News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna yeah I believed your reconstruction was the correct one. In your post on Instagram there was a person that commented like 4 times it was wrong. When I read their comments I was getting kind of mad to be honest 😂 it was like they couldn't acknowledge your evidence.

Anyway, it's a beautiful figure and it would look imposing in any shelf for it's scale and it's uniqueness

Takama

Looking on Social media groups dedicated to dinosaurs.  I am surprised that many people have not heard or seen this sauropod before, and are qustioning its apperance.

I am thrilled that this animal is finally getting replicated as a toy, and for once in many MANY Years.   its a Sauropod thats in true 1:40 Scale.

Edit

It seems that I Forgot about Doug Watsons wonderful Camarasaurus which is in the same scale as well.   I wonder how the Two models will look together.

Syndicate Bias

I might be biting off more than I can chew here but I kind of hope Eofauna is considering a Carcharodontosaurus for the future but considering they just made a Giganotosaurus and also how scarce Carcharodontosaurus fossils are I highly doubt it. Just a thought since it's rarely ever produced if ever Resin Kits aside I think just CollectA ans Safari and Carneige.

I'm also probably gonna get grilled but I wouldn't mind an accurate T Rex from Eofauna considering the fact that I'm not one of the first to ever choose a T Rex over a Giga but Eofauna making one would get me to actually buy one since alot of other companies just do the usual jp inspired ones.

ZoPteryx

Wow!  Eofauna came through yet again!  Definitely going near the top of my want list.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 13, 2019, 07:59:05 AM
I'm also probably gonna get grilled but I wouldn't mind an accurate T Rex from Eofauna considering the fact that I'm not one of the first to ever choose a T Rex over a Giga but Eofauna making one would get me to actually buy one since alot of other companies just do the usual jp inspired ones.

I for one agree.  Eofauna is really the only company I wouldn't mind a T. rex from.  It'd probably be lipless though, which is my only reservation about this particular company making one.  But other than that, an Eofauna T. rex would likely be stellar.

Flaffy

I hope the next figure won't be Triceratops. While a Eofauna Triceratops would no doubt be beautiful and amazing as usual, there are already too many Triceratops (and Tyrannosaurus) models on the market.
And with the BotM Triceratops arriving in the near future, my particular itch for a highly detailed, highly accurate Triceratops is already fulfilled.

K.Bela

Quote from: Flaffy on August 13, 2019, 08:48:50 AM
I hope the next figure won't be Triceratops. While a Eofauna Triceratops would no doubt be beautiful and amazing as usual, there are already too many Triceratops (and Tyrannosaurus) models on the market.
And with the BotM Triceratops arriving in the near future, my particular itch for a highly detailed, highly accurate Triceratops is already fulfilled.

My thoughts and hopes exactly. I'd rather prefer a similarly under-represented species to be released. Alioramus, Ouranosaurus, Albertaceratops, Coahuilaceratops, Medusaceratops, Cryolophosaurus, etc.  ::)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: K.Bela on August 13, 2019, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on August 13, 2019, 08:48:50 AM

My thoughts and hopes exactly. I'd rather prefer a similarly under-represented species to be released. Alioramus, Ouranosaurus, Albertaceratops, Coahuilaceratops, Medusaceratops, Cryolophosaurus, etc.  ::)

I sincerely trust the members of the forum who have pointed out that the next revealed dinosaur would be the triceratops, I also like the figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals underrepresented, unpublished and obscure but sincerely I have the total certainty that the new Triceratops will be a great figure knowing the outstanding quality of Eofauna and I understand that it is logical that they make figures of known prehistoric animals alternating them with other unpublished ones for a simple reason, the popular dinosaurs of all life are commercialized. Except for those of us who are consecrated collectors (more and more we are), the general public likes dinosaurs, that is, classics such as triceratops or tyrannosaurus.

Also Eofauna should not unnecessarily risk your company by making only dark dinosaurs in the market, it would jeopardize your brand.

As a postscript I am the first interested in all companies focusing on very rare dinosaurs in the market but in my case I must be realistic in spite of myself. The dinosaurs they sell are the classics of a lifetime.

But Eofauna could have marketed the torosaurus that is very similar to triceratops or diceratops and they are obscure prehistoric animals in the market.

Concavenator

I think the other figure will be an ornithischian.Eofauna said that they would focus mainly on proboscideans, theropods, sauropodomorphs and ornithischians.They already have two proboscideans ( Steppe Mammoth and Palaeoloxodon antiquus), one theropod (Giganotosaurus), and now, a sauropod ( the new Atlasaurus). So I think the next one will likely be an ornithischian, and I'm guessing it will be a Triceratops.

If the next one is indeed an ornithischian,I think they're doing good when doing one figure for each group.
Some want  megafauna, others want dinosaurs...this way the diversity is ensured and there is variety to choose from.

PhilSauria

Found a way to access Facebook, even though I am not a member - two more images of the Altasaurus are now up at Eofauna, so if anyone has enough privileges to save them...

suspsy

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on August 13, 2019, 07:59:05 AM

Don't ever feel the least bit guilty about wanting a new Tyrannosaurus rex toy. I'd love it if Eofauna did one based on the artwork from their superb Dinosaurs Facts and Figures: The Theropods book—which you all should purchase if you haven't already!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Silvanusaurus

I am rarely interested in sauropods so wasn't expecting to be excited, but holy flip that is one beautiful long-neck.

Renecito

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 13, 2019, 01:16:44 PM
Found a way to access Facebook, even though I am not a member - two more images of the Altasaurus are now up at Eofauna, so if anyone has enough privileges to save them...

Freaking awesome figure, as I said I love the colours.

I hope the next figure will not be a triceratops, ceratopsids are not exactly my cup of tea and there are tons of those, but I must admit that Eofauna takes everything to another level of beauty and accuracy, so maybe I would love it too.  :)
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

ZoPteryx

Just keeps looking better and better!  ;D

Shonisaurus

This figure has an outstanding charm I hope that the figure of the prototype does not vary at all in relation to the painting to the real figure that will be marketed. I like Eofauna giganotosaurus but unfortunately his real figure varied in the paint schemes with respect to his prototype figure whose touches of paint I liked best. I hope that the atlasaurus is just as bright in paint both in its original prototype and in the figure that comes out in online stores I repeat again.

suspsy

And it looks like we're getting a third proboscidean, possibly Deinotherium. I am somewhat disappointed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I would not be disappointed if Eofauna's deinotherium is very similar to its resin sculpture:

https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/art/Hoe-Tusker-Deinotherium-giganteum-343207944  :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Here's the first teaser for the next animal; definitely a mammal, probably a probiscidean, I'm hoping for Deinotherium!
Anybody think there's a chance it could be Paraceratherium?

Ravonium

The position of the trunk and the shape of the head make me think Deinotherium. It could be a close relative (Prodeinotherium is known from good enough remains that EoFauna would consider it if raised to them), but that is pretty unlikely.

Shonisaurus

Paraceratherium I sincerely believe and with all the pain of my soul that it will not be, but said that it can be a deinotherium or a probiscid similar to that mentioned. I honestly don't dislike a deinotherium or a prodeinotherium. Both possibilities of prehistoric mammals sincerely please me equally.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 14, 2019, 01:14:41 PM
Here's the first teaser for the next animal; definitely a mammal, probably a probiscidean, I'm hoping for Deinotherium!
Anybody think there's a chance it could be Paraceratherium?

My bet is that it's a Paraceratherium. That snout looks very distinctive.
I'm praying it would be, we need one!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: