News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I hope Bokisaurus you're right. For me, paraceratherium is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals and one made by Eofauna would be great. Let's cross our fingers to make it a paraceratherium.

suspsy

Now Paraceratherium I could totally get behind. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Ravonium

I hope it's Paraceratherium, but, assuming that the image being hidden is of the full figure, the head looks too big to be that of Paraceratherium.

Shonisaurus

Hopefully it is a paraceratherium by Eofauna that will make other brands (PNSO, Safari, Collecta, Papo and even Schleich) are encouraged to make that precious prehistoric and at the same time rare mammal.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on August 14, 2019, 12:32:44 PM
And it looks like we're getting a third proboscidean, possibly Deinotherium. I am somewhat disappointed.

I'm not!  I hope they at least complete this set (pictured below as attachment) in non-resin form (it should be relatively easier to do since they were already made, they just need to switch up the materials, definitely easier than starting from nothing) or an Indricotherium (the only one that's available looks like Joe Camel).

https://www.facebook.com/EoFauna/photos/fantastic-photos-of-eofauna-mammoths-on-dinosaur-toy-forum-many-thankshttpdinoto/2230131640361059/

Lanthanotus

... is all I gotta say for both o' these.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 14, 2019, 07:42:51 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 14, 2019, 12:32:44 PM
And it looks like we're getting a third proboscidean, possibly Deinotherium. I am somewhat disappointed.

I'm not!  I hope they at least complete this set (pictured below as attachment) in non-resin form (it should be relatively easier to do since they were already made, they just need to switch up the materials, definitely easier than starting from nothing) or an Indricotherium (the only one that's available looks like Joe Camel).

https://www.facebook.com/EoFauna/photos/fantastic-photos-of-eofauna-mammoths-on-dinosaur-toy-forum-many-thankshttpdinoto/2230131640361059/

I don't think they've reused any of those sculpts, unfortunately, cool as they are. I think I see a raised trunk in front of the teaser animal's forehead.

I do hope they reuse those for their more toy oriented line someday though. As a 1:40 freak, Safari totally blueballed me with their 1:30 mastodon.

terrorchicken

I wouldn't mind either a deinotherium or paraceratherium. I have both Collecta versions of these figures but Im not crazy about the deino and the para's gotten all sticky(ew.)

Halichoeres

I'm all about that Atlasaurus. It's an incredibly oddly proportioned animal, but the figure looks gorgeous. This is part of why I got into collecting--to learn more about animals whose names I'm only dimly aware of. There's sort of a diminishing educational return on the stock dinosaurs.

I'm surprised to see a third mammal/probable proboscidean. I would have guessed the next reveal would be an ornithischian, the only one of their focal groups that they haven't touched yet.

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2019, 07:34:22 PM
Have to say again, while I think this an absolutely wonderful toy of a unique species, I may end up having to pass on it if it's as expensive as the Giganotosaurus or even more.  :(

I mean, the obvious solution is to buy fewer T. rex figures. ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Ravonium on August 14, 2019, 05:53:47 PM
I hope it's Paraceratherium, but, assuming that the image being hidden is of the full figure, the head looks too big to be that of Paraceratherium.

Well, the original slice of the Atlasaurus was very low, giving the impression of a creature with much shorter limbs.  So I don't think we can really take the scale seen here as reality.  That said, as much as I'd like a Paraceratherium, I strongly suspect it's Deinotherium or a close relative.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2019, 02:32:54 AM
....... This is part of why I got into collecting--to learn more about animals whose names I'm only dimly aware of. There's sort of a diminishing educational return on the stock dinosaurs.

Exactly! I learned a lot because of collecting figures.
  Everytime a new species enters the collection it motivates me to read about it.

Quote from: suspsy on August 12, 2019, 07:34:22 PM
Have to say again, while I think this an absolutely wonderful toy of a unique species, I may end up having to pass on it if it's as expensive as the Giganotosaurus or even more.  :(

I mean, the obvious solution is to buy fewer T. rex figures. ;)

:))  Ha, Ha! Good one.

suspsy

I'm all about that Atlasaurus. It's an incredibly oddly proportioned animal, but the figure looks gorgeous. This is part of why I got into collecting--to learn more about animals whose names I'm only dimly aware of

Yes, it's nice to see a weird sauropod that isn't Amargasaurus for a most welcome change!

QuoteI mean, the obvious solution is to buy fewer T. rex figures. ;)

Utter nonsense!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

QuoteExactly! I learned a lot because of collecting figures. Everytime a new species enters the collection it motivates me to read about it.

I can relate to that.The advantage of a scientifically accurate figure over a plain action figure or a mere toy is that you can actually learn from it, it has educational value.

QuoteYes, it's nice to see a weird sauropod that isn't Amargasaurus for a most welcome change!

Yeah, Amargasaurus is the go-to option for the vast majority of dinosaur model makers when they have to introduce a more unusual sauropod in their ranges!  ;D Still, there isn't an Amargasaurus figure that truly satisfies me, which is why I chose it as one of the species for Eofauna's figures questionnaire.The Carnegie version is still be the best one imo.

If the reveal process is the same as with the Atlasaurus, we should see another teaser tomorrow, and the full reveal would be next Monday.

Quote from: Concavenator on August 15, 2019, 11:07:29 PM
If the reveal process is the same as with the Atlasaurus, we should see another teaser tomorrow, and the full reveal would be next Monday.

Makes sense. I can't wait! I must've checked their Facebook and Instagram feeds a dozen times today just in case.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on August 16, 2019, 03:17:02 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 15, 2019, 11:07:29 PM

Makes sense. I can't wait! I must've checked their Facebook and Instagram feeds a dozen times today just in case.

The new revelation of Eofauna will surely be a deinotherium. I dream of seeing that magnificent figure by Eofauna knowing his other two prehistoric elephants.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Dinoreplicas

After spending literally seconds scrutinising this image, I have deduced that it is highly likely a model of a four legged animal.

Renecito

Quote from: Strick67 on August 16, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
After spending literally seconds scrutinising this image, I have deduced that it is highly likely a model of a four legged animal.

You know what, I think you're right!  ;D
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Concavenator

Quote from: Strick67 on August 16, 2019, 10:38:30 PM

There was someone on FB that said,after watching this teaser, that it is going to be a terror bird  ;D Quite a big and odd bird, indeed!  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: