 22.5 cm at the top of the head and in straight line, is about 30 cm in length.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna When will it be sold in online stores? Could you indicate an approximate price for that great sauropod?

Eofauna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 12, 2019, 09:45:52 PM
avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna When will it be sold in online stores? Could you indicate an approximate price for that great sauropod?

Hi Shonisaurus,

It should be available by the very end of October or beginning of November if everything goes smooth. The list price should be very close to that of Giganotosaurus.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: stegosauria on August 12, 2019, 09:26:50 AM
Quote from: John on August 12, 2019, 07:53:52 AM
My question is where's everyone getting the idea that there will even be a second figure released at the same time as the Atlasaurus?

Because EverythingDinosaur also posted the thin slab of pictures of the new figure and in the post they wrote that Eofauna will introduce two new figures in autumn. And the Triceratops is either a few people's wishes and mistakenly the wish turned into a rumour (like a little the Papo Giganotosaurus) or it's originated from here: http://www.eofauna.com/figures/triceratops-skeleton
But by this Eofauna already made a Triceratops skeleton restoration (maybe even before their mammoth figure if the order means anything). But they did an Ajkaceratops skull replica too when the only things known about that species are the beaks (both lower and upper) and a few bones still attached to the upper beak so you can see the front part of the nasal cavity aaand that's all.

And here's Eofauna Deviantart page and there are a few pictures of Triceratops: https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/gallery/

There's validity to the Papo Giganotosaurus as stated by Papo's Sculptor a long time ago and also one of their minis.

As far as Atlasaurus goes I am excited to add this one to my collection as it's something you don't see anyone else make as far as I'm concerned.

Ravonium

Quote from: Eofauna on August 12, 2019, 09:43:25 PM
You nail it! the figure measure nearly 22.5 cm at the top of the head and in straight line, is about 30 cm in length.

Two things:

1) Wow, my height estimate was pretty much spot on! :)

2) Not surprised I overestimated the length; the angle of the figure would inevitably reduce the straight-line length.

I have a feeling this figure, once released, might be USL material, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct  :-\

Eofauna

Quote from: Ravonium on August 12, 2019, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Eofauna on August 12, 2019, 09:43:25 PM

Two things:

1) Wow, my height estimate was pretty much spot on! :)

2) Not surprised I overestimated the length; the angle of the figure would inevitably reduce the straight-line length.

I have a feeling this figure, once released, might be USL material, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm correct  :-\

Well, you also practically nailed it with the length too, because 30 cm are in straight line (about 39-40 cm along the curvature).

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2019, 07:34:22 PM

I know eveyone prefers to collect on a price range or another, but I really don't think Eofauna's figures are expensive.For example, the CollectA 2018 Deluxe Tyrannosaurus is 24£ on Everything Dinosaur.The CollectA 2018 Deluxe Mapusaurus is 16£ on ED. And the Eofauna Giganotosaurus is 23£ on ED. It is the same price range, and as much as I love CollectA, there is indeed some difference between an Eofauna figure and a CollectA figure.

So if you collect CollectA Deluxes, Eofauna figures are pretty much on your price range too.

If the Atlasaurus ends up being around the price of the Giga, for me it is good news.

Ravonium

Quote from: Eofauna on August 12, 2019, 11:42:47 PM
Well, you also practically nailed it with the length too, because 30 cm are in straight line (about 39-40 cm along the curvature).

Yes, I got the curved length pretty much spot on too (just didn't mention it as that's not the 'length' that gets measured for the average product description)  :)

Quote from: Concavenator on August 12, 2019, 11:46:13 PM
If the Atlasaurus ends up being around the price of the Giga, for me it is good news.

I imagine it will be more expensive than the Giganotosaurus, although I'm not sure by how much  :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: